State of Origin State of Origin 2014 Team Selection

Remove this Banner Ad

Soward was better then pearce in the series they played together, imo he still is.

Must be why Penrith have been so good the past 3 matches...oh wait hang on they have won 1 from 3! Sowards can kick, thats it, the end. He has no idea how to create, and that is the problem, you need to be able to create. Why is Thurston and Cronk so good? They create chances on both sides. Now I'm not saying Mullen is Thurston but jeez he creates chances...that is more than Soward has done for years! There was a good reason the Dragons punted him!

QLD are scared of Scott....4 matches....1 win lol...and the 1 win was when QLD had 5 injuries and played the last 20 minutes with a concussed player!
As much as I want NSW to win, I honestly don't think there's anybody Queensland are "scared" of. We have players they respect but nobody who sparks fear in them.
It's going to take more than just charging at Thurston all night to nullify Queensland.They're too clever to allow that to happen for long.One area where metres can be gained is the yawning gap that they leave directly behind the play-the-ball.Which is where Farah has to aim his dummy half runs at.Usually, it's Thaiday who lurks there too.Thaiday is not a renowned hard tackler, more of an "assistant" to negate the chances of offloads.Maybe aiming early tackle running at that area instead of Thurston might be worth looking at.

I've never been a Pearce fan, but I have to say, by his standards, I thought he has generally been pretty good this season (haven't seen the Roosters' last couple of games, though). Trouble is, I don't seem too many tailor-made replacements. Brooks is certainly talented but probably not yet ready, not over-impressed with either Reynolds... I never really shared the love of Mullen that some do either. Truth is, there's no-one approaching the class of bench-warmer Cherry-Evans.

They won't pick him, though. Will they?
Given Daley's bromance with Pearce, I believe that it's fair to say:
If Pearce is eligible to play at the exact time Daley sits down with Bozo the clown to pick the team,he'll be in the team.
And by "eligible", I mean if he is the same position he's in at the moment.No complaint lodged by the woman in question, therefore, no charges laid as a result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bird might miss entire series. :mad:
Looks like it. Did'nt appear to be anything other than a backslamming tackle, but rules are rules.
Hmm. I guess if Bird is ruled out for the series, Thurston,Smith and Meninga will still find evidence of some kind of NSW-based "conspiracy" that they have to overcome.

Looks like it. Did'nt appear to be anything other than a backslamming tackle, but rules are rules.
Hmm. I guess if Bird is ruled out for the series, Thurston,Smith and Meninga will still find evidence of some kind of NSW-based "conspiracy" that they have to overcome.

Absolutely, its obvious this week the judiciary is trying to help NSW suspending Bird for the entire Origin series whilst letting Slater and Smith off yet again...

Oops, wrong way round :)

best case, Bird plays Origin 2 & 3
worst case, only origin 3, which i hope aint a dead rubber.

Wrong.

Judciary is tomorrow. It is either 6 weeks or 2 weeks. The first one is the whole series as it is 6 clubs games with the changed suspensiion rules that stop potential Origin players counting Origin games 2 weeks before the side is announced. The 2nd is the downgrade, meaning he'll go for the first one, available for the 2nd.

Wrong.

Judciary is tomorrow. It is either 6 weeks or 2 weeks. The first one is the whole series as it is 6 clubs games with the changed suspensiion rules that stop potential Origin players counting Origin games 2 weeks before the side is announced. The 2nd is the downgrade, meaning he'll go for the first one, available for the 2nd.
Successful with the downgrade.Eligible for the second game. More NSW conspiracy ;)

From what I've gathered from various articles, id expect to see something like this for game . Gallen switch back to prop now Fifita is out.

1. Hayne
2. B.Morris
3. Jennings
4. J.Morris
5. ? (Hopa, Taufua, McManus, Tupuo, Richards)
6. Maloney
7. Pearce
8. Gallen
9. Farah
10. Tamou
11. Lewis
12. Scott
13. Watmough
14. Cordner
15. Woods
16. Merrin
17. T-Rex

Dugan will be fullback, Daley has a dead set orgasm over him for some stupidly known reason. Don't like that pack one single bit, there is no firepower.

Gallen will play prop but I wouldn't pick him there, I am warming to Aiden Tolman getting a chance. Cordner starts imo, and Merrin is useless off the bench, why are you bothering picking him off the bench. A Hoffman type would be better in that role. She Rex is hopeless but by all means pick him.

Last couple of years I thought we were a good chance of finally securing the win but i just can't see it this year.

I really can't believe they were dead keen on going for the Pearce Maloney halves combo again... And that now it's possible Cordner will miss out purely because he won't be with his Roosters teammates... How the * is Cordner's selection dependant on being able to form a club combination. He is deadset best 17 for NSW.

That being said I really don't know what to do in the Halves. Adam Reynolds was putting the pressure on last year but is not playing well this year and his performances in the finals will raise legitimate questions.

For mine Josh Reynolds should be number 6. Is playing very well this year and is a pretty tough footballer that I reckon will find his feet in Origin footy. They could do worse than partnering him with Hodgkinson who is playing well, is a great kick in play and at goals, and they play together. He doesn't have the class of some other blokes (neither does Pearce) but it could just be the go for 2014.

I don't really see much of a hope for us this year. So Maybe it'll be the year we finally break through.

somewhat ironically if we had our s**t together this year we'd have a real good chance to grab the win given there are a number of form questions surrounding the queensland team as well (who still will most likely run it up a few notches when they come up against us)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back