Steven Gerrard

Remove this Banner Ad

All you needed was 1 point to win the league.

He slipped and bottled it when trying to play hero instead of doing the smart thing.

Conveniently ignoring the fact that the same player helped win us numerous points beforehand. Only a fool thinks a league season is lost in one game.

Henry bottled it in the 2006 CL Final.
Scraping the barrel a bit.

I'm sure he is content with his WC win and various PL titles and FA cups.

Won some stuff at Barca as well.

Big stage, I'm sure it's not the first time players have targeted him physically, he didn't cope with it.

See the previous 3 pages of this thread.
I wouldn't call that bottling.

No need to say things out of spite because everyone except you and jod agree with what's being said.

Not sure why people are getting upset by saying that Gerrard has bottled it on big occasions before.

It happened, it's no big deal. It's just the way it is. Doesn't mean that he hasn't been a good player, or that he's never performed on the big stage.

I wouldn't call that bottling.

No need to say things out of spite because everyone except you and jod agree with what's being said.

Not at all. I love Henry, but it happened. I'm sure he stood up in some other big games. Has everyone else been acting out of spite when they've called out Gerrard for bottling it over the last few pages? Just opinions, some are right, some are wrong. Anyway, time to move on to another thread; this one's going down the gurgler again.

Jealousy allegations now? * me, what next?

Jealous of what? Being him? Not having him play for our club? Not being able to get in his pants?

I couldn't give a * about him. Good player, great career, had some great moments (as well as plenty of laughs!) but there were many others as good as or better during his time.

Does anyone really care either? Aside of course from the small Liverpool 'you must bow down to your new overlord' section here.

I mean, who really gives a s**t about this stuff?

Last edited:
"Best Big game player" jesus freaking christ what a stupid statement- he's had some good games but some shockers as well.

Silverware on the line he's made crucial mistakes, in 'random league games' against top four rivals/title rivals with huge ramifications on the race he's made crucial mistakes.

If I had a big game tomorrow Stevie would not be the first name on my teamsheet- especially based on his last half dozen years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Best Big game player" jesus freaking christ what a stupid statement- he's had some good games but some shockers as well.

Silverware on the line he's made crucial mistakes, in 'random league games' against top four rivals/title rivals with huge ramifications on the race he's made crucial mistakes.

If I had a big game tomorrow Stevie would not be the first name on my teamsheet- especially based on his last half dozen years.

Wouldn't be on my teamsheet at all, including bench and squad.

There isn't a single footballer anywhere that hasn't bottled it in a big game no matter who they are.

In terms of winning finals of his own boot Gerrard would have to be one of the best in the modern era.

Shame he never had 10 other players around him.

As usual, we can look to The Simpsons to best summarise the attempts to obtain acknowledgement and jealousy etc from others in this thread:

And lets just add it's very arguable that Gerrard was MOTM in the CL final. Great goal to get them going but Hamann and Alonso were more influential in that match imo.
Some of the challenges that Gerrard made at RB when he was forced to move there where in incredible. Easily MOTM. Not to mention he won the penalty for the equaliser too.

Haha I too remember this. Stevie has had to put up with some absolute gash over the years. He just came on and had to win it all by himself because everyone around him is shite. It's why I always rate him higher than Lamps or Scholes, he had so much less to work with over his career.
Yet for years whenever anyone has compared Liverpool squad to one of the top ones you've always said the Liverpool one is better.

Yet for years whenever anyone has compared Liverpool squad to one of the top ones you've always said the Liverpool one is better.

I don't remember Jod saying our squad was better at all. It was more a case of Liverpool having 3 or 4 top quality players and the rest being shite thanks to Hicks & Co.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back