List Mgmt. Motlop: signed, sealed and delivered

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol
Where'd you get that name?

It's from a group of ADF mates, unsure if it's a community name for them. We meet up for a weekend, catch all Melbourne games. It's what we call them, as you know when you're hanging for them and bite in too quickly, the jam scolds you.

Maybe the contract negotiations are stalling over Cats TV... the club realises everything he touches on there is pure crap and want to stop that.. he thinks he is a TV star in the making and wants more air time!

:D

It's from a group of ADF mates, unsure if it's a community name for them. We meet up for a weekend, catch all Melbourne games. It's what we call them, as you know when you're hanging for them and bite in too quickly, the jam scolds you.
Yeah, I've been burnt so many times. The difference in temp between the doughnut and the jam gets me every time! :(
And I never seem to learn. :mad:

Anyone else think that the reason he is starting to play well again is that he has made up his mind? No idea what decision he has come to, but he seems to have freed up a bit in his play.
It is open to a lot of interpretation. One side he could be freed up with a decision already made, on the other hand he could be desperate to push Geelongs bid up by playing as well as he possibly can. Too many variables to actually get a read on it.

Three hot jam donuts on a cold day at Kardinia Park: $5

Brainwashing kids into supporting the Cats: priceless.

:D
My childhood brainwashing was far less subtle.

no TV or computer on weekends. If you're bored well we'll go to the footy. But we'll only go to the footy if you follow Geelong :p

My childhood brainwashing was far less subtle.

no TV or computer on weekends. If you're bored well we'll go to the footy. But we'll only go to the footy if you follow Geelong :p
mine was far less subtle

Barrack for Geelong or get out

mine was far less subtle

Barrack for Geelong or get out
haha Willo's kid if he decides not to follow Geelong.
giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For some reason, I have a bad feeling about the Motlop contract situation, and fear that he will not be with us next year.

I know some people have been encouraged by the fact that it has been reported that Motlop's manager has been talking to the Cats. But despite the fact that Chris Scott has spoken about how much Motlop enjoys being at the club, Scott's statement about everyone needing to fit into Geelong's TPP approach suggests to me Motlop is asking for a lot more.

For whatever reason, Steve comes across to me as someone who will be motivated more by money than loyalty to the club. I think he's going through the motions of having his manager negotiate with the Cats to seem like a "good guy", and thus end up leaving the club on reasonable terms. By being seen trying to negotiate with the club, when he leaves, he can say that he tried everything to stay, but just couldn't reach the right terms.

I hope I'm wrong and I'm doing Motlop an injustice by what I think, so I guess it just remains to see what happens.

The thing that gets me about the AFL website article about the players that are expected to be in the frame during the trade period and for whom Geelong is a front runner, is that one is reported to be commanding slightly less than Motlop in the open market (S.Selwood) and one is reported to be commanding significantly more (Henderson). And I'd take Motlop in a heartbeat over either of them. Unless he wanted to leave (and it wasn't due to us low-balling him), even if we got Dangerfield, Selwood, Henderson and Leuenberger, I'd be a bit disappointed if Motlop was a casualty. And he doesn't exactly seem to be doing a media blackout around this time, which suggests to me that he's happy to stay, as long as we make a competitive offer.

I've tried everything believe me, but they're more interested in music, animals and other avenues. Besides that, I don't believe in pushing kids into something they simply don't enjoy, as much as I'd love them to share that interest.

You are clearly a bad father. Children have the sole purpose that we can live vicariously through them.
Otherwise, what purpose do they fulfill. ;)

Some of us are too old to have had computers in our childhood :p

I wasn't too old. It was all high tech when I was a kid.

abacus.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back