Movie Star Wars: The Force Awakens - No spoilers allowed

Remove this Banner Ad

The first set of the originals I had were VHS copies ripped from the video store copies man I'm old!

Same. The old two VCRs connected together trick.

Then have lost count at the amount of releases of the original trilogy trying to milk money from us. 4:3 version. Widescreen version. THX version. Special Edition.

And then came the DVDs.

Anyone seen the leaked photos? That along with the creature in the JJ Abrams competition video give me hope that they are going to drop the CGI heavy stuff and go with a more organic approach this time.

Very cute

hpkm8qoxwqmphll5oows.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harrison Ford has broken his ankle in an accident with the Millennium Falcon's door, he will not take part
in filming for 8 weeks. It won't delay the release date though.:thumbsu:

Harrison Ford back on set yet? Anyone have anything new?

Yep. All rumours of course.

From: http://www.starwars7news.com/2014/0...-review-a-writers-roundtable-part-3-of-3.html
Another day, another batch of Star Wars: Episode 7 rumors, this time from Making Star Wars (although with a fairly strong caveat as to the relatively uncorroborated nature of the rumors.) POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD…

Making Star Wars is reporting that they have received a batch of new Episode 7 rumors from a source who claims to have been involved with the production. The rumors are preceded by the following disclaimer:

I was not able to verify the source, but another source of ours has heard a few things in this report. So I’m sharing. Rather than think about it for a week, I figured I would just share.

So, while nobody is saying yet that these rumors are the real deal, I thought they were fun enough to pass along to you all.

Lukes Disappearance – The idea that Luke disappeared immediately after Endor isn’t entirely true. He had a good 10 to 20 years after Return Of The Jedi ended. When the movie starts he’s been missing for around 10 years.

As far as how long Luke has been missing, assuming that he actually is indeed missing, ten years sounds a lot more reasonable than thirty. (And actually, given the fact that Mark Hamill’s beard hasn’t exactly grown to Rip Van Winkle proportions, I tend to question even a ten-year imprisonment.)

Count Dooku Connection – Back when Benedict Cumberbatch was a rumored addition to the cast, a rumor was that his character was a descendant of Count Dooku. This was true. This connection was then moved onto Gwendoline Christies character.

A possible Count Dooku tie-in? Who knows? Both Benedict and Gwendoline can certainly pull off the “haughty noble” persona, but on the other hand, depending on how it’s handled, having Gwendoline’s character be related to Count Dooku could tend to draw us into a “Gee, what a small galaxy!” thing that might prove rather distracting, or it could end up being something more than just happenstance that links her character with the Skywalker clan.
LeiaJabba.jpg

Leia and the Hutt’s – There was a production sketch done very very early on which showed Princess Leia standing in the middle of several Hutts. She was wearing a maroon dress (political style) and was flanked by two soldiers (they looked to me like the Naboo guards from Phantom Menace but to others they looked like the rebel soldiers from the beginning of A New Hope.) The picture looked as if she was having a meeting with them. She certainly didn’t appear to be captive or under threat. I have no idea if this sketch has anything to do with the movie that is being shot as it was very early on.

I’m not sure exactly what to make of this one either. Given the fact that the Clone Wars cartoon is now considered canon alongside of the existing films, we do know that the Hutts have a Grand Council of their own, so it wouldn’t be at all beyond the pale for Leia to have some sort of meeting with them in whatever official diplomatic capacity she may hold in Episode 7, especially if there is some sort of underworld connection with whatever the new ST threat may be. One has to wonder, naturally, how she would be received by the Hutts, given the fact that Jabba died at her hand. But as the source of this rumor points out, this may be an early concept sketch that never made it into the final film.

Endor – Again, very early on, there were several sketches titled ‘after party’ which was a bit of an in-joke. These showed a second battle of Endor. The story being that after the rebels left Endor, Imperial forces and these new villains attacked. They killed many Ewoks and more importantly left with the remains of Darth Vader. Now, where I was working at the time, there was a lot going on and some of it wasn’t necessarily related to Episode VII but other Star Wars projects that will fill in the gaps between Episode VI and VII . I don’t think these scenes will appear in the movie but rather something set between movies.

This one sounds a lot to me like the preproduction artists may have just been having some fun. True, we have heard rumors that Vader’s burned armor may make an appearance in Episode 7, but also bear in mind that when news of the Puzzlewood shoot came out awhile back, our own sources indicated that there would be no Ewoks in the film. If this was indeed a sketch that was actually done by one of the LFL concept teams, I tend to agree with the idea that it was probably for something other than Episode 7.

George Lucas – George’s vision for the Sequel Trilogy was to take it right back to the beginning. Meaning, the beginning of the Jedi and Sith, how that came to be and how ancients forces were still influencing things. Luke was going to go on an adventure that would take him back to the origin of evil in the Galaxy. Some of these ideas have very much influenced the story.

This does tend to go along with the rumor that the movie could be called “The Ancient Fear”, and it also would explain what sort of unfinished business may have remained following the deaths of Vader and the Emperor in ROTJ. While battles against enemies such as neo-Imperial stormtroopers or space pirates would make for a good old fashioned Star Wars adventure, that alone doesn’t seem like a worthy threat for Luke Skywalker to take on. But if the source behind Emperor Palpatine’s power were to still exist and be experiencing a resurgence of some kind… that’d be rather fitting for Luke’s final challenge as a Jedi.

