Analysis Stadium deals - what, how, when - why we need a new one and the SA footy paradigm shift happening

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers for that Wookie. Went to the members benefits page went down looking for the link to annual report like the old website but missed the members membership publications link at the top of the page and nothing came up on google search. Why do web designers when they change website make things harder to find compared to the old one?

Last edited:
Cheers for that Wookie. Went to the members benefits page went down looking for the link to annual report like the old website but missed the members membership publications link at the top of the page and nothing came up on google search. Why do web designers when they change website make things harder to find compared to the old one?

What are you seeing here REH? The Oval generated $54 million in revenue last year? The SANFL and SACA are guaranteed $15.2 mill between them but there appears to be a lot of cream they are also skimming?

What are you seeing here REH? The Oval generated $54 million in revenue last year? The SANFL and SACA are guaranteed $15.2 mill between them but there appears to be a lot of cream they are also skimming?
The Oval generated $54mil for the AOSMA but there is another
1. $9.27mil collected from Stadium Club mebership fees and the 32x18 people Superboxes which the SANFL got $6.73mil and the SACA $2.54mil and
2. $3.78mil for AOSMA Footy Membership which went to the SANFL which is not included in the $54mil
3. And the SACA membership fees isnt included above.

Yep its the expenses where the devil in the details.

The Oval generated $54mil for the AOSMA but there is another
1. $9.27mil collected from Stadium Club mebership fees and the 32x18 people Superboxes which the SANFL got $6.73mil and the SACA $2.54mil and
2. $3.78mil for AOSMA Footy Membership which went to the SANFL which is not included in the $54mil
3. And the SACA membership fees isnt included above.

Yep its the expenses where the devil in the details.

lol

The lol you reply with when you/us/I are NOT in lol mood.
I wish we had hounded Olsen thru the courts in the 90's so convicted could by added to his name.
He deserved it the smarmy flog.
Roll on the 2017 review when we and our neighbours will be even more united.

Drove past karparkistan the other day and noticed the pegs for subdivision were up. Then I thought to myself that the karparkis are training inside the stadium behind closed doors. I hope we are not paying for the privilege of them doing that.

The word is that we can't make profit, staggering with our attendances.

Kochie is demanding a profit so I guess we will be capitalising as much as we can to get over the line.

Sad, that SANFL are winners financially from AO and we are still scraping the barrel

The word is that we can't make profit, staggering with our attendances.

Kochie is demanding a profit so I guess we will be capitalising as much as we can to get over the line.

Sad, that SANFL are winners financially from AO and we are still scraping the barrel

"The word is" from who?

We should be profiting $1million at minimum right now. Anything less would be disastrous when we inevitable cycle out of contention.
Nup we're here for the long run. Admin will be matched by performance. Gunna happen 2016 bookmark it.
Bassett the asset down back with big dix up front. Ken on drums setting the tempo and the beat.
Burgo pulling the strings. It's gunna happen. Us loud n proud to get'em there.
We are one
we are Port Adelaide

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see us making a profit of a pie and coke. SANFL are the real winners.
Gone are the days when crowd numbers related to profits. Well they still do but are only a part of the equation.

Gone are the days when crowd numbers related to profits. Well they still do but are only a part of the equation.

Pretty hard to make money when your core business of putting on football matches is 'only a part of the equation'. We are cash cows.

Pretty hard to make money when your core business of putting on football matches is 'only a part of the equation'. We are cash cows.
Sponsorship and membership are the top dogs nowadays.

We know what happened when we couldn't get sponsors and had few members a couple of years back. The rest is cream on the cake.

Attendance relies on members that have already paid us turning up, plus around 8,000 SMA members that pay the SMA/SANFL and only a minor token amount to us.
Nowadays there are very few spectators that pay at the gate.

Having said that, the number of spectators does make a big difference to those in charge of catering etc.

Having said that, the number of spectators does make a big difference to those in charge of catering etc.

I imagine crowd figures have an impact on match day sponsorship as well, even if it is small potatoes next to the coast to coast broadcast of a logo on the guernsey.

I imagine crowd figures have an impact on match day sponsorship as well, even if it is small potatoes next to the coast to coast broadcast of a logo on the guernsey.
Sure would. As would time slots /prime time TV exposure. Eddie played that card perfectly when he first became president of Collingwood and they were in trouble on and off the field. :thumbsu:

The previous post was more to do with direct income from gate takings. That is the bit that has changed over the years.

Yes, but there is plenty of overlap with Guernsey sponsors being plastered on the signage inside the ground as well... The more they pay, the more exposure they will expect and get!

Sponsorship and membership are the top dogs nowadays.

We know what happened when we couldn't get sponsors and had few members a couple of years back. The rest is cream on the cake.

Attendance relies on members that have already paid us turning up, plus around 8,000 SMA members that pay the SMA/SANFL and only a minor token amount to us.
Nowadays there are very few spectators that pay at the gate.

Agree but that sounds so silly. We are effectively in the entertainment industry and the product we are selling is putting on games of football. Yet we are forced to focus on collecting membership fees as though we are a bowls club or sponsorship as though we are one big advertising billboard. Look at how most of the big European soccer clubs make money. They have clean stadiums and make a killing on match day. Unfortunately in AFL there are too many other organisations with a finger in the pie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back