manboob

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
Jesus T**ty ******* Christ. 750 for 7 years... must be keen on the boy. And as others have said it's silly to let Moltop go just to turn around and pay Treloar the same. What do you want/expect from GWS?

GrizzlyCats

Debutant
Oct 8, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
IF Motlop leaves to GWS I would consider a trade for WHE and maybe something extra

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
And Bundy had to leave last year because he slept with every second woman in Geelong.
Honestly, it's remarkable that he slept with one woman let alone every second one.
373489-a72f1e6a-c158-11e4-9d92-97de7eaded95.jpg

Jun 2, 2006
Point Cook
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Supersonics, Greenbay
Honestly, it's remarkable that he slept with one woman let alone every second one.
373489-a72f1e6a-c158-11e4-9d92-97de7eaded95.jpg

Hey if I was a footy player in the AFL that won a GF on an amazing mark, I'd probably be banging everyone.
Maybe even you if you are lucky Manboob

strauchnyy

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Would be a monumental error to lose Motlop over 100k whilst wasting $ on lesser players like Henderson or scooter.

He's a top 5 or 6 player of the club at 24 and will become a top 2 or 3 in his prime as well as a top 20 player in the AFL.

Genuine match winners don't grow on trees.

I hope it's just the media, but according to reports it seems we are so indifferent to losing motlop and it's incredibly frustrating.

Jun 2, 2006
Point Cook
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Supersonics, Greenbay
Would be a monumental error to lose Motlop over 100k whilst wasting $ on lesser players like Henderson or scooter.

He's a top 5 or 6 player of the club at 24 and will become a top 2 or 3 in his prime as well as a top 20 player in the AFL.

I hope it's just the media, but according to reports it seems we are so indifferent to losing motlop and it's incredibly frustrating.

Yep, probably agree here. But, what is in the media isn't always correct. I'd prefer to have the Motlop that was playing on the weekend.
Gamebreaking ability 101.

Cool your jets. Be patient. There are no bad indications from anyone that matters.

We just cannot afford to lose him. It's equivalent to losing Duncan imo.

He and motlop are the next best tier after sel hawk and Taylor, and the clubs rebuild are being built around those key 6.

Those 6 are the most untouchable of the untouchables on our list.
Yep. But it's not time to panic.

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
He's an amazing player but not consistent enough IMO to be considered a "vital player".

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong

Don't think your last para applies to the club. Think the club is super keen to keep Mots. Just remember his custom is not to re-sign until sometime in August.

If he goes anywhere the Maggies are his most likely home in my view.

I wouldn't quibble at $600k nor do I think our club would either. As with most important contracts these days it's often the other requests that take the time to resolve.

Fingers crossed come sometime in August it'll be done.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
If we have the attitude of "we won't keep Motlop at any cost", and then go and get scooter and Henderson, well seriously...

Motlop just HAS TO STAY, he will only get better, is a match winner, and we won't be able to just replace him!!

Cmon catters, sign him up!!

Back