Retired Stephen Milne

Remove this Banner Ad

Code:
Pos Number Player       Age    Games    Price          2009            2008            2007       
                        DT      SC       Played DT Avg    SC Avg    Played    DT Avg     SC Avg    Played    DT Avg     SC Avg
FWD 44 MILNE, Stephen    30    188    $326,500 $391,500 23    71.5    73.7    24    70.9    69.9    22    61.9    59.8

Milne looks set to kick his 400th this year.

He's had a great preseason kicking a few great snap goals as we know he loves to do.

I think his job security might not be too good. Not that he doesn't deserve his spot in the side but bad games will get him dropped and playing in the reserves to get back.

I hope he can stay at the top level. He is a great player to watch and isn't over the hill quite yet.

Fine work by the tiprat this arvo. Dropped a few marks he should've held, was denied a few free kicks he should've got and a tad over-zealous with the bum-patting, but a great response.

She's a good 'un. She's upset that she will miss watching the Saints v Richmond live as she is going to school concert with youngest daughter.
Says I can stay home and watch it though :thumbsu: :cool:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/saints-joker-leads-the-pack-20100603-x70b.html

At the beginning of 2005, St Kilda called for nominations to its player leadership group. To the surprise of some, perennial joker Stephen Milne put his hand up. The response wasn't exactly overwhelming. Indeed, when the numbers were counted, Milne had received just one vote.

Five years down the track, Milne is still to crack it for a spot in the leadership group. At 30, that chance has probably gone. But so has the issue been rendered largely irrelevant. Because with or without that official recognition, Milne is delivering leadership in spades at a time it's most required.

In seven games since Riewoldt came a cropper, it's Milne, not Riewoldt's key-position partner Justin Koschitzke, who has been the Saints' go-to man. He's been the forward-line target 38 times in that period to Koschitzke's 34.

Milne is due to play his 200th game against Fremantle in round 12. Two more goals and he'll crack the 400 mark. It's a feat achieved by only 80 players in 114 seasons.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/saints-joker-leads-the-pack-20100603-x70b.html

At the beginning of 2005, St Kilda called for nominations to its player leadership group. To the surprise of some, perennial joker Stephen Milne put his hand up. The response wasn't exactly overwhelming. Indeed, when the numbers were counted, Milne had received just one vote.

Five years down the track, Milne is still to crack it for a spot in the leadership group. At 30, that chance has probably gone. But so has the issue been rendered largely irrelevant. Because with or without that official recognition, Milne is delivering leadership in spades at a time it's most required.

In seven games since Riewoldt came a cropper, it's Milne, not Riewoldt's key-position partner Justin Koschitzke, who has been the Saints' go-to man. He's been the forward-line target 38 times in that period to Koschitzke's 34.

Milne is due to play his 200th game against Fremantle in round 12. Two more goals and he'll crack the 400 mark. It's a feat achieved by only 80 players in 114 seasons.

Grant Thomas in the same article:
''I think he's doing a good job and I think he's maturing, and I think by the time he's about 55, he should have the level of maturity to get the most out of his ability,'' he quipped yesterday.

****head.

Personally I think that there are two guys in particular (excluding Roo) who are pulling the Saints towards a premiership more than any other - Lenny and Milney. Milne has been amazing this year. Nigh unstoppable, absolutely reliable and unselfish. He's got the hunger, and he's having his best season ever.

Milney ... has the sit ... gets the ride ... and punches?

225543.jpg

This new Milney is taking some time to adjust to!

2012 End of Season Review
AFL Games: 22
AFL Goals: 56 (Highest at St Kilda)
AFL Kicks Per Match: 9.9
AFL Hand-passes Per Match: 2.5
AFL Marks Per Match: 3.7
AFL Tackles Per Match: 2.1

Saints goal sneak Stephen Milne enjoyed another brilliant year in 2012. The crumbing forward booted his 500th goal and played in his 250th game in what was a fantastic season for the 32 year old. Milne was also named in the forward pocket for the All-Australian Team in 2012, a well-earned accolade for a player that has been under-rated by many ‘experts’. Milne has not been held goal-less in the last 33 games and has kicked at least 45 goals in his past 5 seasons.
It is beyond doubt that Stephen Milne will go down in history books as one of the best small forwards of all time. It seems that age does not affect the quality of Milne’s football, he has been great all throughout the year. Milne will look to maintain his brilliance and consistency in 2013.
Season Rating: 8.5/10

Not sure if anyone here is interested. But Milney helped my local team Strath Storm to its first ever premiership today. He started the day on 95 goals for the season and bought up his 100th in the last quarter on his way to a 6 goal effort. The crowd ran onto the ground to congratulate the champ when his 100th sailed through

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back