In addition to these story rumors, Making Star Wars also reports a rumor from a different source that indicates that Episode 7 may have been doing some filming in Buckinghamshire’s Black Park Country Park:

Today I was informed by a friend who visited Black Park Country Park in Buckinghamshire that Star Wars: Episode VII was filming there. On his tour his guide told him that the movie was being shot there, he also told me he saw “extremely large” blue screens there! He visited last week on Tuesday the 12th of August which for me is very interesting as after a bit of investigating I discovered a comment on Trip Advisor from somebody who visited the Country Park, within the comment it said “Star Wars VII is filming here”, that was posted about a month ago. So to me it seems they are using a local Country Park to shoot in. Could this be the Forest planet we’ve been hearing a lot about? Also a month or more of filming? I wonder if this planet will play a big part in the next chapter?

Black Park is no stranger to the film industry, with numerous movies and TV programs having filmed there over the years, including such franchises as Harry Potter, James Bond and Doctor Who. Could Star Wars be next on that list? Though we have nothing even close to official confirmation on this yet, I’d hardly call it beyond the realm of possibility.

And those, my friends, are the latest whisperings from the old Star Wars grapevine. As always, I wouldn’t go betting the kids’ college fund on any of these just yet, but I think that there are some interesting ideas here nonetheless.​

Based on some of the rumours floating around, it appears the movie will head in the following direction:

possible spoilers underneath

- the film will primarily be about the search for Luke Skywalker, who has been missing for a long period of time (maybe 30 years)
- he has probably been captured by Sith Infiltrators (people who are sympathetic to the Sith cause)
- the Jedi are still extinct and no new ones have been trained
- Han Solo is piloting a Star Destroyer
- the Millennium Falcon is owned by someone else
- There will be a missing lightsaber at the start of the film, that is found be two new young characters. The search to track down the owner (which we assume is Luke) leads these characters to Han Solo and Chewbacca, which then, eventually leads to Luke.
- apparently the main baddie is obsessed with all things Vader

inquisitor.png

Most of these things aren't confirmed, but they seem to be the general direction the movie is heading in.

Last edited:
Another interesting article. :)

For months, there have been reports of chromed Stormtroopers in J.J. Abrams' Star Wars: Episode VII, but those closest to the production have been extremely tight-lipped in regards to this new variant. But today, I was given an EXCLUSIVE glimpse of this new armor’s look:

chrome-trooper-star-wars-vii-first-look-star-wars-episode-vii-chrome-troopers-image-leaked.webp

The new Chrome Trooper
That looks badass, right? I'd been worried that the chrome armor was going to be a clear gimmick, but as it turns out this is the most imposing of the new Stormtrooper designs we've seen.

It's refreshing to see that he's not simply a shiny black metal version of the standard-issue Episode VII Stormtrooper. While the overall contours are again in line with the classic design, this helmet has clearly evolved on a different path - a nice balance between classic and a modern update.

Rather than squared tubes along the cheeks, the bottom of this helmet flares out into a fairly sharp-edged arc. Where those contours end at the front of the helmet, there does not appear to be an aerator or vent on either side.

Once again, we see the appearance of a connected band across the eyes. This is a complex shape, flaring downward at the cheeks and back up towards the temples at the ends.

There's a seam edge similar to the Episode VII TIE pilots and Forest/Snowtroopers along the mouth. If any of these faceplates are actually removed in the film, it will be interesting to see if they are a window to the character's face or an access panel for maintenance - the first images of the Stormtroopers also showed this.

stormtrooper-first-look-1-first-look-star-wars-episode-vii-chrome-troopers-image-leaked.webp

Seam for removable panel?
Fans of the original trilogy trooper design will be glad to see that this helmet appears to retain the classic proportions. It's wide, where the new white troopers have a surprisingly narrow face when seen from the front (in line with Ralph McQuarrie's design sketches for ANH). The Chrome Trooper also includes the classic Stormtrooper frown instead of a floating nose plate.

The Chrome Troopers do not actually wear a hood or covering in the film. The metal collar stands up from the torso armor and curves up on the sides before dipping down again at the back.

Here's another look, this one a little more battered:

screen-shot-2014-09-25-at-10-54-28-am-first-look-star-wars-episode-vii-chrome-troopers-image-leaked.webp

I'll never post rumors as genuine news or fact here, but I love nothing more than to speculate with you! Let's take a few leaps and try to guess how this guy may fit in: A couple sources have expressed that the Chrome Troopers are a private security force for Adam Driver's rumored villain character - think silver mercenary rent-a-cops rather than true Imperial Forces. While we've not heard this from anyone directly, the most persisent rumor about Driver is that he's a wealthy aristocrat with an interest in Sith artifacts. While this production seems eager to distance themselves from the prequel era, of all the films' props this design shares DNA most closely with the Naboo ships. The chrome finish and elegant curves fit in with that established aesthetic perfectly. Might JJ try to make lemonade out of lemons with Padme's home planet? Could our Sith-obsessed aristocrat hail from the same planet/society as Vader's wife? Or is this just a natural result of bringing the prequels' Doug Chiang back as a production designer?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back