Stats questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
North will host Geelong at Etihad on August 2 in consecutive years. How many times has this happened, with the same match up and the same home team at the same ground on the same day in consecutive years?

PLAYER RECORDS <---- worth a look!

I am interested in determining how many senior games Dustin Fletcher has played:

392* - AFL/VFL Seniors
6 - International
? - State of Origin

I believe Fletch never played SoO. Any idea how many Night Series matches?

I assume the potential 4 Lightning Premiership games in 1996 won't be counted.

Last edited:
I'd be interested in Robert Harvey and Brent Harvey also who I assume already are or will end up members of the 400 club.

PLAYER RECORDS <---- worth a look!

I am interested in determining how many senior games Dustin Fletcher has played:

392* - AFL/VFL Seniors
6 - International
? - State of Origin

I believe Fletch never played SoO. Any idea how many Night Series matches?

I assume the potential 4 Lightning Premiership games in 1996 won't be counted.
392 AFL seniors
34 AFL preseason
6 International Rules
0 State of Origin

Also there is a newer list here: http://www.firstclassfooty.web44.net/RECORDS.htm

Was Fletch's info in AFL Season Guide? Do you know the stats for Boomer?

Last edited:
Was Fletch's info in AFL Season Guide? Do you know the stats for the two Harveys?
Yep.

Robert Harvey as per link above.

Brent Harvey
378 AFL seniors
41 AFL preseason
2 State of Origin
9 International Rules

Roger, I've gone back a couple of pages in this thread, and have noticed your weekly summaries of each round in 2013. Unfortunately, the link that you provide at the bottom takes us to the current home page of your site. I was wondering if it was possible to access the round information for 2013?

Would also like to bring this up again :)
Oh I see. You're not talking about consecutive wins where the team also happened to be leading at quarter time, you want consecutive leads at quarter time where the team also happened to win. Much more difficult to answer, you might have to wait. RR?

Also, does anyone have a list of instances where a goal after the siren has been kicked to a) win a game b) draw a game?

Much appreciated.

EDIT: Found a list here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kicks_after_the_siren_in_Australian_rules_football

I notice Hickey and Wells are mentioned above, but not officially in the AFL Record.

----------------

What is the record for most consecutive finals appearances? A list of the top 10 or so?
Also, broken down in periods (e.g. since 1897, since 12 team competition, since 16 team competition etc)
And also, most consecutive finals appearances for each club (where appropriate)?

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm that Barry Cable did not play in the 1977 VFL Night Series? If so, why didn't he?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone confirm that Barry Cable did not play in the 1977 VFL Night Series? If so, why didn't he?

After looking through the relevant records via the State Library of Victoria's "AFL Records online" link, Cable's name does not appear in the line-ups for either of North's night series games for 1977.

Thanks. Was it pre-season that year or mid-season?

Reason I asked was for the 400 club stats. If the Series was pre-season, maybe he was allowed to stay in WA a few extra weeks before the H&A season.

North Melbourne's two night series games for 1977 were not pre-season. They were played on May 17 (in between rounds 7 & 8) and on June 28 (in between rounds 13 & 14).

North Melbourne's two night series games for 1977 were not pre-season. They were played on May 17 (in between rounds 7 & 8) and on June 28 (in between rounds 13 & 14).

I am pretty certain the night series ran during the H & A season from 1977 to 1987 at a time during the early-middle of the year. Tim Watson's famous leap over a Carlton player was done in the 1981 final. They usually finished by around late June or early July. The 1988 night series was played entirely during the pre-season from whence it's remained ever since.

Well that is surprising then. Cable played 25 H&A games in 1977 yet did not play a single Night Series match.

Thanks for your assistance.

There are 6 rounds to go and Melbourne, Brisbane and St Kilda are yet to score 100 this year.
I mozzed this one bad. In Round 18, both Brisbane and St Kilda have scored 100.

That leaves Melbourne. The last time a team failed to score 100 in a season was North Melbourne (1972).

Melbourne: BL (h), HA, GWS (h), WC (a), NM

Last edited:
yeah I was thinking due to his status or age, he may have been allowed to rest until the night GF if they made it.

Lance Franklin has kicked 2.7 and 3.5 against Hawthorn this year.

Which players have kicked the most points against another side in one year?

I think Ablett tops the list.

| Team | Opp | Yr | Pts | Gms
\Gary Ablett | Ge | Me | 1995 | 15 | 2

Luke Breust has kicked 45.6 this year.

Who has kicked the least behinds in a season having also kicked 50 goals or more?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back