State of Origin State of Origin 2014 Team Selection

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL at Jonathon Thurston accusing NSW of making Mitchell Pearce the scapegoat for previous losses.

"Pearce has played plenty of Origins and has been instrumental in their success"

How did he not crack up laughing while he said that ?

He is smart, he wants the spud back in game 2 lol

yeah i can see that point of view but that is a separate issue. the games in melbourne have drawn extremely good crowds so whilst that continues they will push down there.

my beef is with people who think it's taking home games away from any state and if the current state of affairs continue it will always be two years after the NSW have 2 home games and thickheads from NSW start crapping on about how we aren't getting our "home" series.

They get higher crowds in NSW and QLD, and the ratings are just as good if not better. Honestly I would rather only take 1 away from NSW and QLD on 9 year cycles. 3 years is too small for my liking and even then I hate the idea behind it. Victoria has nothing to do with this game.

Cordner looks set to miss entire series now.

Not that big a loss, was lucky to get a starting test spot over Gillett anyway. I rate Lewis higher than Cordner who is always good for a penalty and 3 errors a game!

For the first time in however many years, Queensland are having injury dramas with their squad.

Cronk and Slater. Now Inglis tonight can't finish the game. Smith and DCE with niggles. Maybe they'll go with McQueen at right wing like he's doing for the Rabbitohs right now!

Can honestly say my mind has changed on the NSW squad for game 2. Thought for sure Beau Scott into centre but with Dugan's performance against the Sharks I can't help but wonder if he is the man for the job with Hopoate on the wing. Greg Bird comes straight in to the team obviously. Need a winger and depending on the centre spot IMO there's two scenarios. Beau Scott to centre means no other changes. If Dugan (or anyone else...) is there, someone drops out for Bird which I think/hope should be Watmough. Even though I've never really rated him as an origin player, he's got that bicep injury and this talk that it can't get any worse kinda isn't the best way to discuss it.

For the first time in however many years, Queensland are having injury dramas with their squad.

Cronk and Slater. Now Inglis tonight can't finish the game. Smith and DCE with niggles. Maybe they'll go with McQueen at right wing like he's doing for the Rabbitohs right now!

Can honestly say my mind has changed on the NSW squad for game 2. Thought for sure Beau Scott into centre but with Dugan's performance against the Sharks I can't help but wonder if he is the man for the job with Hopoate on the wing. Greg Bird comes straight in to the team obviously. Need a winger and depending on the centre spot IMO there's two scenarios. Beau Scott to centre means no other changes. If Dugan (or anyone else...) is there, someone drops out for Bird which I think/hope should be Watmough. Even though I've never really rated him as an origin player, he's got that bicep injury and this talk that it can't get any worse kinda isn't the best way to discuss it.
Slater and Inglis will be named tomorrow night for Queensland. Queensland will name 18th and 19th men just in case (Barba and Chambers are names that come to mind).They have until an hour before the game to announce who's playing.Pleanty of time for them to come good.
Please, no Dugan.Plays for himself.Refuses to believe that players on his outside should see the ball.Won't pass. Defence is suspect against running the angle at his left shoulder.Scoring three tries against Cronulla's second 13 don't mean much.

Slater and Inglis will be named tomorrow night for Queensland. Queensland will name 18th and 19th men just in case (Barba and Chambers are names that come to mind).They have until an hour before the game to announce who's playing.Pleanty of time for them to come good.
Please, no Dugan.Plays for himself.Refuses to believe that players on his outside should see the ball.Won't pass. Defence is suspect against running the angle at his left shoulder.Scoring three tries against Cronulla's second 13 don't mean much.
WRONG !!!
22 man squad named
Thaiday, Milford, Hunt, Chambers, Lillyman and Tonga all included
Cronk only player from Game I not named.
Funny part was when Queensland advised last week that the team would be named at 4:00pm today.
At 1:30 today, the QRL advised that the team won't be named until 8:00pm "out of respect to the teams playing in tonights match"

WTF ???????

This game was announced for tonight six months ago, but the QRL wait until today to "respect" it ???
What a pile of sh!t.

WRONG !!!
22 man squad named
Thaiday, Milford, Hunt, Chambers, Lillyman and Tonga all included
Cronk only player from Game I not named.
Funny part was when Queensland advised last week that the team would be named at 4:00pm today.
At 1:30 today, the QRL advised that the team won't be named until 8:00pm "out of respect to the teams playing in tonights match"

WTF ???????

This game was announced for tonight six months ago, but the QRL wait until today to "respect" it ???
What a pile of sh!t.
NSW 22 Man Team are: Jarryd Hayne.

Josh Papalii limped off tonight with an ankle injury. In doubt. 23 man squad ?
The talk was that Smith might go to halfback if DCE does'nt come good.
So, where's Matt Ballin or Jake Friend to play hooker if needed ?
Someone is trying to feed me bullsh!t and tell me it's roast beef

Three changes to the NSW side for game II. Morris twins are out, as is Tony Williams.
In come Hopoate,Dugan and Bird.
Geez, Daley better hope Inglis does'nt play, otherwise Dugan is in for a torrid time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back