Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 17, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
New Orleans Saints
Start side keepers and bench spuds that went the distance. 2015 season aka The Year of The Premo Injury. Be interested to see how others faired.

DEF: Shaw, Higgins, Ibbotson

MID: Dangerfield, Pendlebury

RUCK: -

FWD: Martin, Gray, Zorko

Bench: Fyfe* Lambert, Lamb, Lucey

Honourable mention to Hodge who left team last week. Great year and served well.

Actually surprised I only ended up with 7 'keepers' left. Thought would of stayed around 9-10. As we know, bad injury year.

Shaw. Loves a kick! DEF beast.
Higgins. Was great swing-man in my case at first in FWD line then migrated to DEF.
Ibbotson (wasn't really regarded as keeper but forced to keep) kinda did job (possibly rested this week).
Dangerfield. Prob my best start pick based on start price, reliability and output.
Zorko! Glad I showed faith. Shakey start and finished off so well.
Pendlebury, Gray and Martin all pretty standard.
Fyfe. Ehhh, yeah... ugh. Cool.
Lamb and Lucey provided me some good C loops, cheers!
Lambert. Hanging on to him really worked out well for DPP action and cover.

Seems like a good idea.

Def: Shaw, Newnes

Mids: Pendles, Fyfe, Treloar

Rucks: Goldy, Read

Fwds: Lids, Dusty, Swan, Franklin

Nic Nat should be here too, was awesome in the second half of the year. Had to use my last trade on the bloke.

10 keepers isn't bad at all.

Injuries only got 3 of my starting team (Gaz, Wines, M. Johnson), unfortunately the blokes I bought in for them loved going down after two weeks!

Shaw has been awesome, tossed up all year about him and Smith, made the right choice, ended up getting Smith round 3 when Gaz went down tho...
Newnes came good, never contemplated getting rid of him even when he was doing poorly as the entire Def pool sucked hairy balls.

Pendles is gun. Will pick him round 1 every year.
The Knife took it to another level, misses more than other premos but has locked himself in as a future permanent C.
Treloar started the year with his highest score, has been constantly good only scoring under 90 3 times this year (86, 46, 78) only improved on last year's average by 0.3 ppg.

Goldy. Thank you. Pairing him with Nic Nat Was wonderful. Loved it when I'd come up against teams that started with Ryder and Bellchambers for the safe cover. Set and forget rucks every time. It's worth burning a trade or 2.

Read well worth the 7k for superior loopholing options.

Lids, I love you. Favourite player. Was no chance I was trading him out, especially when I had to cull one of my other favourites in Wines. Rough start, punished anyone I played that didn't have him in the second half of the year.

Dusty another solid year. Probably gonna lose his DPP next year. Still probably pick him up as a POD m8.

Absolutely everyone had Swan. Was great can't fault him.

Franklin. Never again will I pick you. Gun player. Misses too often.

B Shaw, Newnes
M Kennedy, Pendlebury, Steven, J Selwood
R Natanui, Read
F Swan, Goddard, Martin

Lumumba and A Swallow were starting "premos" in name only and didn't last the journey
Fyfe started and was my last trade out

Simpson, Shaw, Newnes, Oxley
Beams, Fyfe, Pendlebury, Kennedy
Goldy, Maric
Gray, Martin, Read.

Seems like a good idea.

Def: Shaw, Newnes

Mids: Pendles, Fyfe, Treloar

Rucks: Goldy, Read

Fwds: Lids, Dusty, Swan, Franklin

Nic Nat should be here too, was awesome in the second half of the year. Had to use my last trade on the bloke.

10 keepers isn't bad at all.

Injuries only got 3 of my starting team (Gaz, Wines, M. Johnson), unfortunately the blokes I bought in for them loved going down after two weeks!

Shaw has been awesome, tossed up all year about him and Smith, made the right choice, ended up getting Smith round 3 when Gaz went down tho...
Newnes came good, never contemplated getting rid of him even when he was doing poorly as the entire Def pool sucked hairy balls.

Pendles is gun. Will pick him round 1 every year.
The Knife took it to another level, misses more than other premos but has locked himself in as a future permanent C.
Treloar started the year with his highest score, has been constantly good only scoring under 90 3 times this year (86, 46, 78) only improved on last year's average by 0.3 ppg.

Goldy. Thank you. Pairing him with Nic Nat Was wonderful. Loved it when I'd come up against teams that started with Ryder and Bellchambers for the safe cover. Set and forget rucks every time. It's worth burning a trade or 2.

Read well worth the 7k for superior loopholing options.

Lids, I love you. Favourite player. Was no chance I was trading him out, especially when I had to cull one of my other favourites in Wines. Rough start, punished anyone I played that didn't have him in the second half of the year.

Dusty another solid year. Probably gonna lose his DPP next year. Still probably pick him up as a POD m8.

Absolutely everyone had Swan. Was great can't fault him.

Franklin. Never again will I pick you. Gun player. Misses too often.
Was almost impossible to overlooks Shaw. Looked the stand out D1 on paper in pre season.

Good patience with Treloar. It's a hard thing to do.

I didn't start Swan. Still kicking myself.

Next year. Operation peg the right combo of mid-range and long term keepers again. Hopefully more that can stay on the park!

