Prediction STAYING or GOING the Matt Suckling debate

SUCKLING - Staying or Going?

• I love that left peg! He will stay!

Votes: 47 31.8%
  • Can lairise for cash somewhere else! He will go!

Votes: 101 68.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What would his new deal have to be worth for us to receive 1st Rnd Compensation?

If Buddy goes for $10m over 9 years & compensation for that is Pick 19, my guess is that Suckers should get us a pick in the late 400's...

What would his new deal have to be worth for us to receive 1st Rnd Compensation?

If Buddy goes for $10m over 9 years & compensation for that is Pick 19, my guess is that Suckers should get us a pick in the late 400's...

If the Ellis/Young compo's are any gauge, then we'll get SFA....However, VLAD has since departed, so hopefully a just outcome will prevail....The AFL owe us big time on this score.

Suckers has been great for the Hawks, but if his piss poor year is due to wanting more $$ after the Hawks persisted with his injury prone start to the year and stuck with him when the ACL occurred it is a disgrace..

Suckers has been great for the Hawks, but if his piss poor year is due to wanting more $$ after the Hawks persisted with his injury prone start to the year and stuck with him when the ACL occurred it is a disgrace..
You're not suggesting he's playing poorly as some form of ransom on his contract, are you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're not suggesting he's playing poorly as some form of ransom on his contract, are you?

Doesn't seem like the smartest way to do business...

"You see these turnovers? Sign me up and you can get 3 more years of this s**t!"

It's not a disgrace, it's the way of the AFL nowdays
Players have MUCH more say in where they play
In some cases it's good for a club (attracting players), and in some cases it's bad for a club (losing players)

It's not a disgrace, it's the way of the AFL nowdays
Players have MUCH more say in where they play
In some cases it's good for a club (attracting players), and in some cases it's bad for a club (losing players)

I think some blokes owe the club they're at with some loyalty.

A club like Carlton would have booted him after 2 years based on his poor form and injuries... Yeah its a new day and age, but they club pays their wage and Hawthorn have always looked after him.

The problem is moron managers get in their ears.. 450k over 3 years vs 350k over 3 at Hawthorn but your career might last another 18 months..

How could you possibly construe that from that comment? Some blokes can't handle the contract pressure, that's all.
Your link between him being poor this year and specifically holding out for more money (allegedly), along with calling the situation a "disgrace" just came across that way when I read it. You could've just said he might be being distracted by his contract negotiations.

I think some blokes owe the club they're at with some loyalty.

A club like Carlton would have booted him after 2 years based on his poor form and injuries... Yeah its a new day and age, but they club pays their wage and Hawthorn have always looked after him.

The problem is moron managers get in their ears.. 450k over 3 years vs 350k over 3 at Hawthorn but your career might last another 18 months..

What are you talking about?

He'd be B&F at Carlton.

Langford/Hartung haven't re-singed either, but I don't see the pitchforks on them.
They're not unrestricted FAs. Which is beside the point anyway, most people are on his back because he is in the side to provide one specific service and often this year he has failed to deliver that when it matters most.

As far as I'm concerned if he wants to chase the dollars at years end then fine. But until then he should be expected to play his role consistently well or be dropped.

Back