Multiplat Star Wars Battlefront - Launched 19 Nov

Remove this Banner Ad

Battlestar Galactica

I guess I just had a preconceived idea of Star Wars being "too old" and that the special effects from back then wouldn't be that great. I dunno, anyway I have now decided I'll watch them all and I'm thinking I'll start from ep1, even though I know a lot of people wouldn't recommend watching that way.

Probably a bit too late for this, but the best order to watch it in for the first time is 4,5,2,3,6. Then watch 1. If you really feel that you need to :p

Story mode.
Tons more maps.
Tons more vehicles.

Theres less with this game than the old battlefront and battlefront 2.
Doesn't seem to be something that is hard to fix, though. I imagine more maps will come out at any rate. Story mode I don't think is a must. More vehicles would be good - the Endor speeder thing is useless mostly. A big ground war with more vehicles on an open map would be grouse.

Doesn't seem to be something that is hard to fix, though. I imagine more maps will come out at any rate. Story mode I don't think is a must. More vehicles would be good - the Endor speeder thing is useless mostly. A big ground war with more vehicles on an open map would be grouse.

100% they will release maps and vehicles in dlc. Thatll cost over 20 bucks a pop.

But when you think how many vehicles and maps were in the originals. Its a kick to the teeth.

Yea lack of maps in the base game is dissapointing and one of the main reasons i cant have huge sessions with it, but its still fun in bursts imo. I think a bit more variety in guns and being able to upgrade certain s**t would help.

Is there really that big a lack of maps, there are at least 4 for most game modes.

I'd have liked to see non-Stormtrooper Imperials i.e. Imperial Army troops ect and non-Soldier Rebels i.e. Downed Pilots ect.

All the core FPS game modes seem to be there - Supremacy, Capture the Flag (Cargo), Team Deathmatch (Blast) plus more unique modes like Fighter Squadron, Hero vs Villians, Hero Hunt, Walker Assault, Turning Point, Droid Run and Drop Zone ect.

It'll get better as I can see tons of DLC for this game.

Won't be the last Battlefront either, the original ones on the Xbox and PS2 were awesome and this one isn't quite at that level, but hopefully it reaches it and goes further.

I'm having lots of fun but really, it's 2015 now and we have the Xbox one, PS4 and powerful PC's, games these days should s**t all over ones released 10 years ago.

Have not played for a week or 2. Was away. Been on fallout and gauntlet a bit today.
I haven't played much either. Today was my first online game. Had only done the tutorial before today. Seems like a fun game, but would be better to play with people I can comminicate with. :)

Got my first milenium falcon today!
Battle of Jakuu to top it off.
So while evading i pressed the up button which basically replicates the scene from the trailer.

Led to my 2nd game without a death in fighter squadron and my 3rd 20 kill battle (1st with both)

Now I just need Slave 1 to see what that's like.

Starting to hate supremecy more and more
Hating c***s who go for the kills not the objectives.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way Walker Assault has been changed just makes it far to easy for the Rebellion..... Can't remember the last game i played where the Enpire defended the walkers....The spawns make it near impossible to shut down the links after the rebels have activated them.... grr

The way Walker Assault has been changed just makes it far to easy for the Rebellion..... Can't remember the last game i played where the Enpire defended the walkers....The spawns make it near impossible to shut down the links after the rebels have activated them.... grr
I'm winning probably 50% of the time with the empire by simply getting within 60 metres of a link, jet packing to get right next to it, then deploying my personal shield and then deactivating the link while my shield is running. They normally activate it again soon after, but just rinse and repeat and you can stop the link/s being active for long enough for them to get another y-wing locked in.

Also, when the y-wings are attacking the walkers, get as close to where the enemy is spawning by jet packing and then use scan pulse to reveal where all the enemies are for all your teammates to see and kill.

These tactics work very well to help your team to win but you may not get a lot of kills and you may die a lot too. Still, you get a ton of points for playing the objective... I just wish more people would use this tactic on my team so i wasn't the only one doing it.

Last edited:
I see heaps of walker empire wins? Must be just the people you are put in games with?

I was right this is just like Titanfall, nicely paced good servers/weapons. Just gets old quickly
I had tons of trouble getting on servers in Titanfall. PC though when it is a console game, so they keep you away from the kiddies blundering around on controllers.

I had tons of trouble getting on servers in Titanfall. PC though when it is a console game, so they keep you away from the kiddies blundering around on controllers.

Xbox ran it on Azure, was pretty much the best MP exp lag wise I've had

Remove this Banner Ad

Back