Multiplat Star Wars Battlefront - Launched 19 Nov

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure is a shallow game. Bit of fun though.
Its not a longevity game but fun nonetheless. Main reason to buy it was to introduce young-un to first person shooters and mission accomplished.

Definitely doesn't suit binge gamers - can happily play an hour and then turn the console off.

They've definitely replicated the films very well.

Having played it a few hours, it's a really poor game. Probably going to take it back. There's just nothing in there. 10(?) years ago in Battlefront 1 they had a story campaign then a heap of other single player things you could do as well, besides random battles. And about 15-20(?) maps. Now, in 2015, you get nothing even resembling a campaign and 4 (FOUR) maps. Pathetic by EA.
OK seeya.

Its not a longevity game but fun nonetheless. Main reason to buy it was to introduce young-un to first person shooters and mission accomplished.

Definitely doesn't suit binge gamers - can happily play an hour and then turn the console off.
I think this is one of the better parts of it. Jump in, Jump out. That said it hasn't stopped me playing it for hours on end.

I'd love a medic class so you can revive and make a push instead of the endless streaming across the battlefield but it's just not that sort of game I guess.

Having an absolute blast.

4 maps is a let down but i can't get enough of the actual game play. Supremacy and walker assault is where its at. Never care much for campaigns or single player modes on these type of games (with MP being the focus) so that doesn't bother me at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also you should be able to shoot ewoks.
The jawa's always startle me when they run under their sandcrawler. We should be able to shoot them too.

4 maps is a let down but i can't get enough of the actual game play. Supremacy and walker assault is where its at. Never care much for campaigns or single player modes on these type of games (with MP being the focus) so that doesn't bother me at all.
Supremacy is probably my favourite. Great fun.

Lot of these reactions are over the top. I've been playing it solidly all weekend and perhaps I'm still in the honeymoon phase but it is very fun. The maps are huge, beautiful and lots of different combat can take place in them.

It is very annoying that there are only 4 maps. They'll then charge us the price of the game again for more.

But ultimately the game is bloody fun and because of that I'm so disappointed that I've only spent half of what there is to pay for the game.

I'm enjoying the game. I've just hit level 11 and I've enjoyed every minute of it. I still haven't tried all the game modes yet. I think I have around 3 more left. But Supremacy is definitely my favourite.

So is it worth getting? Not sure I'd be happy paying more than $50 for it but I do love SW.

Its good fun mate. Sure, its not as deep as bf4, but its still a blast running around shooting lasers everywhere. The x-wing vs tie fighter mode is also surprisingly fun. Just get it at eb, price match, then take it back if you don't like it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back