Movie Star Wars: The Force Awakens - No spoilers allowed

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't agree, I think if this is a good movie, then it meets the hype. The hype is basically that this will be what Star Wars was meant to be - not cinematic masterpieces of our time, but good, solid stories, a good cast of characters, bringing the Big Three back, and just giving us a proper Space Opera. If it achieves that then I think it's lived up to the hype.
Agree. For all intents and purposes I think all the trailers and TV spots (as well as the excitement of the actors themselves, like Ford so excited for someone who doesn't embellish), has ALREADY met the expectation/hype, already has assured fans this is going to be one of if not the best SW film. It cannot fail. I am %100 convinced it's going to be great -- simply due to what you guys have already said....it only has to not suck like the prequels, have that organic way of being filmed, have good story, acting, action scenes, which we are confident in due to Kasdan writing it.....and it will meet all our hopes and expectations and wishes for what a SW movie should be.

After last nights reviews of Ep I and II, thought I'd post one of Ep III after rewatching it.

Overall, it is easily the best of the new trilogy, mostly due to the last 20 odd minutes which lends itself to being a great intro to Ep IV.

Pros:
- Creation of Vader. The still shot of his mask after it has been assembled and fitted is epic.
- Scenery. CGI is done really well here. The scenic shots on Utapau (as Kenobi first flies in), Alderaan (I assume, when Senator Organa takes Leia home to his missus) and the final scene on Tatooine are amazing.
- No Jar Jar Binks.
- Natalie Portman

Cons:
- Lightsaber battles are lame, especially Kenobi vs Grievous and Windu vs Sidious. Yoda vs Sidious is passable just because Yoda.
- Order 66. I get that it is necessary in the grand scheme of Star Wars, but the way it played out was so poor. Only the attempt on Kenobi was well done, the rest were not well executed (pardon the pun). I mean, these guys are Jedi Masters right? Can they not sense stuff? Isn't that their whole schtick?
- Only a cursory visit to Kashyyyk. With all the well done CGI in the movie, they could've made more of this part.
- Hayden Christensen.

After last nights reviews of Ep I and II, thought I'd post one of Ep III after rewatching it.

Overall, it is easily the best of the new trilogy, mostly due to the last 20 odd minutes which lends itself to being a great intro to Ep IV.

Pros:
- Creation of Vader. The still shot of his mask after it has been assembled and fitted is epic.
- Scenery. CGI is done really well here. The scenic shots on Utapau (as Kenobi first flies in), Alderaan (I assume, when Senator Organa takes Leia home to his missus) and the final scene on Tatooine are amazing.
- No Jar Jar Binks.
- Natalie Portman

Cons:
- Lightsaber battles are lame, especially Kenobi vs Grievous and Windu vs Sidious. Yoda vs Sidious is passable just because Yoda.
- Order 66. I get that it is necessary in the grand scheme of Star Wars, but the way it played out was so poor. Only the attempt on Kenobi was well done, the rest were not well executed (pardon the pun). I mean, these guys are Jedi Masters right? Can they not sense stuff? Isn't that their whole schtick?
- Only a cursory visit to Kashyyyk. With all the well done CGI in the movie, they could've made more of this part.
- Hayden Christensen.
Great review once again :thumbsu:
Always good to get a fresh different opinion, especially the way you write yours too.

Great review once again :thumbsu:
Always good to get a fresh different opinion, especially the way you write yours too.
Cheers. I like to think I'm half decent with words, even though I'm "just a science teacher", as I'm constantly reminded by the English faculty

Will review more movies next weekend.

They couldn't sense it because there was no emotion attached to it's execution from the Clones and they would not have been expecting their loyal comrades in arms to open fire on them. Most of the Jedi were killed by being cornered or via overwhelming force.

I thought Order 66 was fine, and quite emotional

88.gif

Don't even try defending Order 66. It's a great example of the lunacy of the prequels.

Order 66 was awesome. Stop bashing the prequels FFS. I'm dead set sick of non-Star wars fans claiming they are Star wars fans, bashing the movies they claim they love.

I love how John Williams music swells up, as the various jedi are murdered by the very Clones that seconds earlier were fighting with them. It's very emotional music. It's probably the best scene in the best movie of the prequel trilogy. I love how we see new worlds, new environments and how the Jedi purge is encapsulated in mere moments.

Wonderful scene.

The music I am talking about starts at 0.31

And how good is 2.40

I thought Order 66 was fine, and quite emotional

Of course it was. It's just idiots prequel bashing. They probably also bash the special editions and George Lucas, because that's the narrative they have been "sheeped" into believing.

I know their type all too well. They are a special breed, that loved the prequels when they came out and now they "say" they hate them (hate is such a strong word, used in a totally exaggerated fashion) , to fit in with the group-think "sheep" narrative. Just do a search on this site for how much some of the so-called prequel haters in this thread lavished praise on all three prequel movies.

Order 66 was awesome. Stop bashing the prequels FFS. I'm dead set sick of non-Star wars fans claiming they are Star wars fans, bashing the movies they claim they love.

I love how John Williams music swells up, as the various jedi are murdered by the very Clones that seconds earlier were fighting with them. It's very emotional music. It's probably the best scene in the best movie of the prequel trilogy. I love how we see new worlds, new environments and how the Jedi purge is encapsulated in mere moments.

Wonderful scene.

And how good is 2.40

Of course it was. It's just idiots prequel bashing. They probably also bash the special editions and George Lucas, because that's the narrative they have been "sheeped" into believing.

I know their type all too well. They are a special breed, that loved the prequels when they came out and now they "say" they hate them (hate is such a strong word, used in a totally exaggerated fashion) , to fit in with the group-think "sheep" narrative. Just do a search on this site for how much some of the so-called prequel haters in this thread lavished praise on all three prequel movies.
Once again Dan, what you're doing is obvious. Nobody cares. Stop trying to provoke old arguments.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't even try defending Order 66. It's a great example of the lunacy of the prequels.
It is possibly the best description of the entire prequels. Awesome concept poorly done.

It is implied in episode 4 that the Clone Wars were how the Empire came to power and the rise of Darth Vader but it was just poorly done.

Believe it or not but Revenge of the Sith is my favourite Star Wars movie, it also received some great reviews.
So George finally nailed it on that last film in my eyes..
Hi Dan.

Order 66 was fine, and incredibly emotional. The jedi do sense what's happening, but each of them is literally surrounded by clones when they're taken down.

I agree, ROTS is one of my favourite star wars films.

Wonderful scene.

And how good is 2.40

C3PO - "Don't worry I'm sure he'll be all right" lolz.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back