Stevie J's kidney whack on Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

SJ just did to Mitchell what Sam does every week.
So your saying that Mitchell is in fact a dog? Good to see Hawk fans are starting to acknowledge this fact

Mitchell atleast has the courtesy to face someone when he goes for a hit. Plus he's hard and fair. Not a cowardly act from behind. What SJ did was a low and not a good look.

Mitchell atleast has the courtesy to face someone when he goes for a hit. Plus he's hard and fair. Not a cowardly act from behind. What SJ did was a low and not a good look.
Mitchell and several of your other players have been pretty ordinary re Geelong for several years now. They have improved in the last couple of years, but its not valid to paint Sam as such a cleanskin and us the bad guys. Its pretty equal on those scores these days re both teams.

Go watch netball mate. Stevie J did nothing wrong you are allowed to bump a player within 5 meters of the ball
It wasn't a bump though. You bump with your shoulder, not with your elbow/forearm. If players started bumping like this, you would see a lot of broken/fractured arms (assuming both players in a contest bumped using this technique; it would be akin to the knee on knee contact we used to see a lot of in ruck contests & that of course led to a number of knee injuries & ultimately, changes to ruck contests).

Sick to death of this blokes carry on. Can play the game but gets sucked in too easily. He is a proven game changer but sitting on the sidelines watching games is of no value to the GFC. He always misses a Freo or Hawks game due to suspension. Selfish acts every year that only punish our side. Needs a good old fashioned verbal but i'm sure this bloke writes own rules behind closed doors.

Mitchell and several of your other players have been pretty ordinary re Geelong for several years now. They have improved in the last couple of years, but its not valid to paint Sam as such a cleanskin and us the bad guys. Its pretty equal on those scores these days re both teams.
Lol biggest load of s**t

He bumped him in play the game is getting soft if that is worthy of a report
Nope- you are incorrect, Stevie went out of his way to put an elbow in Mitchell's back. It was lousy, stupid and selfish and he deserves a week. But my earlier comment is quite correct also-both these teams have given as good as they get to each other. Am not copping this Hawks are golden, Geelong are baddies rubbish.

Dirty footballer who always goes the cheap snipe, never puts his head over the ball and stages for frees whenever he gets a whack or doesn't (we've all seen him rolling around the ground holding his head). Funnily enough Hodge ran at him today and the gutless toad didn't want a bar of it.

Didn't he break his nose a couple of years back staging for a free?

Dirty footballer who always goes the cheap snipe, never puts his head over the ball and stages for frees whenever he gets a whack or doesn't (we've all seen him rolling around the ground holding his head). Funnily enough Hodge ran at him today and the gutless toad didn't want a bar of it.

Didn't he break his nose a couple of years back staging for a free?
No he didn't.
LOL on the Hodgey - has many a time put an elbow in the head of an unsuspecting Geelong player, off the ball.

Guess Hodge has been reported for it?
Haha nope- always does it off the ball.
Hodgey is a great player, so is Mitchell. You have a superb team -disciplined and talented. Well done to you, light years ahead of us atm.
But think perpetuating this view that they are all upstanding citizens is not correct. Your players, and our players have a long history of dishing it out to each other-can't really see why that is so hard to acknowledge.

Haha nope- always does it off the ball.
Hodgey is a great player, so is Mitchell. You have a superb team -disciplined and talented. Well done to you, light years ahead of us atm.
But think perpetuating this view that they are all upstanding citizens is not correct. Your players, and our players have a long history of dishing it out to each other-can't really see why that is so hard to acknowledge.

Hodge is hard but plays pretty fair.

Johnson, time and time again, is involved in cheap shots (not just limited to Hawthorn). Rest of your players, past and present, no issue with.

As far as I remember, even Scott was vocal in the media about it last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Johnson, time and time again, is involved in cheap shots (not just limited to Hawthorn). Rest of your players, past and present, no issue with.

Yep Stevie does many dumb things, plenty of cheap shots, but think he does put his body on the line as well. Will have to agree to disagree re Hodge 'hard but fair' line. Yep that is often the case with him, but also he has done plenty off the ball.

Nope- you are incorrect, Stevie went out of his way to put an elbow in Mitchell's back. It was lousy, stupid and selfish and he deserves a week. But my earlier comment is quite correct also-both these teams have given as good as they get to each other. Am not copping this Hawks are golden, Geelong are baddies rubbish.
If you watch it in real speed, Mitchell jumps up to take possession Johnson is coming in to tackle Mitchell taps the ball on he is still in play near the ball and Johnson bumps jim and takes him out that is his right

If you watch it in real speed, Mitchell jumps up to take possession Johnson is coming in to tackle Mitchell taps the ball on he is still in play near the ball and Johnson bumps jim and takes him out that is his right
What a load of nonsense.

Hodge is just as bad a sniper as Stevie is. The only difference is that our coach will call him out on it, and we (the fans) acknowledge that he is one. Hawks fans turn the other way.

$1000 fine is all that's in it.

Hodge is just as bad a sniper as Stevie is. The only difference is that our coach will call him out on it, and we (the fans) acknowledge that he is one. Hawks fans turn the other way.

$1000 fine is all that's in it.

Is he? Tell me about Hodge's record of being reported v Johnson's record.

Is he? Tell me about Hodge's record of being reported v Johnson's record.

Would you rather talk about Hodge's record of getting off from reports that other players without his Hawthorn halo wouldn't have been able to plead out of?

Striking in last year's Easter Monday game.
Fracturing Murphy's face with a borderline bump.
Head high bump on Henderson.

What he's been convicted of:
Melee, striking, striking, wrestling, tripping ,wrestling, striking, charging.

Plus plenty of other off-the-ball work. If everyone he elbowed went down like like they were shot, a la Mitchell, he probably would have been taking weeks off on the regular.

Stevie is a dirty, nasty player. We know that. I won't argue against that. But don't tell me Hodge is any more of a fair player than he is, because that's a load of crap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back