pavsbootlace

Cancelled
Dec 30, 2011
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle
I can't watch the whole thing, it's hurting my ears. But i do like the line, "Every time he gets the ball you know that s**t gets real".

Jul 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Alright, I know this will be taken with a pinch of salt but it is something to consider. Bradley Hill's roommate has said that at the end Stephen's contract the Hawks will make a play at him. This is off the back of Brad wanting to get a bit more money and coming back to play with his brother. Hawthorn duly give more money and have asked for a figure for Stephen for which Hawthorn have said they'll match.

Of course this completely relies on the trustworthiness of Hawthorn, Brad and his roommate. Also, Freo would only need to match whatever he's offered.

Do stress this sounds tabloid-esque, but I can confirm Brad and his roommate are close mates.

Plus remember when Paul Roos apparently bought a house in Wembley? Melbourne is darn far from North of the river. So willing and hoping what I've been told is wrong.

this post is confusing me, so because brad wants more coin and wants to play with his brother hawthorn are going to try and lure stephen?

Mar 17, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Rockets
I can't watch the whole thing, it's hurting my ears. But i do like the line, "Every time he gets the ball you know that s**t gets real".

Seppo

stephenhillbanner.jpg

Jimmy S

Rookie
Aug 28, 2012
P-Town!
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Would've thought Brad would be looking at moving to Freo if he wants to play with his brother? Given they are WA boys?

But then Brad only recently extended his contract at Hawthorn... So doesn't make much sense...

May 11, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
this post is confusing me, so because brad wants more coin and wants to play with his brother hawthorn are going to try and lure stephen?
Brad wanted more coin and was saying to Hawthorn he was looking about coming back home, mainly to play with his brother yet also a bit two birds with one stone sort of scenario. Hawthorn offers him the money he probably would of gotten had he actually made the crossover, so that nips that. Then Hawthorn apparently asked if Stephen would have a ballpark figure, they got given it and are ready to aggressively pursue him once free agency kicks in. Of course the Hawks wouldn't just pursue our Stephen on the behalf of Brad, after all he is a damn good player and any team would love to have him.

But this info is tenuous a best, since it's source is from the roommate of Bradley Hill.

Would've thought Brad would be looking at moving to Freo if he wants to play with his brother? Given they are WA boys?

But then Brad only recently extended his contract at Hawthorn... So doesn't make much sense...

Apparently the coin he recently just got from his extension, was linked to him wanting to come home to play with his brother plus get more coin. Hawthorn gives him the coin and asks if they can get Stephen to Victoria. It isn't that confusing really, it's almost like Brad asked for something and Hawthorn went 'If you want to play with him, why can't we get him? Instead of you leaving?'.

Last edited:

Jimmy S

Rookie
Aug 28, 2012
P-Town!
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Apparently the coin he recently just got from his extension, was linked to him wanting to come home to play with his brother plus get more coin. Hawthorn gives him the coin and asks if they can get Stephen to Victoria. It isn't that confusing really, it's almost like Brad asked for something and Hawthorn went 'If you want to play with him, why can't we get him? Instead of you leaving?'.

That makes more sense! I didn't realise this was pre Brad getting the extension at Hawthorn... I would also expect many teams will be chasing Stephen, and I sure hope he resigns here before they get a chance as Mundy and Fyfe did this year already!

clogged

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Apr 4, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Taken the game on is the bit that has shown he has stepped up from last year.

Nothing irked me more when he could have had a crack but then he would hesitate and look to pass it off.

Could be destined for a top 5 finish in the B&F.
Good call.

Considering he missed as many games as Fyfe, finishing where he did is very impressive. Could well have finished second had he played all games.

Has gone past Mundy and is now the second best mid at the club.

pavsbootlace

Cancelled
Dec 30, 2011
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Good call.

Considering he missed as many games as Fyfe, finishing where he did is very impressive. Could well have finished second had he played all games.

Has gone past Mundy and is now the second best mid at the club.

Mundy only just shaded Barlow in the Doig count despite playing 5 more games. Barlow received 10.8 votes per game to Mundy's 9.1 .

I'd suggest Mundy was our 4th best mid in 2014. (5th if you include daylight)

clogged

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Apr 4, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Mundy only just shaded Barlow in the Doig count despite playing 5 more games. Barlow received 10.8 votes per game to Mundy's 9.1 .

I'd suggest Mundy was our 4th best mid in 2014. (5th if you include daylight)
Good point. Didn't look at votes per game.

No wonder the side struggled to make an impact this season. The most senior mid, who until this year was level pegging with Fyfe, was ordinary.

Freo

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2009
Somewhere between Preston Point and Bicton Baths
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Lakers
Nice to see. I thought you had it in for Hilly in this and a prior guise.

The other thing that has changed is that teams have stupidly been paying more attention to Fyfe than Hilly when selecting who to tag. Hilly's contested, tackling and inside work has taken another step up... and that's made him harder to shut down than in past years, when all the tagger had to do was to stay with him and keep him from picking up outside possessions.

His confidence is up, which is a huge thing for him. The talent has always been there... the self belief looked like it was on hiatus for a while, when he was being perma-tagged. I think teams will start switching their tag back to him
The thing is when teams don't start with a hard tag on Fyfe he takes the game away from you in the first quarter.
Like Ross said, you choose your poison.

I for one couldn't be prouder of what the once shy young S Hill is achieving and I too have no doubt the sibling rivalry is what has finally put things into perspective for him. His pissant little brother showing him up. You can see in the interviews with Brad he's a cheeky little so and so and he jokes about Stephen always being better but he reckons he's catching up. Perspective. If my little brother can kick ass in the AFL then I bloody well can too.
That and the gun mids we have now spreading the attention of the opposition.

Nice to see some credit from Clay who I believe once called me a mediocrity accepting sycophant for suggesting Hill might need a bit of time to mature.
totally agree, great post.

Freo

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2009
Somewhere between Preston Point and Bicton Baths
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Lakers
Nice to see. I thought you had it in for Hilly in this and a prior guise.

The other thing that has changed is that teams have stupidly been paying more attention to Fyfe than Hilly when selecting who to tag. Hilly's contested, tackling and inside work has taken another step up... and that's made him harder to shut down than in past years, when all the tagger had to do was to stay with him and keep him from picking up outside possessions.

His confidence is up, which is a huge thing for him. The talent has always been there... the self belief looked like it was on hiatus for a while, when he was being perma-tagged. I think teams will start switching their tag back to him if they haven't already. But with the confidence he's built and the extra strings he's added to his bow it mightn't have the same impact it would have in past years.
Great post.

Back