Multiplat Star Wars Battlefront - Launched 19 Nov

Remove this Banner Ad

As others have mentioned, if you're a Star Wars fan its a lot of fun, just don't expect much depth or longevity. Take away the license and it would be a very mediocre game

I like that it's not as deep as other shooters, dont feel locked in to the endless xp and unlock grind. Like all the maps and there's some cool variations of those in some of the other modes.

Just pure fun and a game you can quickly jump in and jump out of at your leasure and not laggy like Black Ops 3.

Got it on Sunday. Did like how as it installed you got to play as Vader chopping up rebels.

The game itself is not that far removed from the Beta, though they've made walker assault easier for the rebels which is good.

Fun game but I can see myself, like with Titanfall getting over it quick.

Got it on Sunday. Did like how as it installed you got to play as Vader chopping up rebels.

The game itself is not that far removed from the Beta, though they've made walker assault easier for the rebels which is good.

Fun game but I can see myself, like with Titanfall getting over it quick.
Definitely has a titanfall vibe to it. Hopefully stays populated a bit longer. Would imagine just being star wars that it will.

When I initially read about how little content there was I was annoyed but figured I simply wouldn't get the game.

Now I have the game and realise that it's very fun, I'm MORE annoyed since I'll inevitably have to end up paying for DLC which is probably already on the disc :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait, really??

I thought there was a video posted of space battles? Unless it was ships fighting in the snow?

Yes, no space. There are modes with purely ship to ship combat, as well as the main modes which have largely ground combat and some ships from time to time.

Honestly it's more of a visual thing, as ship to ship combat in space would just be the same as flying over the ground except without boundaries, although the game would still impose some artificial boundaries to keep you on the map. It's a tad disappointing, and I'd have loved some Death Star settings, but it's not the end of the world.

Just wait for it to come out as DLC though...

Wait, really??

I thought there was a video posted of space battles? Unless it was ships fighting in the snow?

Air superiority in the atmosphere is all it is now.

Not like the old capital ships facing off and being able to land marines on the enemy ship etc.

I've been loving the jetpack + impact grenade + shotgun combo. As soon as someone starts firing at you, you launch yourself in the air and throw a grenade on top of their head, clean up with blast if they're still alive.

Works perfectly until you cop a bit of rubberbanding and end up grenading yourself midair while your body spirals away with the jetpack still going.

Hilarious either way.

There just isn't enough modes with 20+ players, or enough maps for the 40 player modes.

Still great fun, but seriously needs something quick, some DLC, anything, to add to it.

Also, has anyone else unlocked the special ability where you run around a corner immediately after spawning, straight in to the other teams hero? I'm perfect at it.

There just isn't enough modes with 20+ players, or enough maps for the 40 player modes.

Still great fun, but seriously needs something quick, some DLC, anything, to add to it.

Also, has anyone else unlocked the special ability where you run around a corner immediately after spawning, straight in to the other teams hero? I'm perfect at it.

It's coming, at a total cost of the original game price again. What a joke.

Sad thing is that the game is really fun and I'll probably buy it.

You can buy it as separate dlc packs. I will probably buy 1 maybe 2 depending in release dates but not a chance I'm buying the season pass.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back