B Shaw, Newnes
M Kennedy, Pendlebury, Steven, J Selwood
R Natanui, Read
F Swan, Goddard, Martin

Lumumba and A Swallow were starting "premos" in name only and didn't last the journey
Fyfe started and was my last trade out
Starting Nic Nat, solid! Think the only reason why I didn't was based on byes.

You would of been cursing with Jelwood mid-year. He was in-out-in for me leading into byes and a few weeks after.

Starting Nic Nat, solid! Think the only reason why I didn't was based on byes.

You would of been cursing with Jelwood mid-year. He was in-out-in for me leading into byes and a few weeks after.

Yep he had an average start but NicNat was great. Gutted for him when he lost his mum - puts supercoach into perspective.

I also started with Leuenburger and Bellchambers so don't get any notions that I'm some sort of ruck selection genius :rolleyes: I always assumed I would upgrade both, which I did to Goldy and Gawn but expected I would get more out of them than I did.

Was close to starting Dangerfield instead of Jelwood. Gee wish I had!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keeper rucks whole year, well played. Although Maric would of been a pain for a bit. Least was playing I guess.
I ended up bringing in Mckernan & Downie to cover for Maric so it wasn't that bad but yea his first half of the year was very good.

Have to say went close to nailing all my starting premos only Selwood & Bartel were duds.

Yep he had an average start but NicNat was great. Gutted for him when he lost his mum - puts supercoach into perspective.

I also started with Leuenburger and Bellchambers so don't get any notions that I'm some sort of ruck selection genius :rolleyes: I always assumed I would upgrade both, which I did to Goldy and Gawn but expected I would get more out of them than I did.

Was close to starting Dangerfield instead of Jelwood. Gee wish I had!
Nic Nat. Poor kid.

I started TBC. Thought he was fine. All I wanted from him was to get games early and be a stepping stone. Job complete.

Geez. Coin flip sabotage with Jelwood and Danger, stiff!

Def: Newnes
Mid: Fyfe, Steven
Ruck: NicNat
Fwd: Gray, Swan, Martin

Bench: Edwards, Cox, Steele

Looking at it now it really isn't hard to see why my team fell in a heap come the end of the year.

Def: Shaw, Higgins
Mid: Pendlebury, Neale, Selwood
Ruck: Goldy, Read
Fwd: Swan, Martin, Gray, Franklin

I also started and ended with Lambert, but traded him out while he was injured

Shaw: Awesome. Was a pick I wasn't sure about at the start of the year, but he has a great record over the years

Higgins: one of my best picks also. Just had a feeling he would thrive at a new club. He's always looked promising, and given he went injury free last year I was optimistic he was past his injury woes

Pendles: Awesome. Super dependable. You just have to have him

Neale: Back half of the year was a little dissapointing after his start, but I really can't complain given his starting price. Turned out to be probably level with Steven as the best pick in that 450k-530k area

Selwood: my most disappointing pick. Was one of my fist picked after his end to last year. Showed a bit for a couple of weeks, but has faded back to mediocrity of late

Goldy: my favourite person in the world. I love him

Read: great guy. Was probably my captain more than any other player. I hope he achieves his afl dream. He deserves it

Swan: great pick, but everyone started with him (cough Jiska)

Martin: stud. Would have to be crazy to ever trade him (cough Jiska)

Gray: He's averaging nearly 110 so he's definitely been a win

Franklin: Frustrating. Probably won't go there again, not at the start of a season anyway

Def: Newnes
Mid: Fyfe, Steven
Ruck: NicNat
Fwd: Gray, Swan, Martin

Bench: Edwards, Cox, Steele

Looking at it now it really isn't hard to see why my team fell in a heap come the end of the year.
Guess it depends on how well you traded in too.

Have the cliche headache types of Ablett, Sloane, Rocky etc...?

Def: Shaw, Higgins
Mid: Pendlebury, Neale, Selwood
Ruck: Goldy, Read
Fwd: Swan, Martin, Gray, Franklin

I also started and ended with Lambert, but traded him out while he was injured

Shaw: Awesome. Was a pick I wasn't sure about at the start of the year, but he has a great record over the years

Higgins: one of my best picks also. Just had a feeling he would thrive at a new club. He's always looked promising, and given he went injury free last year I was optimistic he was past his injury woes

Pendles: Awesome. Super dependable. You just have to have him

Neale: Back half of the year was a little dissapointing after his start, but I really can't complain given his starting price. Turned out to be probably level with Steven as the best pick in that 450k-530k area

Selwood: my most disappointing pick. Was one of my fist picked after his end to last year. Showed a bit for a couple of weeks, but has faded back to mediocrity of late

Goldy: my favourite person in the world. I love him

Read: great guy. Was probably my captain more than any other player. I hope he achieves his afl dream. He deserves it

Swan: great pick, but everyone started with him (cough Jiska)

Martin: stud. Would have to be crazy to ever trade him (cough Jiska)

Gray: He's averaging nearly 110 so he's definitely been a win

Franklin: Frustrating. Probably won't go there again, not at the start of a season anyway
I thought Neale was a standout in his start price range, but that Round 12 bye just made him a no go the way team was structured. Good pick!

Most thought Higgins would fail, not us. Was a real win for the "risk".

Franklin would of been real annoying. You expect him to crush his ceiling often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back