Star Wars movie

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw it twice in the first week. My issue isn't with spoilers per se, it's the fact that people couldn't wait a week before posting them.

Wait so your issue is that people discussed the film while others that hadn't seen it, in a way that was masked by tags that the site has for the specific use of conveying spoilers in such a way they are not just seen by everyone.

IMHO if I post something in spoiler tags and someone who doesn't want to read spoilers clicks the tag and reads them it ain't my fault. Further to that if I want to discuss something while being sensitive that others may not have seen it and I want to be respectful of that placing them in spoiler tags is the right thing to do. Which was done largely successfully in this thread, TT not withstanding because as a mod the film was likely ruined for him, because reading everything is part of the job so to speak,

Wait so your issue is that people discussed the film while others that hadn't seen it, in a way that was masked by tags that the site has for the specific use of conveying spoilers in such a way they are not just seen by everyone.

IMHO if I post something in spoiler tags and someone who doesn't want to read spoilers clicks the tag and reads them it ain't my fault. Further to that if I want to discuss something while being sensitive that others may not have seen it and I want to be respectful of that placing them in spoiler tags is the right thing to do. Which was done largely successfully in this thread, TT not withstanding because as a mod the film was likely ruined for him, because reading everything is part of the job so to speak,

Hmmm..you make sense ...

"Broken clock" type scenario maybe..... ??? :D

...well DarwinRoo has the brazen bits up about it....hasn't been since...maybe he's on holidays with IUB....or maybe they are one of the same............

evil-hamster-o.gif

IschenkoUBeauty

TT not withstanding because as a mod the film was likely ruined for him, because reading everything is part of the job so to speak,

I took a punt that nobody was posting Roman orgy scenes from Caligula behind the spoiler tags until I'd seen the movie for myself, only ammending one post which was reported for a lack of spoiler tags.

Saw it NYE.

Saw it yesterday to keep me off the piss for a few hours. Thought the end was very underwhelming. Also - I wonder how much Aaron Hamill got paid for his role in the film...

Saw it yesterday to keep me off the piss for a few hours. Thought the end was very underwhelming. Also - I wonder how much Aaron Hamill got paid for his role in the film...

I thought the end was up lifting...had tears in my eyes...like when Duck lifted the Cup back in 99.

Same as a Kinder Garden Principal apparently who gets to go to USA....

Anonymous sources at Disney leaked information that Mark Hamill was paid a salary in the low-seven-figure range (between $1 million and $3 million) for his role in The Force Awakens.
Disney created a special "legacy pay scale" intended to pay actors from the prequels more than the new actors.
Hamill's salary is rumoured to increase in the next two films, as Luke Skywalker becomes a more prominent character in the story. He will probably also have an opportunity to renegotiate his contract if The Force Awakens continues to break records.
Note that this does not include so-called back-end bonuses, which will be rewarded to the actors now that the film has grossed over $1 billion. Once it releases in China, expect even more bonuses to be awarded.

Written Dec 29View Upvotes

https://www.quora.com/How-much-did-Mark-Hamill-earn-from-Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens

Finally got round to seeing it this week. When the music and opening credits started I may have squealed a little bit. And I loved it. Everything I'd have hoped for, plus a cool equality between female and male characters I hadn't even thought to dream of.

Great work with the spoiler management on here, everyone. I had no idea what to expect. At least until my nine year old decided to drop a massive spoiler he had diligently sat on for two weeks AS WE DROVE TO THE CINEMA. Sigh. Worth it, though, to experience the new Star Wars with my kids at around the same age I was first time round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great work with the spoiler management on here, everyone. I had no idea what to expect. At least until my nine year old decided to drop a massive spoiler he had diligently sat on for two weeks AS WE DROVE TO THE CINEMA. Sigh. Worth it, though, to experience the new Star Wars with my kids at around the same age I was first time round.
Did she tell you about the lezzo scene?

I had no idea what to expect. At least until my nine year old decided to drop a massive spoiler he had diligently sat on for two weeks AS WE DROVE TO THE CINEMA.

That's what happens when you have the dark side (Collingwood) in your home

My issue is people couldn't keep spoilers to themselves for a week, tagged or not. Just let the fans see it and enjoy it and then after a certain amount of time it's open season.

Saw it on Monday, went Gold Class. Absolutely awesome IMO. Bring on the next one. Was everything I had hoped. Managed to guess one of the twists in the story line

My issue is people couldn't keep spoilers to themselves for a week, tagged or not. Just let the fans see it and enjoy it and then after a certain amount of time it's open season.

God forbid people who have seen the movie wanting to discuss it with others who have seen it, in a way which is totally respectful of those yet to watch it.

After seeing TFA with my mate, we discussed the movie in the car on the way home. I'll hand myself into the police in the morning.

Seriously, if someone doesn't want the movie spoiled, but opens a Star Wars thread and then clicks on spoiler tags.......ffs

And who gets to decide how long the 'certain amount of time' is?

I disagree, as long as spoilers are in tags no issue. In fact I'd suggest admin think along similar lines as that would be exactly why there is the functionality rather than a 'certain amount of time' count down clock.

Really liked it. There is stuff I could knit pick about but it was brilliant over all.

Want to beat the crap out of whoever added in all the one liners. So many of them cringe worthy and unneeded. Kind of detracted from the story

Remove this Banner Ad

Back