News Stadium: The NEW Home of Football in WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Would take a ferry 90 minutes to go from Perth to Fremantle. It'll never me a legitimate travel option to carry mass numbers of people to the new Stadium.

Leftbank to Burswood 45 min tops even with speed restrictions. Great idea. Reckon all Rotto Ferries would be keen to sell tickets (even if limited ) as evenings would think ferries are docked and not used.

The Rottnest Express website shows 75 minutes between Barrack St & Rous Head. Same for Captain Cook. This is basically a scenic cruise, but not sure any ferry would be able to go much quicker, as they have to adhere to speed limits on the river. An express ferry from Freo to Burswood could very well take 90 minutes, as suggested by someone. I doubt you could do it in 30-45 minutes. And the return trip would cost about $40-$50 for an adult, an added expense that people might want to avoid.

How did you arrive at that figure? 30 mins at most.

Ah, you must be a jet skier !!!!.

There are speed limits on the river, through Perth Water and East Freo.

The Causeway was built to stop "gin palace" boats polluting the Upper Swan !!!!.

"Shanksus Pony" will be used by me alot to get to the new stadium.

The Swan River is more of an estuary than a river as such.... It's shallow and I'm guessing it's difficult to safely navigate at any great pace.

That being said, I hope in time we can overcome these problems and utilise this resource for travel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Swan River is more of an estuary than a river as such.... It's shallow and I'm guessing it's difficult to safely navigate at any great pace.

That being said, I hope in time we can overcome these problems and utilise this resource for travel.

The rotto ferries on certain parts of the river open the throttle.

Ferries that produce low wakes would be optimal.

Small Update.

Spoke to one of the lead guys on the project from our side this morning and he said the pile driving is proceeding nicely. The detailed designs are moving ahead very well.

I asked him for a snippet and he talked about the female toilets. The Building Design Standard for Australia dictates that there be one toilet (sit down bowl) for every 70 females. unfortunately Subi oval never complied with this and hence there are problems there. There are only 200 female toilets at Subi.

The NPS will have 700 female toilets at a predicted ratio of 1 per every 35 females.

Should make the ladies of Perth much happier.
I don't know if you should believe what this guy was saying as he was clearly talking the piss.

Has anyone ever noticed women using mens toilets in any other stadium than Subi, i was gobsmacked when i first noticed it, i just assumed someone had walked into the mens by accident, but it does seem to make common sense after awhile for the girls.

Perth has tried ferries in the river numerous times when the public has called for it but once implemented not enough people catch them to make them viable so they disband them after 6 months or so.

We're addicted to cars in Perth.

A ferry from Freo to the new ground would make sense, the city or parts of it are a fair walk from the ferry terminal, but you would think a ferry terminal at the ground would be very close.

I could actually see ferries working at the new ground

A ferry from Freo to the new ground would make sense, the city or parts of it are a fair walk from the ferry terminal, but you would think a ferry terminal at the ground would be very close.

I could actually see ferries working at the new ground

I reckon after your first trip of about 90 minutes you'd just say * that and get the train instead next game. The ferry has novelty appeal but that's about it.

Interesting comment from Colin on the radio tonight that the stadium is built to be able to expand by an extra 20,000 seats. 80,000 capacity would be epic if it ever got to that.

I reckon after your first trip of about 90 minutes you'd just say **** that and get the train instead next game. The ferry has novelty appeal but that's about it.

Interesting comment from Colin on the radio tonight that the stadium is built to be able to expand by an extra 20,000 seats. 80,000 capacity would be epic if it ever got to that.

I would be very suprised if it ever got to that, i pretty sure that both clubs wan't less, makes there membership more valuable.

I would have thought a Ferry ride from South Perth, Freo, Canning would all take less than 90 minutes, perhaps if you are coming from Rottnest

I wouldn't have thought a ferry ride would be suitable for a huge amount of people, but i would have thought enough to make it viable at different times and only because the stadium seems pretty close to the river.

I would be very suprised if it ever got to that, i pretty sure that both clubs wan't less, makes there membership more valuable.

The new stadium was set to be 80k right from the get go if Australia won the rights to the FIFA world cup. It'll only be expanded for our next big global event, whether a FIFA world cup or Commonwealth or Olympic games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back