Stats resources.

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, they've redeemed themselves there, that *is* something new....if a little desperate sounding. By that loose definition, I might have only 50 pts i.e. just the one competition's complete stats.

You might get more than that. I've only been browsing and occasionally commenting since this morning, and I'm already up to 53 points.

Is there a site which gives average age/games played for teams selected before the game is actually played?

IIRC superfooty (the Hun) used to do this but they do not appear to any more. I always found this a very useful tool for helping with tips.

Prolly too late in the season for you now but if you have an i-phone there i an app called 'footy live' which has this info broken down quite detailed for every match.

Further to the State of origin query above, does anyone know if stats are recorded anywhere for matches. Was just having a discussion with my housemate about how many marks Damien the Monkey took in the 1995 (i think) match. We were curious as to how many dream teams he had.

Alrighty, so I am thinking of doing a bit of research into footy odds and so I was wondering, is there any way to get the entire 2012 or 2011 AFL home and away season results WITH odds of the eventual winner? It would mean a lot if someone could help me out here.

Alrighty, so I am thinking of doing a bit of research into footy odds and so I was wondering, is there any way to get the entire 2012 or 2011 AFL home and away season results WITH odds of the eventual winner? It would mean a lot if someone could help me out here.
afl.com.au

After writing a couple of books, my next project is one I have always wanted to do.
I'm expecting it to take 5 years to complete (assistance is most welcomed).
It is currently under construction, so only a few years have been uploaded so far.
I present to you - www.footytimeline.com
Awesome!! Let me know when you get up to 1987 and I would be happy to give some input from the west :)

After writing a couple of books, my next project is one I have always wanted to do.
I'm expecting it to take 5 years to complete (assistance is most welcomed).
It is currently under construction, so only a few years have been uploaded so far.
I present to you - www.footytimeline.com

Is it a general footy website or is it mainly focused on VFA/VFL/AFL?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it a general footy website or is it mainly focused on VFA/VFL/AFL?
From the Footy Timeline Site.

"The term Australian Football covers not just VFL/AFL , but all other senior and junior leagues across the continent.
However, the initial content on this site will cover Australian Football from the VFL + AFL beginning at 1897.
Further expansion of this into earlier seasons, or other leagues will only occur with additional support to the site."

From the Footy Timeline Site.

"The term Australian Football covers not just VFL/AFL , but all other senior and junior leagues across the continent.
However, the initial content on this site will cover Australian Football from the VFL + AFL beginning at 1897.
Further expansion of this into earlier seasons, or other leagues will only occur with additional support to the site."

Ahk thanks for clarifying.

I went on it last night and should've seen this description.

I gotta stop scanning and read it in its entirety.

Ahk thanks for clarifying.

I went on it last night and should've seen this description.

I gotta stop scanning and read it in its entirety.

Cheers guys
At the moment the focus will be VFL/AFL , but it does include items relating to interstate teams.
But down the track will consider reserves / under 19s information as well.

This board is kinda the closest we have to a Aus Rules History board, so this link sorta belongs here. A great historical photo site with some exellent team and player photos. It's all a little disjointed but there's some real gold from the 20's through to the 60's.
http://boylesfootballphotos.net.au/tiki-index.php
A little more history: Australian Football has never been officially referred to as Australian "rules" especially with a capital "R"! The "rules" tag is a creation of the 19th century press in the rugby hold-out states of NSW and QLD. It came to be used in a derisory and condescending manner in those states to suggest that a game devised in Australia couldn't be anything more than an inferior variation of the "rules" of "superior" games devised in "mother England". In various eras its use has been actively campaigned against. During his leadership of the Australian (National) Football Council, Bruce Andrew successfully campaigned against the "rules" tag where it had crept into the Victorian press after WWII but had no success with the newspapers in Sydney, Brisbane and Canberra (whose teachers were recruited from the NSW education system).

Unfortunately since Australian Football has spread its premier competition into NSW and QLD, the "rules" tag has come back. The appalling Wikipedia where bodies of knowledge can become the domain of protective, defensive and ignorant coteries has no doubt furthered this trend with its extensive use of the "rules" rag in articles on Australian Football. The whole issue has also not been helped by soccer in Australia called itself "Australian Football".

In the United States the national game is "American Football" referred to across the nation as just "football" - never has there been a "rules" tag attached. The
the national governing body of the round-ball game in the U.S. is "U.S. Soccer". But then, the Americans kicked-off from the British Empire more than two centuries ago. Internationally how many would think that American Football is soccer?

When I was growing up in Victoria (mid last century), people only spoke about the "football" and the "footy". I was aware that the game was officially "Australian Football" and was unique to Australia. I was also aware that that the ignorant and un-evolved denizens north of the border referred to our game as "rules". At school nobody used the "rules" tag - Australian Football was "football", soccer was "soccer" and rugby was "rugby". (Although I wouldn't be surprised if some of the the private exclusive schools in Melbourne as hold-outs of British Imperial thinking used the "rules" tag for Australian Football. )

Words and how things are named have power. Australian Football is our national football game - it doesn't need or deserve the "rules" tag.

Further to the State of origin query above, does anyone know if stats are recorded anywhere for matches. Was just having a discussion with my housemate about how many marks Damien the Monkey took in the 1995 (i think) match. We were curious as to how many dream teams he had.

If you are referring to the game Victoria played versus South Australia in 1995, Monkhorst took 10 marks in the game: 2 in the 1st quarter, 4 in the 2nd, 4 in the 3rd, 0 in the 4th. Don't think the concept of Dream Team was around in 1995, but if you want to calculate it, he also had 9 kicks, 9 handballs, 9 hit outs, 1 tackle and kicked 1 goal 0 behinds.
I don't follow or understand Dream Team or Supercoach, so I hope this helps your query.

If you are referring to the game Victoria played versus South Australia in 1995, Monkhorst took 10 marks in the game: 2 in the 1st quarter, 4 in the 2nd, 4 in the 3rd, 0 in the 4th. Don't think the concept of Dream Team was around in 1995, but if you want to calculate it, he also had 9 kicks, 9 handballs, 9 hit outs, 1 tackle and kicked 1 goal 0 behinds.
I don't follow or understand Dream Team or Supercoach, so I hope this helps your query.

95 DT points, not including any Free Kicks he gave away or received.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back