Injury Steve Johnson - foot soreness

Remove this Banner Ad

It a furphy, perfectly timed by Geelong to take the heat off Johnson. He will miss this week and be ready for Hawthorn the following week. Wouldn't surprise me if they drop half the side for the Brisbane game. Johnson is a terrible actor, watching him drive away from news crews with a huge smile on his face was gold. The most he's done here is stub his toe.

It a furphy, perfectly timed by Geelong to take the heat off Johnson. He will miss this week and be ready for Hawthorn the following week. Wouldn't surprise me if they drop half the side for the Brisbane game. Johnson is a terrible actor, watching him drive away from news crews with a huge smile on his face was gold. The most he's done here is stub his toe.

Turf toe can be seriously painful for a footballer......

Or they're taking him away from temptation so he's fresh for the Hawks instead of suspended?
I think they have decided to rest him and exaggerated an injury problem as the excuse instead of going through the process of explaining a cooling off period. There is no doubt it is the right decision, i am sure this has resulted from discussions between player and coach and we all know how coy Neil Balme can be with regards to info about injuries. Balme is so good at this i reckon he could convince his own parents he is illegitimate! The Cats can't miss the top 4, it's just a matter of where they play in the first week of September. Their motivation against Hawthorn will be determined on the the Freo V Hawks game Sunday, if the Hawks lose then finishing 1st or 2nd is a real possibility and i reckon they will go for that. Carlton won't be easy, but i expect a good showing at Etihad this Friday.

I think they have decided to rest him and exaggerated an injury problem as the excuse instead of going through the process of explaining a cooling off period. There is no doubt it is the right decision, i am sure this has resulted from discussions between player and coach and we all know how coy Neil Balme can be with regards to info about injuries. Balme is so good at this i reckon he could convince his own parents he is illegitimate! The Cats can't miss the top 4, it's just a matter of where they play in the first week of September. Their motivation against Hawthorn will be determined on the the Freo V Hawks game Sunday, if the Hawks lose then finishing 1st or 2nd is a real possibility and i reckon they will go for that. Carlton won't be easy, but i expect a good showing at Etihad this Friday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

or, in other acronyms, KISS.

Sorry can't agree JF,they're all big boys no secrete naughty corners at his level,if Johno's fit he plays,I'd rather some one like Motlop give the knee a weeks break than reward Johnson with a cushy afternoon in the box,given of cause you think he has done something wrong in the first place.

Footy games are like the layers of an onion, Fred. We all know Scott likes to play tricky buggers with the last minute player "ins" and the occasional positional changes, etc. Why would you think Stevie J's apparent injury could be simplified? ;)

Why would you think it should be complicated by erecting some giant fantastical conspiracy theory on top of it?
I think it's likely that he has a sore foot.
I think it likely that this is why the club says he's got a sore foot.
I think it likely that this is why the club has said it's sent him for 2 lots of scans.
I think it likely that if they wanted to rest him this week they would just leave him out and say "Managed".
I think it likely that if they want to punish him by leaving him out, they would say so, in order to maximise the effect.
As far as I'm aware, here is absolutely no evidence whatever for any proposition except that he has a sore foot.

PS and after the upcoming press conference, we'll all know.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would you think it should be complicated by erecting some giant fantastical conspiracy theory on top of it?
I think it's likely that he has a sore foot.
I think it likely that this is why the club says he's got a sore foot.
I think it likely that this is why the club has said it's sent him for 2 lots of scans.
I think it likely that if they wanted to rest him this week they would just leave him out and say "Managed".
I think it likely that if they want to punish him by leaving him out, they would say so, in order to maximise the effect.
As far as I'm aware, here is absolutely no evidence whatever for any proposition except that he has a sore foot.

PS and after the upcoming press conference, we'll all know.;)
I agree that he would simply have a sore foot, Fred, but concocting fantastical stories about all the other stuff is just a bit of fun.
How else could we get to page 6 if we didn't make stuff up?
;)

I agree that he would simply have a sore foot, Fred, but concocting fantastical stories about all the other stuff is just a bit of fun.
How else could we get to page 6 if we didn't make stuff up?
;)

Oh yes, making stuff occasionally up is fun. For all normal people, anyway. It can, however, be a bit of an issue for people who seldom or never do anything else, and for those who don't even realise they're doing it. :rolleyes:

No doubt, the only problem is the complete and utter absence of a single skerrick of evidence for your "theory".
There is no evidence for any of our theories on here, it's all subjective. The evidence is very clear however that in the past two weeks Stevie J has found himself in trouble and we're fast approaching the championship rounds. Now, would you like to have Stevie J playing in the big games in September or have him sitting in the stands because of another indiscretion? All i'm saying is it looks like cooler heads have prevailed and decided that Stevie J needs to be 'managed' this week. Johnson is a champion footballer, but he is bloody hopeless at the he man stuff and he does get sucked in, his opposition know it. Carlton have nothing to lose this week, they would most certainly target and antagonise Johnson, the following week is a bit different as Hawthorn players don't want to risk a suspension either. I wouldn't play him against Brisbane in the final round, in fact i would follow the Freo lead from last year and rest at least 6 maybe 8 players for that game. Again it's all subjective isn't it?

All i'm saying is it looks like cooler heads have prevailed and decided that Stevie J needs to be 'managed' this week. Johnson is a champion footballer, but he is bloody hopeless at the he man stuff and he does get sucked in, his opposition know it. Carlton have nothing to lose this week, they would most certainly target and antagonise Johnson, the following week is a bit different as Hawthorn players don't want to risk a suspension either.
I assume you are from Roswell, JackFlash? You have an extremely active imagination - I hope you are putting it to good use for the benefit of society.

Maybe, just maybe, Stevie has a sore hoof.

There is no evidence for any of our theories on here, it's all subjective. The evidence is very clear however that in the past two weeks Stevie J has found himself in trouble and we're fast approaching the championship rounds. Now, would you like to have Stevie J playing in the big games in September or have him sitting in the stands because of another indiscretion? All i'm saying is it looks like cooler heads have prevailed and decided that Stevie J needs to be 'managed' this week. Johnson is a champion footballer, but he is bloody hopeless at the he man stuff and he does get sucked in, his opposition know it. Carlton have nothing to lose this week, they would most certainly target and antagonise Johnson, the following week is a bit different as Hawthorn players don't want to risk a suspension either. I wouldn't play him against Brisbane in the final round, in fact i would follow the Freo lead from last year and rest at least 6 maybe 8 players for that game. Again it's all subjective isn't it?

Just plain bloody wrong. There is overwhelming, uncontradicted evidence that he has a sore foot.

Caddy won't be the sub this week so that gives us some good inside work in the middle of the ground. McCarthy is a good possibility to come in for Johnson and he has the ability to rotate through midfield, and the exclusion of Johnson does give us a little extra foot speed across the field.

The Hun is reporting Yarran as 'available' this week, so some extra foot speed might be handy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back