STAND TALL - 2015 Membership Final Figure - 13,480

Remove this Banner Ad

My wife and I took our daughters aged 27 and 25 to Spotless for the first time on Saturday to sit with us in the Members stand on the free extra ticket offer we get, they are Saints members and fans of the game.

Excellent spend by the club, as of this morning they are also Ultimate Giant members and ticketholders for those same two seats.

Time to work on my brother & his family..

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
My wife and I took our daughters aged 27 and 25 to Spotless for the first time on Saturday to sit with us in the Members stand on the free extra ticket offer we get, they are Saints members and fans of the game.

Excellent spend by the club, as of this morning they are also Ultimate Giant members and ticketholders for those same two seats.

Time to work on my brother & his family..

It's amazing what winning can do. That's a great story mate. Well done

When the boys are winning they are amazing to watch

It's amazing what winning can do. That's a great story mate. Well done

When the boys are winning they are amazing to watch

They have been reluctant to come with us, I brought them up properly, their colour scheme has been red white and black since birth, but as we were walking out my wife pointed to the group of people around the membership marquee just inside the gate and told them if they wanted that experience again, and more than once a year, they had better sign up Monday or the seats would be gone.
Wasn't convinced they would but glad they have, it's the beginning of a new family tradition.

As long as the boys play with effort they will keep winning new fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
I honestly thought the crowd would be bigger yesterday. I'm pretty sure it was bigger last year for Adelaide. I know I can't talk as I was in Melbourne. (The the WC v StK game watching the giants game on my phone haha) but the Sydney market really is a funny one. This happens in NRL too. Just very hard to work out. Not only is the team winning, but they are bloody exciting to watch

May 24, 2014
Canberra Region
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Ricciardo#3, Sydney Thunder
I honestly thought the crowd would be bigger yesterday. I'm pretty sure it was bigger last year for Adelaide. I know I can't talk as I was in Melbourne. (The the WC v StK game watching the giants game on my phone haha) but the Sydney market really is a funny one. This happens in NRL too. Just very hard to work out. Not only is the team winning, but they are bloody exciting to watch
A big factor is the early Saturday time slot. Three or four families with young kids rocked in late. They were the ones who could be bothered with the rush of going from junior sport to home to the game. Did anyone notice a few WSW shirts on some of the kids running around?

I think the entertainment choice played apart there. Justice Crew would mean kids wanting their parents to bring them, Shannon Noll mostly just brought wtf

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
Track work between penrith and Blacktown never helps either.

I was surprised by the size of the crowd. Thought it would be a little bigger, but a change over previous years was that there was a far smaller proportion of Adelaide jumpers and a far bigger one of orange jumpers in the crowd than on previous occasions.

Overall crowd was down. Orange crowd was up.

Apr 30, 2011
Wollongong
AFL Club
GWS

last year against the crows we had a crowd of 8,383 and yesterday we had 9,481 - so just a slight improvement on last year but hopefully as the year goes on and people see that we are more likely to win then not we will get no worse then 10,000 and have the odd 15,000 crowds against the likes of the bombers and the swans.

Last edited:
Just on the game day entertainment, which is designed to entice, not many will be enticed back by it if they keep the volume of the acts below that which the stadium announcer has. If we are going to do it it's important to get it right, R6 we could barely hear the music in the members stand, yesterday Noll was background at best.

Drezdyn

All Australian
Mar 28, 2012
Western Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
All Northern alliance teams
Just on the game day entertainment, which is designed to entice, not many will be enticed back by it if they keep the volume of the acts below that which the stadium announcer has. If we are going to do it it's important to get it right, R6 we could barely hear the music in the members stand, yesterday Noll was background at best.
I think there's something wrong with the sound system speakers for the live acts in the members area. Can barely hear the act. I wandered out to the merchandise stall near the front gates and I could hear him fine.

I think there's something wrong with the sound system speakers for the live acts in the members area. Can barely hear the act. I wandered out to the merchandise stall near the front gates and I could hear him fine.

lol, maybe they are just doing us members a favour then

Remove this Banner Ad

Back