Stevie J's kidney whack on Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

For the past two year Johnson has actually been pretty much a football nobody. The only way he makes the news now is injuries and repeated attacks on opposition players. A player the comp will be glad to see the back of and it wont be far away

For the past two year Johnson has actually been pretty much a football nobody. The only way he makes the news now is injuries and repeated attacks on opposition players. A player the comp will be glad to see the back of and it wont be far away

Hey, at least he's making news for on-field gaffes.

If he was at Collingwood, he'd be getting done for drugs, betting, DUI, coward punching... the list goes on.

Not going to defend Stevie, he is a goose who does really dumb, cheap shots. But he was in career best form the first 5 or so games last year till he got injured. By the way, opposition players have also made repeated, consistent attacks on him. The twilight of his career hasn't been his finest moment, but he has been a wonderful player for us and has often shown the entire comp some beautiful football over a long period of time.

It was a s**t act by Stevie. I don't know that I really want to see players get weeks for stuff like that, though, unless they are repeat offenders. Which Stevie is. So I have mixed feelings about him being fined.

However, classifying that as 'careless' is a joke. Was 100% intentional.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did the guy who tackled Bartel head first with his arms pinned not even get looked at??

Not saying that he necessarily should have been suspended, but surely had to be mentioned.

How did the guy who tackled Bartel head first with his arms pinned not even get looked at??

Not saying that he necessarily should have been suspended, but surely had to be mentioned.

He made a rather legal tackle. What was wrong with it. Accident. Nothing in it move on.

Aren't the new tribunal rules meant to bring this stuff down to a fine, then three strikes and you're out?

Stevie J to be the first to get three strikes.
Yes, but that makes this thread oh so dull if all we're speculating about is the size of a fine

He made a rather legal tackle. What was wrong with it. Accident. Nothing in it move on.
I know its off topic, but at some stage the AFL has to look closer at these tackles where a player's arm is pinned behind his back. Sadly, it won't be until a player suffers a horrendous injury and the media turns its attention to the practice. I hate it and I know all clubs are drilled to do it now

Well in hindsight I think I went off half-cocked, but he probably should have gotten a week for being a dill.
It might work in Freo's favour this week though, as the Dockers always seem to rise when they play the Catters, although sadly SJ's nemesis, Crowley won't be there.

I agree with the ManWithNoName, just hope they are consistent, no more of this #MRPChookLotto crap we've had in the last 3 years

What was wrong with the tackle is that he pinned both arms and then Bartel's head hit the ground.
Unless I'm mistaken, I could have sworn people have been suspended before for this.
Look, I'm not saying that he should have been suspended, just very surprised it wasn't even looked at or mentioned in the MRP statement.

I know its off topic, but at some stage the AFL has to look closer at these tackles where a player's arm is pinned behind his back. Sadly, it won't be until a player suffers a horrendous injury and the media turns its attention to the practice. I hate it and I know all clubs are drilled to do it now

Am I going crazy because I'm sure players have been suspended last year (maybe 2) for very similar tackles??

When you factor in tax, and the fact they don't get paid in one lump sum, it's actually a fair figure.

For you or me it's probably equivalent to a $100-200 fine.
Match payments for a senior AFL player are $5k a game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back