Statistics for Dummies

Remove this Banner Ad

Only hiccup will be yourself using Openoffice and myself using Excel normal...I dont think Excel normal lets you split using actual space, its just by commas, tabs, etc. So it'll split all the stats, but for someone with a space in their name, it makes a separate column for each part of the name.

Not sure how that'll work for Open Office.

Only hiccup will be yourself using Openoffice and myself using Excel normal...I dont think Excel normal lets you split using actual space, its just by commas, tabs, etc. So it'll split all the stats, but for someone with a space in their name, it makes a separate column for each part of the name.

Cheers, appreciate the effort.

It's worth a shot, either way.

Unfortunately it works the same (mucking around with it currently)

Next simmer, put it in the code to separate everything by two spaces :p

You guys are speaking gibberish right now, but cheers, apparently we have a few excel geniuses at the Wonders

Who knew? :p

VLookup does have restrictions ive found, such as it only works with one name in a column. So if you have:

Beng
Danoz
Beng

It'll only pick up the first Beng. There is a table lookup function you can do but then s**t gets crazy.

I use the VLookup to add the Kicks+Handballs and tally them as disposals in a different sheet. Works wonders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VLookup does have restrictions ive found, such as it only works with one name in a column. So if you have:

Beng
Danoz
Beng

It'll only pick up the first Beng. There is a table lookup function you can do but then s**t gets crazy.

I use the VLookup to add the Kicks+Handballs and tally them as disposals in a different sheet. Works wonders.
In my spreadsheet above one of the tabs has tables that rank. That formula bypasses that vlookup issue. Also, you can use sum if on the problem above. The other one I use is a range/array derived in an indirect formula. Pretty sure all three of those are used in my workbook.

Yeah it's annoying, but not sure if I want to fork out the $50 extra bucks just for the SFA :p

I had Speck send me his stats sheet, and I think he uses excel. Anyway, in a lot of his formulas he uses [[#This Row],[K]] for example.

I was wondering if the Open Office recognises such a formula in [#This Row], and if not, what's the Open Office version of it?

If you know...

Cheers
Sorry if I overwhelmed you with my stats sheet, it's mighty complicated I know.

Definitely willing to lend a hand here. Not sure on the OpenOffice and Excel differentiation, I use Excel though. What Bengwatkins has sounds like a good way for people to be introduced to it then you can build of that. Mine is essentially that with player stat and team stat inputs.

The way I input player stats is that I copy it to a text file and use the import data function. It then allows you to split by fixed width, this generally works fine with the occasional exception (if theres double figures where usually theres single if often trips it). I just manually check and fix this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back