Remove this Banner Ad

Nallad

Club Legend
Jun 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
With St Kilda's 'fab five' all reaching the ends of their careers, who has been the best out of...

Nick Riewoldt
Lenny Hayes
Brendon Goddard
Nick Dal Santo
Leigh Montagna

I find it hard to go past Rooey. Absolute superstar. Over to you.

1. Riewoldt - Just a jet, best running key forward the game has seen.

2. Goddard - All equal for me, Goddard at his best(9/10) was close the the best player in the comp, his kicking is and always has been just about the best out of all the elite players in the comp

2. Hayes - Leading tackler in the history of the game, big game player, smooth mover and someone who's effort never wavered. Champion.

2. Dal Santo - So unbelievably underrated over his whole career, I remeber when Pendles was coming through they said he had a lot of Dal Santo about him and that was just about the biggest rap you could get. Model of consistency for 10+ years.

5. Great player, never a champion though. A bit behind the other three mids.

riewoldt , hayes , ..........................................................................................................................................................

I'm gonna think outside the box here. #ilovelenny followed by Roo, Dal, Goddard and Joey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Riewoldt. Easily the best player on their list.

1. Riewoldt one of the best players I have seen and a damn fine footballer
  2. Hayes - Hard tough and a great leader
  3. Goddard - At his best he was simply brilliant and is still playing good footy
  4. Dal Santo - Classy and good to watch.
  5. Montagna - Started out slower then the rest but he could still be playing in a few years so his book is still not fully written yet.
How the saints did not win a flag with their group I do not know
We went against one of the best teams in VFL/AFL history and got unlucky in 2010.

s**t happens I guess.

1. Riewoldt
2. Hayes
3. Goddard
4. Dal Santo
5. Montagna

Voted for Riewoldt, but it's easy to forget how good Goddard was back in 2010 when he averaged 131 in supercoach (more than Ablett and Swan).

1. Riewoldt
2. Goddard
3. Hayes
4. Dal Santo
5. Montagna

Incidentally, if Montagna and Dal Santo are in the mix then Milne should be as well. The guy kicked 574 goals over a 12 year career as a small forward.

I wondered what Montagna was doing on that list, such a large gap b/w him and the rest his name was surely just making up the numbers. If anyone I've put Luke Balls name ahead of his.

Back