Analysis Stadium deals - what, how, when - why we need a new one and the SA footy paradigm shift happening

Remove this Banner Ad

Let
Craig Cook: The Adelaide Crows have assumed the mantle of AFL basketcase Port Adelaide used to wear

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/cr...ide-used-to-wear/story-fndv862c-1226984768025

Surely there is no way Haysman will be a candidate for the crows CEO job!
Let's roll with it, he is a mad mad Crows supporter after all. His dad is rabid and is still living off all the commissions he made from the AMP, make me rich and my customer poor days. He did pull off some major sponsorship stuff for us, they just didn't pay their bills. The coach appointment was another notch as well

He was sacrificed no doubt but KT would love to see Haysie get the job, we should help lobby for his dream job as being a sales rep would not be fun

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-under-adelaide-oval-deal-20140710-zt3a3.html

Former Etihad Stadium boss Ian Collins advised Port Adelaide against signing the contentious Adelaide Oval agreement, warning chairman David Koch that the club would be broke within three seasons under the deal it was being offered.

The animosity of the SANFL against Port Adelaide is breathtaking. What a mob of A-holes, led by that "crook" Olsen - nil credibility.

The animosity of the SANFL against Port Adelaide is breathtaking. What a mob of A-holes, led by that "crook" Olsen - nil credibility.
Everything Olsen touches turns to s**t for everyone except him and his cronies. I've never liked him since he stabbed Dean Brown in the back and turned SA from having a moderate Lib leader to one all about 'me me me'. And his reward for turning an almost certain 3 or 4 term Lib run in SA into much less is to get a jobs for the boys one to line the pockets some more. F-me. Only in SA.

I think that is a little overly arrogant. There needs to be teams to defeat etc etc

Porthos "Burning down the SANFL is the best thing."

Good mentality that, that's what led to Fitrory's demise that sort of attitude.

I would rather look at it as the thinking of the SANFl and it's supporters need to be retrained :) There is no point us hating the SANFL or the SANFL purists hating us. Considering they are pillaging the Crows also it's not just us.

It's all about everyone saying hey lets get this going properly so we all achieve success, unity is working well over in WA from what I can see.
How's that going, Rick?

I have posted this before but this from page 2 and 3 of the directors report and pages 72 and 73 of the full SACA 2012/13 Annual Report at

http://www.cricketsa.com.au/library/09-040913SACA_Annual_Report_2012-13Final.pdf

and gives you an idea how the SANFL will be making monies from the Oval. They collected all the revenue from 8,000 AOSMA footy members and would you would expect them to get the same catering rights commission the SACA get during cricket seson deemed by legislation to be 8th October to 14th March inclusive. The SACA is up to about 27,000 members at about $320 as their 100% revenue stream + distributions from Cricket Australia and ticket sales. It will be interesting to see what they get and the SANFL get when the SMA accounts are published by the Auditor General mid October.

Significant changes in state of affairs
The Adelaide Oval SMA Ltd

As a result of entering into legally binding agreements with the Adelaide Oval SMA Limited (SMA), the
Government of South Australia and the South Australian National Football League in the previous financial
year, the Association closed its catering business in March 2013, immediately prior to the commencement of
redevelopment works to the western grandstand. Catering services will be provided by the SMA upon the
reopening of the western grandstand.

Likely developments

Due to the ongoing redevelopment work at Adelaide Oval during the 2013/14 cricket season, the Association
expects a reduction to venue management activities as a result of the handover of these activities to the SMA.

During this period, as the SMA prepares for commercial and operational opportunities at Adelaide Oval, the
Association will:

• Continue to offer cricket membership for cricket access to Adelaide Oval;

• Enter into an agreement for the SMA to manage and maintain Adelaide Oval during the 2013/14
cricket season until the longer term legal agreements take effect, post practical completion of the
redevelopment.

As a result of the closure of its catering business the Association will no longer enjoy gross revenue and
expenses from this operation. However, the Association expects to receive a catering commission as a result
of its entitlements to SMA conducting this activity on the Association’s behalf

Heard Adelaide scribbler Rucci on Melbourne SEN 1116 saying the Fairfax report related to an earlier management proposal NOT what was signed - suggested both clubs worked to improve their returns in the final agreement.

the Monday before the showdown in Rd 2 the 2 AFL clubs were given 13 documents to read and approve within 36 hours as part of the whole hand back of licence, play in the SANFL, stadium deal and final lice fee payments. I spoke to the Port lawyer who had 36 hours to proof the documents a week after the showdown - I played footy with him and we spoke at a footy club old boys function - and he said that a FINAL lease had not been signed but an in principle agreement had been signed and with a review to happen in July and the final 20 year lease will be signed once that's all squared off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what Caro said on Footy Classified last night is that once Chapman and Kochie see the actual figures their heads might explode with rage.

From what Caro said on Footy Classified last night is that once Chapman and Kochie see the actual figures their heads might explode with rage.

Why do you reckon they haven't released the final match returns from the first showdown and early games. The SMANFL dont want to get publicly embarrassed as to how greedy they are.

Are there footy claasified links?

Chapman was good at having a go at Craig Cook re his crows article last week, but probably no good at having a go at the SANFL.

Last edited:

GUEST_11328139157_1340593278.gif

What is this nonsense about Port and the Crows being insulated from the financial hit of poor attendance when we're paying down all expenses?

The only thing I can thing of was that at Footy park there was probably some clause about poor catering revenue with small crowds and having to cover that short fall as well as normal match day costs. If its not that then I have no idea.

Last edited:
Why do you reckon they haven't released the final match returns from the first showdown and early games. The SMANFL dont want to get publicly embarrassed as to how greedy they are.

But, but, but both clubs have received everything they've asked for....

Yep. Precisely why the inflated traffic management fee was very quickly deflated.
They don't want anyone getting a peek at the books.

Chapman was good at having a go at Craig Cook re his crows article last week, but probably no good at having a go at the SANFL.

Craig Cook got him so angry he hilariously referred to the "Half Glass Full types".

Yep. Precisely why the inflated traffic management fee was very quickly deflated.
They don't want anyone getting a peek at the books.

The game that puts bums on seats, fills sponsors boxes in Aus is AFL footy - Adelaide, Brissy, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, the Coast, Geelong ... Stadiums nationally need AFL footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back