Teams Los Angeles Rams - The Rammers

Remove this Banner Ad

I am still fuming at the call against Cook just prior to the two minute warning in the first half ... pathetic call potentially cost us score and lead to 49ers td due to Jenkins ineptitude ... really liked Davis's first half ... We are missing Long big time , our defense has been so poor this season .. Sameoldrams.

lolrams.0.gif

Didn't see the game myself, but sounds like I didn't want too. Was hyped up about today, especially after last week.

Reports also coming out that Jake Long has torn his ACL once again. So Greg Robinson, your time for LT is up.

Didn't see the game myself, but sounds like I didn't want too. Was hyped up about today, especially after last week.

Reports also coming out that Jake Long has torn his ACL once again. So Greg Robinson, your time for LT is up.

Yes confirmed Jake Long has done his ACL ... Brian Quick is also out for the season ... just a standard Ram season really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crazy to think that we more then doubled our total sack count for the year in one game. This win is on the defence for sure.

Seriously though, what the hell was Tavon Austin thinking at the end of the first half. What a boneheaded move!

Glad we got a win though, hopefully we can come out an shock Arizona next week!

Was funny seeing this one, because I actually had a similar feeling at about half time today.

I'd be interesting to see how much better, if better at all, we'd be if Sam was out there.

I don't think we would be any different position with Sam .

Defense was heroic today but offense made some good plays and we got the job done. Great to have wins v Seahawks and now niners.

Well done Rams !!!!

I think we'd have a winning record with Bradford. Would've got us across the line in the cowboys and eagles game. Davis had a wide open Kendricks who would've taken it in for a TD on the last third down but he threw it away which set up the 49ers last drive (Although I still think we should've sent Mason up the middle for the 1 yd, not a play action pass)

I am a Bradford fanboy though and am a Sooners fan so I'm still hoping they keep him on the roster next year but with his salary hit can see it's probably a better option to get rid of him and hit up the draft.

St. Louis to try to keep Rams, but it could be too late
Posted by Mike Florio on November 5, 2014, 7:06 AM EST
s-kroenke.jpg
AP
In a move that could be coming way too late, could end up being way too little, but ultimately could be just enough to create the impression that an effort was made, the powers-that-be in St. Louis soon will try to figure out how to persuade the Rams from exercising their contractual right to put Missouri in the rear-view mirror.

According to Ken Belson of the New York Times, Missouri Governor Jay Nixon is expected to appoint a task force this week that will be directed to work with the Rams, politicians, and business leaders to conjure a plan for keeping the Rams in town.

Public funding will be the main issue, as it always seems to be. As Belson points out, Missouri law currently requires a public referendum before any taxpayer money is devoted to a sports stadium. Given the current national climate on that topic, any private money devoted to the effort to persuade voters to approve the use of public money ultimately would be better devoted to the budget for building the new facility.

Complicating matters, as Belson points out, is the notoriously stubborn refusal of owner Stan Kroenke to say anything. The man who owns four major sports franchises (the Rams, the NBA’s Denver Nuggets, the NHL’s Colorado Avalance, and Arsenal of the Premier League) not only avoids the spotlight but abhors it. Thus, while Kroenke is a Missouri native who likely would be disowned if he moves the Rams to L.A., his silence has created plenty of consternation about his intentions.

Further complicating matters is the fact that team COO Kevin Demoff has left the door wide open for a relocation. Per Belson, Demoff said in a recent radio interview that no decision has been made on whether the team will move. But Demoff explained that a “global solution” on the team’s stadium will be needed to keep the team in Missouri.

“I think our focus is on, you know, playing through the rest of the lease and seeing how things play out,” Demoff said. With a lease that now expires after each and every NFL season, things will be playing out, quickly.

Indeed, the window for annual relocation efforts opens not long after the regular season ends. If the Rams are going to try to go to Los Angeles in 2015, the clock is ticking as to the team’s effort to line up enough votes and secure a temporary home. Which means that the clock is also ticking on St. Louis to find a new permanent home for the team.

Which means that any efforts starting now to keep the Rams in town will be aimed at ensuring that the blame is directed to Kroenke for leaving and not to the folks who hold elected office for failing to do enough to keep the team. With a public vote required before any public money could be used to build a new stadium, it’s safe to say that the Rams will soon be crossing the Rubicon — if they haven’t already done so privately.

Both of the used to post here on this board. Especially Steve. sjsdu

.. so biased , whilst I don't agree with a lot of what he says I do enjoy the listen ... it is usually the only time we get to hear american sport on the radio here .

Sack-04.gif

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back