• Stephen Hill

Votes: 92 83.6%
  • Allen Christensen

Votes: 18 16.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

and yet Christensen already has the better career averages right across the board :rolleyes:

Not only is Christensen now on the same level, but he's played 60 fewer matches too. Classic case of flashy v classy workhorse
Hill is already a few years into getting tagged. Hill is just about the best(maybe the best) metres gained player in the comp, and not by bombing it forward, he is a very very quality ball user.

If you think Hill is just flashy then you don't watch enough Freo games, he is a star who is getting better week by week at dealing with a tag. I do rate Christensen btw but he just has lots of work to do to get to Hill standard, basic stats don't tell the story.

Hill is already a few years into getting tagged.

doesn't get tagged as regularly as you think. Christensen is similar to Kelly, not recognized as much as what he should given Selwood, Johnson and Stokes are currently at the top of their games.
Hill I have watched closely like all footy fans who are addicted to this sport and while he's a line breaking outside midfielder, he's yet to elevate his game to an elite bracket level.
To suggest Motlop is a more obvious poll comparison is surprising. One plays predominately wing while the other has played predominantly as a forward before moving into midfield rotations.

doesn't get tagged as regularly as you think. Christensen is similar to Kelly, not recognized as much as what he should given Selwood, Johnson and Stokes are currently at the top of their games.
Hill I have watched closely like all footy fans who are addicted to this sport and while he's a line breaking outside midfielder, he's yet to elevate his game to an elite bracket level.
To suggest Motlop is a more obvious poll comparison is surprising. One plays predominately wing while the other has played predominantly as a forward before moving into midfield rotations.
8-3 mate, just admit you were wrong.

8-3 mate, just admit you were wrong.

ummm, it's not about right or wrong coppo, it is about one player being underrated and another a little overrated and this is my opinion only. Why you are taking it so personal and feel the need to make a poll (which is anonymously set by the way ;)) kind of suggests you are not exactly sure yourself.

Have said what I think and yes, Christensen is at the same level as that of Hill, and with less experience to his name, I feel as though Bundy has more upside in his game too.

He doesn't get the main tag most of the time(did 2012/13) but every single week he has a player sit on him and run with him when he is playing on the outside.

And yes i think Motlop is a good comparison. When Motlop plays midfield he plays as predominantly an outside mid as does Hill, but both have worked hard on their inside game in recent times and play out of the centre square regularly. Motlop will eventually play a more permanent midfield/wing role and will get the same tag/run with treatment that Hill does when he is playing on a wing(not so much when they play inside as there are better options to tag, which is why they have to develop there inside game).

23-4

I went with Hill because he's the player i'd prefer to have given his fantastic kicking, line breaking pace and running capacity. That said Christensen is a bloody good player who is probably a superior ball winner, has a lot of creativity and flair. I think most people will go with Hill because his attributes are more rare and help balance out a list better.

it's a landslide, must be official.

Right time of the year for a poll too, given all the Geelong hatred with the umpires and securing the top 4 and all, so no doubt BigFooty are the right kind of judges ;)
We'll keep tabs on each players progress over the coming months, like I say, you'll be quietly surprised just how good Bundy is.

Hill is probably the exact type of player that Geelong could do with this season.

Geelong have been improved with Christensen back in the side. I'd take his mark between two Collingwood players in the '11 GF before I'd take most things from most other players. He can butcher the ball quite a bit and gets knocked out a lot.

I'd take Hill at this point in time although we don't see enough of his best.

Poor poll, different players.

May as well ask Buddy vs Hill. Both tall rangy flankers / wingers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hill easily

christensen was looking ok a couple of years ago unfortunately he has fallen for the geelong culture of staging for frees !!

Christensen is a good AFL player, at best. Solid is probably the bracket I'd put him under. Hill is speed mixed with class, while I am happy with Rich, it turned out to be a solid decision to take Hill in the 2008 draft. I'd take Hill by a solid margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back