Toast Stephen Wells

Remove this Banner Ad

Then you missed the point. Which was: that it's hard to argue that Dunstan was a one man band (as YPO was) in St Kilda's midfield when he could do no better than eighth in disposals per game at the club.

Feels like we're going round in circles here.

Depends on how people value it, I guess. Because it would seem like we have a fairly wide range of values on Dunstan's 2014 season in this thread.
Then you missed the point. Which was: that it's hard to argue that Dunstan was a one man band (as YPO was) in St Kilda's midfield when he could do no better than eighth in disposals per game at the club.

Depends on how people value it, I guess. Because it would seem like we have a fairly wide range of values on Dunstan's 2014 season in this thread.

How do you turn good numbers into one man band,stick to the facts,I hever said that at all.

How do you turn good numbers into one man band,stick to the facts,I hever said that at all.

It's fair to say it's easier to be picked in a rubbish side but the other side of the coin is it's also more difficult to keep putting up good numbers week in week out with out quality support especially for a young first year player coming up against the best in the country playing in a poor side.I don't see the Saint Kilda angle diminishes his numbers at all I think it enhances them.

Hayes, Montagna, Steven, Armitage. All quality AFL midfielders. And all of whom would have commanded a lot more attention from the opposition than Luke Dunstan last year.

It's one thing to forget about what I have written numerous times about a specific issue (e.g. Varcoe), quite another to forget what you wrote 24 hours ago.

They've gone for all midfielder types pretty much. Scotty said in an interview after the draft they felt they traded in enough talls and KP types so that's why they didn't feel the need to go for any in the draft. But I can't help but feel Stanley swapped for pick 21 who ended up being Hugh Goddard is seriously going to bite them on the bum in the future. Oh well, nothing we can do about it. Just have to wait and see how these guys go. I bid them all welcome to the Cattery, and wish them the best as they start an amazing opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You and me! you jumped on when you had a look!....and Dean Gore at P55, ....yeah we knew all the time didn't we? :D
Can he have Varcoe's old number?

BTW…the Gore pick at 55 is a steal as well. A lot of pundits had him going much higher…even in the early 30's.

Also happy with Cunico at 59…..averaged 23 possessions in the TAC at 74% DE and 7th in the Combine beep test. Rated much higher then 59 by draft pundits.

BTW…the Gore pick at 55 is a steal as well. A lot of pundits had him going much higher…even in the early 30's.

Also happy with Cunico at 59…..averaged 23 possessions in the TAC at 74% DE and 7th in the Combine beep test. Rated much higher then 59 by draft pundits.

Quite frankly I didn't know much about Cunico, but I've just looked at his possessions and marking numbers too and it's seriously good if not brilliant.
He's going to need to build up but heck!... he doesn't mind getting his own ball.

If you haven't seen the video of Gregson go have a look and tell me if you think McCarthy's future is safe. Seriosly fast and agile small, might be a Steve Milne type. I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Sort of short, but no one could catch him, then he'd throw in a sidestep and he's back in the open again, it had me laughing.
If we can only mature that talent he could be a real player in time.
He's very evasive, isn't he? I hope it translates well into AFL footy- I think we've seen a few of ours who are experts at avoiding the tackle pre-AFL (Murdoch, Smedts) but have had to learn other techniques once they get caught a few times at AFL level and realise the more canny older players won't fall for their bags of tricks.

Rainfall was keen- said he knew the young champ.
I'd not heard of him before that.

Well she got it right tonight.
He's very evasive, isn't he? I hope it translates well into AFL footy- I think we've seen a few of ours who are experts at avoiding the tackle pre-AFL (Murdoch, Smedts) but have had to learn other techniques once they get caught a few times at AFL level and realise the more canny older players won't fall for their bags of tricks.

I thought "what's he gone and done now P47? Gregson?....but he's got some serious tow going on there, and those little strong legs can turn on a dime.
Steven Milne could cut you up and this guy looks similar to me, quicker than Ballantyne, and once on a run holds pace well.
Could play FP or HFF and run the ball in like grease lightening. Interesting pick.

If you got one man band out of that good luck to you, NSFB was right your more interested in the argument than the subject simple because your wrong Dunstan right now is better than Lang,except it and move on.
I was right at something.:eek:

Don't tell my mum, she's always telling me I'm wrong;):D

I tell you what !!!...........I GOT IT RIGHT, SPOT ON THIS YEAR!....NAKIA COCKATOO!!!!!.....THE COCKY, YOU BEAUTY!
What'd you win Meto? The meat tray?

Tickets next to TV at the Copeland trophy;) (Too soon?):p

Anyway I like the look of him:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back