Injury Steve Johnson - foot soreness

Remove this Banner Ad

This is going to sound callous but if it means he spends more time up forward. It's not the end of the world IMO.
Boobs.
You are a broken meto on this.

What do you think forwards do? Just hang inside the forward 50 and chat about the smell wafting from the pie stand?

It's all about making the hawks question if he'll be right.
Relax.

:D

Neale should've been suspended for headbutting Stevie's foot with extreme force.
Actually Stevie never made contact with his foot to Neale, he hit him with his leg. I don't think we should perpetuate this lie that's going around that he kicked him with his foot. To me that's worse than what he did. He knocked him with his lower leg, his boot never touched Neale.

Also, according to reports Stevies right foot is sore, and he hit Neale with his left lower leg. What would be funny is if there isn't really an injury and he's just trolling us all.

Boobs.

What do you think forwards do? Just hang inside the forward 50 and chat about the smell wafting from the pie stand?
Yeah I know and don't care honestly, enough people obviously agree with me in some capacity. You can't honestly tell me Hawkins and other forwards run as much as Stevie J and Selwood do now? If he's got a foot issue you don't want him running 16-20ks a match but he still has something offer in the side as a forward.

Actually Stevie never made contact with his foot to Neale, he hit him with his leg. I don't think we should perpetuate this lie that's going around that he kicked him with his foot. To me that's worse than what he did. He knocked him with his lower leg, his boot never touched Neale.

Also, according to reports Stevies right foot is sore, and he hit Neale with his left lower leg. What would be funny is if there isn't really an injury and he's just trolling us all.
I thought it was a brush of his leg, too, BNF, but all the national rags are trumpeting it as a "kick in the head".
People are going to believe what they read in the papers, unfortunately, and half of the reporters writing the articles probably didn't even watch the game.

i would imagine its a precaution. Ethihad is a hard surface thats unforgiving. Given that you have Hawthorn on the G in a week, and you have a 6 day break this week, Id imagine youre keeping him on ice for the game you really need him for.

Yeah I know and don't care honestly, enough people obviously agree with me in some capacity. You can't honestly tell me Hawkins and other forwards run as much as Stevie J and Selwood do now? If he's got a foot issue you don't want him running 16-20ks a match but he still has something offer in the side as a forward.

A key part of Johnno's success as a forward was his mobility, ie the fact that he ran and ran and ran, generally burning off his HBF opponent eventually. If he plays there with a sore foot, this will limit his options.
For mine, if he's fit enough to play, he should play in the middle, where he's currently most effective in our overall structure.
And people need to remember he's only had 2 poor games in a row, before then he was racking them up as usual.
But if there's any risk of further injury, it's a no-brainer to rest him. If he's not at or near his best for the finals our already under-manned midfield will be in even worse shape than it is already, relative to the good sides.

Boobs.

Your on to something there Vinum,Wade,Brownless,Hawkins,you don't get that size on a Ryvita with lettuce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's how I played down there....

Probably explains why I was a much better defender :D

Where's the mystery in that, NSFB? You're ruining a perfectly good conspiracy here!! ;)
I'm sorry... I'll exit stage right then??

If he misses against Carlton why are we surprised, I thought he'd do something stupid to Crowley and be rubbed out anyway:p

Sorry to hear your taste buds aren't working.:p

Seriously, just thought the general tenor of the post was a tad pessimistic that's all.
It's all in the eye of the beholder. Nothing intentionally pessimistic at all. Really the reverse.
Human nature - once the anxiety and seriousness of an injury has been excluded by good scan reports etc- things seem to feel dramatically better.

Last edited:
Let's hope its not the Navicular bone
View attachment 73221

26 bones in the foot and you pick that one = 9 months, if ever.
Usually it's a stress fracture to Navicular (pulling over time and felt in the lead up).
Unless stomped on by some great weight (now which purple freak could do that?)

Hopefully the most common- midfoot or ligament sprain
If not 5th metatarsal due to ankle roll - but we did't see that occur in the game.

What we did see in the last quarter was an attempted speccie in front of goal,
with height, unsuccessful with poor landing.

Jeebus he's been in the wars, battered from pillar to post, can't say Stevie J hasn't
earned his pay - and an arthritic old age.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back