Club Legend
Mar 11, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC, Salisbury North FC
Anyone else catch the piece on 9 news

Was good. Stefan, 14 is in Norths Development squad, is a Very good size (nearly his 6ft dads height at 14) and is very well built for a youngster. Also said he will be the Crows first FS pick up

Ben, 10, is a very special player already. Once kicked 10 goals in 20 minutes in a game. Had footage of him grabbing the pill, blitzing through the pack and kicked a goal. Showed footage of his old man and they looked identical:D:eek:. Darren also commented on just how much Ben loves the Crows:thumbsu:

Jackson, 9. A good sized kid, his dad is teaching him to kick on both legs. Looks like he has a very nice action as well.

Bookmark this thread, come back in 10 years, and hopefully the three cousins will be tearing it up in the Crows colours:thumbsu:

F___ me.

Poor kids. Can't just play footy anonymously with their mates like everyone else their age.

If they don't make it at AFL level and finally give the AFC the father/son selection they have been craving, they will have failed. :rolleyes:

F___ me.

Poor kids. Can't just play footy anonymously with their mates like everyone else their age.

If they don't make it at AFL level and finally give the AFC the father/son selection they have been craving, they will have failed. :rolleyes:

I agree, its not like their Dads were on there with them, so obviously didnt consent or dont look out for their welfare.

And its not like it will be a massive thrill for them to be on TV or anything:rolleyes:

As exciting as it is, no pressure there on the kids:rolleyes:

I mean one thing is having this feature if they're 16/17 and playing SANFL footy, but a little patience wouldn't kill us:eek:

Possibly a little over-reacting considering they will possibly be our first FS picks. Would rather wait and see them playing SANFL before I get too excited :rolleyes: although how could you possibly be bad with a last name of Jarman:thumbsu:

c'mon lads it was a harmless puff piece

the crows wouldn't be looking but like any proud dad those guys would love it if their lads played AFL and would have been thrilled with it all

get a grip guys they are under no more pressure than any other player with Famous dads

the crows wouldn't be looking but like any proud dad those guys would love it if their lads played AFL and would have been thrilled with it all

get a grip guys they are under no more pressure than any other player with Famous dads

Hallelujah

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Consider this for a bit of excitement - just as the new AFL clubs are coming in and snapping up all the best and brightest talent, the Crows will have Stefan Jarman as a potential F/S pick locked away! :)

Nah, GC will have the rights to any clubs potential F/S options for 45 years.

I was watching the son of an ex-very famous Brions player over the last couple of years and while it may be too early to say, said son is clearly not interested in Aussie Rules (prefers soccer :eek:)! No FS there me thinks and I reckon Dad would be a tad disappointed (not to mention the Brions).

Darren's son could play for Hawthorn also. Maybe they will change the rule so onyl the fist qulaified club can pick the player:p

Nice thing to look forward to with these boys should it ever occur. If it doesn't no-one is going to complain. The kids can chose their own futures, but chances were always going to be that they would love footy.

So what happens there now with Hawks and Crows? Do they both bid first round picks for him and the lowest pick gets it or does the kid still have a choice between the clubs?

So what happens there now with Hawks and Crows? Do they both bid first round picks for him and the lowest pick gets it or does the kid still have a choice between the clubs?
I believe the kid has a choice and then that team takes on the other 15 teams on the first day of trading in an auction.

Whatever the other 15 teams bid (whether its 1st rounder, or not bidding at all) the Crows or Hawks have to match with there next pick.

Darren's son could play for Hawthorn also. Maybe they will change the rule so onyl the fist qulaified club can pick the player:p

Nice thing to look forward to with these boys should it ever occur. If it doesn't no-one is going to complain. The kids can chose their own futures, but chances were always going to be that they would love footy.

Whilst Jarman's sons are eligible for both clubs, the kids themselves have the luxury of choosing which club they wish to play for. They also have the option of putting themselves into the draft if they don't wish to play for either club.

From the sounds of it though, the boys all sound eager to play for the Crows, so I don't think we have too much to worry about in that regard.

I believe the kid has a choice and then that team takes on the other 15 teams on the first day of trading in an auction.

Whatever the other 15 teams bid (whether its 1st rounder, or not bidding at all) the Crows or Hawks have to match with there next pick.

Spot on.

Bookmark this.
When it comes to the time, the filth from Port will nominate a first round draft pick for each of these kids. Simply to force the Crows to use that pick as they know that AAMI would be burnt to the ground with the admin inside if any of these boys ended up playing for Port.
Typical, Geelong get a team full of champs for third round picks, our F/S selections end up being first rounders. God I hate the AFL!

Typical, Geelong get a team full of champs for third round picks, our F/S selections end up being first rounders. God I hate the AFL!

Ignoring the first part of the post....:rolleyes:. Surely you would accept that the Geelong situation was/is a farce and the new rules are better?

Just hope one or more of these boys develop as you would hope for and the AFC actually finally get a genuine F/S pick.

However, as a few of the cynics have suggested, I wouldn't hold my breath - as soon as non-interstate clubs start getting an even footing vis a vis the F/S rules, then surely the rule will need to be scrapped...

From the sounds of it though, the boys all sound eager to play for the Crows, so I don't think we have too much to worry about in that regard.
Spot on.

As long as Neil Kerley stays out of negotiations!;)

As far as the first round v thrid round picks go, I think that the new system is fairer and therefore can't complain if any FS picks we have will take a first rounder to snare.

Remember by then we will be winning the Premiership every year with Tippett booting 200 goals a year and so it will only be pick 18 (Port's concessions picks added on) anyway.:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back