Rumour Stef Martin wants out from the Lions Den

Harry Hawks

All Australian
May 12, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Usual story. I have a friend who works with one of the clubs and he mentioned to me this morning that the rumour going around is Stef wants out from the Lions at the end of this year.

Make of this what you will however my friend is usually all over this type of thing.

Update:

Wants to go back to Victoria.

Update:

Info came from a player manager. Apparently Luey was gonna be the trade bait due to having more currency but since Stef wants out the Lions have had to change tact.

Last edited:

Big_Birdy

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
ive heard worse trades

Like when Essendon wanted Wines involved in the Ryder trade? Yet now their coach says Ryder has no influence and is a lucky player?

Essendon will ask for Martin and Aish for Carlisle, and Martin will end up at the Bulldogs because they are reasonable.

Happens with the Dons every year. Bookmark it.

Eons

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool
We have the luxury of having 2 number 1 ruck men but we are weak in other areas of the ground. If Martin leaving brings us in someone like Dixon, would work out well for all parties concerned. Stef gets to play finals and we get a KPF to help push us up the ladder. Still under contract and would get us a first round pick.

HBFlanker

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Like when Essendon wanted Wines involved in the Ryder trade? Yet now their coach says Ryder has no influence and is a lucky player?

Essendon will ask for Martin and Aish for Carlisle, and Martin will end up at the Bulldogs because they are reasonable.

Happens with the Dons every year. Bookmark it.

haha agree. Dons are in serious strife in my opinion.

No way Carlisle will be there next year, and they have the worst ruck stocks in the league.

Big_Birdy

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
haha agree. Dons are in serious strife in my opinion.

No way Carlisle will be there next year, and they have the worst ruck stocks in the league.

I would almost argue that Giles and Bellchambers (at his best) are both better than anything the Cats have.

Unfortunately they are both languishing in the VFL....

HBFlanker

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I would almost argue that Giles and Bellchambers (at his best) are both better than anything the Cats have.

Unfortunately they are both languishing in the VFL....

Stanley is far better. Geelong have had a horror run with big men.

I think we have seen the last of Mcintosh and Simpson though

Milux

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Wouldn't surprise me. Although he did sign a 2 year deal at the end of last year he wont come cheap. But in saying that probably worth more to us then most people.

Eons

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool
Are you kidding me? He's in all australian form and let's not forgot about Aish and Luenburger, who both will likely be leaving at the end of the season as well.

If true, this would be an absolute disaster.

Nope, not kidding. Leuey would stay if Martin leaves. You have to think about what we can get if Martin was to leave, not to mention Aish as well. Is a Dixon type more valuable to us or having Martin in the team when we still have Leuey?

With the picks we get for Martin and Aish we could bring in Dixon, Motlop and Walker. That's a huge win for the club and would push us up the ladder dramatically next year.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Where would he go? Essendon would be all over him
He had a pretty massive falling out with Neeld while with Melbourne. I don't know how much of a big deal it was exactly, but might prevent him having Essendon on his preferred club list

Back