Discussion State of our jumper

Ok this is one for the peeps on here who nowdays probably have more hair on their ears than on the top of their head.
I remember for a very brief period we had pretty funky 'outlined' jumper numbers similar to these
1soccer_black-LG.jpg

To put a timeframe to it , i used to have a scrapbook with pics of Saints players i used to cut out of the newspapers when i was a young pup.
I distinctly remember a picture i had of Simon Odonnel taking a mark and his jumper had that type of font number on the back.
He only played a couple of yrs in the very early 80s before he switched to cricket fulltime so it mustve be between 81 - 83?

Does anybody else remember these type of jumper numbers as well.

Ok this is one for the peeps on here who nowdays probably have more hair on their ears than on the top of their head.
I remember for a very brief period we had pretty funky 'outlined' jumper numbers similar to these
1soccer_black-LG.jpg

To put a timeframe to it , i used to have a scrapbook with pics of Saints players i used to cut out of the newspapers when i was a young pup.
I distinctly remember a picture i had of Simon Odonnel taking a mark and his jumper had that type of font number on the back.
He only played a couple of yrs in the very early 80s before he switched to cricket fulltime so it mustve be between 81 - 83?

I do.

And I also remember the joy and relief I felt when they scrapped them and went back to normal numbers

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Stillwaiting

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
1soccer_black-LG.jpg

I remember those numbers. I remember at the time thinking they were cool, but they look crap.

Fwiw, I still have all thd hair on my head, but also in the ear now.

Jun 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
The Jack Pack do you have a mock with a white collar and black cuffs?
Sorry for the late reply, I was at work and had connection issues when I came home. :(

Now that's been taken care of, this is what a white collar and black cuffs would look like.

7n6Y55b.png

I think it looks alright but you can't go wrong with the white collar + cuffs. I couldn't help myself and made another version of it. :p:D

jVscdRF.png

Last edited:

Murraj1966

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Sorry for the late reply, I was at work and had connection issues when I came home. :(

Now that's been taken care of, this is what a white collar and black cuffs would look like.

7n6Y55b.png

I think it looks alright but you can't go wrong with the white collar + cuffs. I couldn't help myself and made another version of it. :p:D

6piwfC3.png

They're both great.

I may be wrong in retrosoect about the cuffs as it doesn't look that bad on the first picture but i think we definitely need to at least bring back the white collar

Could someome twitter savvy send some of the good pics through the thread to St Kilda's twitter as I'm twitter illiterate

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
1soccer_black-LG.jpg

Looked crap on my duffel coat. :D

blktreacle

Club Legend
May 14, 2013
UK
AFL Club
St Kilda

7n6Y55b.png

jVscdRF.png
I reckon the black cuffs and white collar looks slick af

7n6Y55b.png

jVscdRF.png
The white/black is horrid... But the white/white is a thing of beauty!

Nutsngum

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers FC
The white needs the piping or it doesnt work for me. With piping is better then black but solid white unbalances the jumper for me.

I do.

And I also remember the joy and relief I felt when they scrapped them and went back to normal numbers

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
I remember those numbers. I remember at the time thinking they were cool, but they look crap.

Fwiw, I still have all thd hair on my head, but also in the ear now.
Looked crap on my duffel coat. :D
Glad that somebody else can remember those numbers as well as me:thumbsu:
I mentioned them to a few Saints supporters before and theyve just looked at me like
images-1.jpeg

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Glad that somebody else can remember those numbers as well as me:thumbsu:
I mentioned them to a few Saints supporters before and theyve just looked at me like
View attachment 189906

I'm glad someone else can remember duffel coats. Now I'm just waiting for desert boots to make a comeback....

Keg on legs

Cancelled
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Ive got a visual picture of you in my head that will never change now Keg's:p
b8qrmd.jpg
:D

This guy is my freakin idol! :D

Actually I'm more of a Danny de Vito version. Yep, I'm a real catch!!

#releaseyourinnerbogan

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2009
Under a Big Sky
AFL Club
St Kilda
1soccer_black-LG.jpg

The first game i supported the Saints they had these numbers - part of the reason why st kilda appealled to me even though i turned on the tele to cheer on Hawthorn and had no clue they even existed at that time. Had changed teams by end of first quarter. damn!
that was rnd 1 1979 - and the Saints got up in an upset - then proceeded to lose almost every single game for the next ten years! damn!
but i liked those numbers and the guernsey. look a bit naff now.

Stillwaiting

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
The first game i supported the Saints they had these numbers - part of the reason why st kilda appealled to me even though i turned on the tele to cheer on Hawthorn and had no clue they even existed at that time. Had changed teams by end of first quarter. damn!
that was rnd 1 1979 - and the Saints got up in an upset - then proceeded to lose almost every single game for the next ten years! damn!
but i liked those numbers and the guernsey. look a bit naff now.

I remember that game well. We had finished 6 this in 78 and were optimistic. . Hawthorn were premiers ( I think). I was in the social club. I think Sidebotyom kicked a few in thd last quarter and we won by about 4 goals. But I still don't like those numbers!!!

psychosaints

All Australian
Jul 6, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
I remember that game well. We had finished 6 this in 78 and were optimistic. . Hawthorn were premiers ( I think). I was in the social club. I think Sidebotyom kicked a few in thd last quarter and we won by about 4 goals. But I still don't like those numbers!!!
i was there that day. I was only 7, we then beat richmond in about 7 or 8 at Moorabbin too. Not too much after that though.

thequarry

Team Captain
Apr 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Maybe for the 50th anniversary year we will get to see this (all year)... we can only hope!!

I was thinking we might wear something like that for the celebration game against Collingwood - realistically perhaps The Jack Pack's first mock-up with the white collar might be roughly what's used, and with the larger logo.

That larger logo really makes the jumper much bolder.

SaintJesus

Senior List
Sep 18, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda

7n6Y55b.png

jVscdRF.png
Quadruple like the first, double like the second

Back