Stevic - Seriously ?

Remove this Banner Ad

How can this guy umpire Hawthorn matches ?

He is pushing the boundaries of being a dead set cheat. Must be a Hawks supporter.

His reversal against Balantyne and non call against Lake for incorrect disposal or dropping the ball were disgraceful. I can't believe what I'm watching for him. Kept blowing them Hawthorns way against the Eagles early too.

Hawks deserve their dominance for being a great team but Stevic just makes a match look wrong. And it's a final FFS

Umpires have cost Freo two goals. Not a good look, especially in a low scoring goal. Hawthorn the better team so far though.

Absolutely they are the better team but the two I mentioned were huge momentum moments. Who knows what may or may not have happened.

Hawks get reamed by the umps = nothing to see here

Hawks get a fair run (with a few minor misses each way) = damn cheats!

I think it's more evident of how harsh we cop it, given any half decent umpiring is deemed to be favourable

Hawks seem to get a few 'fair runs' don't they?

Hawks get reamed by the umps = nothing to see here

Hawks get a fair run (with a few minor misses each way) = damn cheats!

I think it's more evident of how harsh we cop it, given any half decent umpiring is deemed to be favourable

When has Stevic reamed the Hawks ? I'm not criticising your team or calling them cheats this is looking straight at one Matt Stevic and saying enough FFS. Hawthorn as a team have my complete admiration. Minor misses might be a bit of a stretch.

I would like to see the stats of Stevic's decision making in hawks games but from the naked eye it certainly seems like nearly all of the 50:50 decisions he makes benefit the hawks

It is not 50/50's. The two teams were held to a completely different standard tonight. Freo players were getting dragged down all over the place and then Stevic pulled a few that were obviously not there ... dead in front of goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like to see the stats of Stevic's decision making in hawks games but from the naked eye it certainly seems like nearly all of the 50:50 decisions he makes benefit the hawks

Problem is that won't show the non calls or where on the ground they were paid. Naked eye is exactly where his umpiring just doesn't seem right.

It is not 50/50's. The two teams were held to a completely different standard tonight. Freo players were getting dragged down all over the place and then Stevic pulled a few that were obviously not there ... dead in front of goal.

Maybe you need approval to play unsociable footy. Other teams should look into it.

Nothing will change until the public make it known that they will not stand for such farcical scenes. Stevic was responsible for at least three decisive and blatantly incorrect calls tonight. If he manages to find his way umpiring the final game of the season, it will be an absolute farce.

Love the whinging campaigners on here. It's all fine to say Hawks were gifted a couple of goals, but very convenient to overlook the goals Freeo kicked with non decisions.
- apparently it is ok to throw an elbow into an opponents head
- apparently it is ok to hold Cyril on then fall onto the middle of his back.
Both of these non decisions result in Freeo goals.
And I recall a very ordinary deliberate out of bounds decision against hodge, and another 50/50 against Puopulo.
But apparently we were gifted the win.

At the end of the day, Freeo weren't good enough and Ross will have all summer to think about it.

Love the whinging campaigners on here. It's all fine to say Hawks were gifted a couple of goals, but very convenient to overlook the goals Freeo kicked with non decisions.
- apparently it is ok to throw an elbow into an opponents head
- apparently it is ok to hold Cyril on then fall onto the middle of his back.
Both of these non decisions result in Freeo goals.
And I recall a very ordinary deliberate out of bounds decision against hodge, and another 50/50 against Puopulo.
But apparently we were gifted the win.

At the end of the day, Freeo weren't good enough and Ross will have all summer to think about it.

Of course it's ok. Just put your hands up and say it was accidental.

Our turnovers and missed shots cost us

Stevic just made it that little bit harder

Also Hawks were amazingly accurate

It all adds up, but at the end of the day you can't expect to beat the best if you turn it over in your defending 50 and you miss set shots dead in front, the umpiring was secondary