Steven Trigg- Most Incompetent Administrator in AFL??

Tex Support

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Houston, UT Longhorns
I think Trigg's doing a great job at Carlton.

Ahhhhhh....

Omfg how many Blues threads do we need?

The main board has been bombarded with 50 new Carlton threads a day. FFS get over it

Each one is for you gillo.

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Is Steven Trigg the most incompetent club administrator ever in the AFL's modern history (from say 1987-)?? The guys is an arrogant smug Tom Bellend who continues to stuff up every time he speaks to the media and every decision he makes off the field. I cannot genuinely think of one single good decision he has made in his tenure at either the Crows or Blues that has benefited the club.

It astounds me that a proud and powerful club like Carlton would employ such an incompetent fool with no track record of off-field success. Surely the way he stuffed things up at Adelaide would've set warning signs off at Carlton.

Not even the most incompetent administrator at Carlton. That honor goes to the folks in charge in 1999-2002 that got us fined more than a million, dropped from several drafts, massively damaged the clubs reputation, and sentenced the club to the bottom of the ladder for a decade.

Porked04

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 3, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not even the most incompetent administrator at Carlton. That honor goes to the folks in charge in 1999-2002 that got us fined more than a million, dropped from several drafts, massively damaged the clubs reputation, and sentenced the club to the bottom of the ladder for a decade.
I appreciate that Carlton's admin late 1990's was disastrous. But surely this makes Trigg's appointment to Carlton all the more perplexing. Trigg was the responsible for the Crows receiving a $300,000 fine, loss of draft picks and damaged the club's reputation. Surely after all that Carlton went through they could do better than this............

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
I appreciate that Carlton's admin late 1990's was disastrous. But surely this makes Trigg's appointment to Carlton all the more perplexing. Trigg was the responsible for the Crows receiving a $300,000 fine, loss of draft picks and damaged the club's reputation. Surely after all that Carlton went through they could do better than this............

I was pretty firmly against Trigg taking over at Carlton, but so far he's not to blame for the issues facing the club.

Porked04

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 3, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I was pretty firmly against Trigg taking over at Carlton, but so far he's not to blame for the issues facing the club.
Certainly not blaming him for any of the issues facing Carlton at present, just cannot fathom why a man with no record of significant success and a history of major errors would get a job at one of the AFL's power clubs

- His reluctance to move to Adelaide Oval

Terrible point. He was the only one pointing out that the clubs were getting a bad deal, but Port were so desperate to say yes that a deal was rushed and took another year to actually get right

terribly debated though mate. we were actually the ones who kept having to scream about what a s**t deal we (both) had, you were too stubborn to see this. lol @ implying trigg was the messiah behind the move or the deal. we had to physically move away from footy park as soon as humanly possible regardless of whether the deal could be fixed up at the same time. in the end it worked brilliantly. really, everyone except blind crowbots knew that the deal wouldn't happen with the move and would take a long time. KT constantly spoke about how long and complicated it was. there was never going to be the impossibly quick fix you're pretending could have happened.

Dirty_banchez

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
No idea. But a guy who joined at the end of last season certainly isnt responsible for the events of last season is he?

You can't blame Trigg for the current crisis that is gripping Carlton. However, when Trigg does eventually stuff up, I will be waiting with my keyboard in hand to let the world know. Until then, I shall lurk the shadows.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Certainly not blaming him for any of the issues facing Carlton at present, just cannot fathom why a man with no record of significant success and a history of major errors would get a job at one of the AFL's power clubs

Probably has a lot to do with the public only knowing so much about what these guys actually do and their "skill level", in comparison to people who actually work with them on a day-to-day basis and are doing the hiring.

Tippett saga aside, I'm pretty sure the Crows were quite successful off-field under Trigg's watch. Grew to be one of the more financially stable and wealthy clubs in the league, with a solid, consistent membership base, and managed to afford major upgrades to their training facilities at West Lakes too.

blueboy25

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Perth, Tottenham
Did anyone say Danny Corcoran

Imagine hiring a guy that was heavily involved in salary cap cheating at your club including during a premiership year and then allowing him back over 15 years later at Jimmy Hird's request and then that little known supplement saga kicks off.

Nice work Danny.

No idea. But a guy who joined at the end of last season certainly isnt responsible for the events of last season is he?

You're obviously ruling out time travel as a viable option?

PrideOf

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 17, 2001
Here, obviously
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AFC
Trigg has engaged the fans a lot better than what Greg Swan ever did in his time at Carlton. I feel like I know a lot more what is happening at the club.
On that alone I have him ahead of Greg Swan.

He's also engaged with the Carlton faithful far better than he did at Adelaide - especially in the sunset of his appointment.

dragonsblues

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Trigg's appointment has been a breathe of fresh air for the club. He has been really proactive in trying to close the divide between the club and it's members.I feel like for the first time in a long time I know what is going on inside the club, what are the challenges we face and what we are hoping to do about it.

He has allocated considerable resources to revamp the membership department and from personal experience I can see a world of difference from my dealings with the membership department in Dec to now.

I also respect that Trigg has been paying respect to Princes Park and open to hosting a nab cup game there for example. This is still the heart and soul of the club and many are still upset about our departure.

Carlton isn't what it use to be and Trigg has his work cut out for him, but apart from the odd minor blooper, he has been a steady and transparent hand on the wheel.

Porked04

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 3, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Vintage Trigg atm, keeps f***ing things up at Carlton. He's completely clueles, the vision of him during Friday nights interview looking like a deer in the headlights whilst Carlton fans are yelling for Mick's head must really install confidence in Blues supporters

jegsteam

Debutant
Jun 17, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It sounds like he just meddles a bit too much in the football department side of things.

Sounds like he might be ok at the administration side of things but I think he needs a strong board to define the borders of his role and make sure he doesn't start micromanaging everyone

Oct 19, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Trigg has been the best thing for Carlton in decades. Completely turned the club around. Our club actually looks like they have a future thanks to Trigg.
The good things he's done at Carlton significantly outweigh the bad.

What exactly are they?

QWFRk.png

"Oh, he does so many things he never stops. Oh, the things he does there, my stars".

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Trigg has only stuffed up the crows so far. Cameron Schwab has done 3. He was CEO at 3 clubs: Richmond from 1993 to 1999, Frematle from 2002 to 2009 and Melbourne from 2010 to 2013. Tell me what placings those teams had under the ladder under his CEO years.

Back