Starting my EPL journey - who to follow

Remove this Banner Ad

Palace, Soton, Hammers aren't bad places to start. I went in to watching the PL with the intention of supporting Newcastle, didn't wanna bandwagon, liked them as a kid. But ended up supporting Chelsea after watching a few games.

The problem with following a safe mid-table club is that most seasons you don't have much to look forward to.

Most seasons you're often too good to be in a relegation fight but not good enough to really be pushing for a European place/Cup.

Get knocked out of the cups early and its a pretty boring season of beating those below you and losing to those above.

Welcome to the club wadistance, you've definitely made a good choice ;)

Best moments in recent years:
2-0 in the playoff semi at Brighton :hearts:

Playoff final (long video)

Palace 3-3 Liverpool (s**t quality only one I could find with English commentary)

Palace 2-1 Man City

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This year and last year Southampton have really caught my eye and they are the team in the premier league that I hope has the most success.

Think about the sort of football/soccer you want to watch on a weekly basis. Combine that with players you get drawn to liking and it will sort itself out. Pardew is a flog but the Eagles are looking good! Also there is some talk in the pipeline of some US investment and upgraded facilities so you could be jumping on at a very good time. London clubs like West Ham & Palace will entrench themselves in the top flight due to the nature of how much more money goes into the capital and how much more attractive it is to investors/sponsors. Same could be said for Charlton, QPR & Fulham if they get the football operations side of things sorted.

Cute.

One thing to note is that Crystal Palace doesn't have any real derbies to look forward to.

I don't think they really care about their South London rivals or Brighton. Let them rot down there, they would claim. Sometimes being all on your own is a good thing (especially with a big payday coming next season). Having rivals is just a bonus when you're Premier League.

I don't think they really care about their South London rivals or Brighton. Let them rot down there, they would claim. Sometimes being all on your own is a good thing (especially with a big payday coming next season). Having rivals is just a bonus when you're Premier League.
Yep. Don't mind at all, although it might have something to do with the fact that we beat Brighton to pretty much get into the PL so I'll be happy with that win for a while.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back