Stevie J's kidney whack on Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

Gutless act elbowing a bloke in the kidneys from behind. I like Stevie J but god he can do some stupid things.
After being in front of the MRP/tribunal 17 times over his career, I think we need to move on from "Stevie J just does some silly things".

How did the guy who tackled Bartel head first with his arms pinned not even get looked at??

Not saying that he necessarily should have been suspended, but surely had to be mentioned.

When the day comes you are suspended for applying a perfectly legal tackle, that's when I stop watching the game. If you suspend a player for that, you'd have 100 players rubbed out every week.

After being in front of the MRP/tribunal 17 times over his career, I think we need to move on from "Stevie J just does some silly things".

You've taken me completely out of context.

You've taken me completely out of context.
I was speaking generally. I didn't mean to direct the comment to you, and you only.

We see it all the time that Stevie J just does stupid things because he's a "rascal".
Once is an accident, twice perhaps a coincidence....17 times, nah, that's a trend of poor behaviour.

I was speaking generally. I didn't mean to direct the comment to you, and you only.

We see it all the time that Stevie J just does stupid things because he's a "rascal".
Once is an accident, twice perhaps a coincidence....17 times, nah, that's a trend of poor behaviour.
So what's your point? SJ has consistently copped his whack from the MRP for his poor behaviour. Some will argue the system that existed prior to 2015 was harsh on players like SJ, copping suspensions for innocuous stupid things like a head tap, or a slap. Nobody at Geelong likes what SJ does, but you're not going to ban someone like him from the game are you?

So what's your point? SJ has consistently copped his whack from the MRP for his poor behaviour. Some will argue the system that existed prior to 2015 was harsh on players like SJ, copping suspensions for innocuous stupid things like a head tap, or a slap. Nobody at Geelong likes what SJ does, but you're not going to ban someone like him from the game are you?
If they were dealt with correctly years ago, maybe he'd have gotten it out of his game.

So what's your point? SJ has consistently copped his whack from the , like a head tap, or a slap. Nobody at Geelong likes what SJ does, but you're not going to ban someone like him from the game are you?

You call it a slap, head tap, fact is they are cheap shots and when Ballantyne does it you scream blue murder.

But its all good because now you can snipe someone and only cop a fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they were dealt with correctly years ago, maybe he'd have gotten it out of his game.
He has only started to do these things with regularity in his later years. So doubt they would have been eradicated. He clearly can't help himself-has gotten older, can't do what he once could, has a few tickets on himself, cops a lot from the opposition and can't deal with it. Have no doubt everyone at the club has worked on him to stop -nothing works. He has a real flaw. He lets himself and our team down. Saying that, they are usually cheap shots but mostly pretty innocuous, nobody gets hurt. He doesn't canon into players, or elbow people in the head, or break anyone's jaw etc So probably don't warrant major discussion. For what its worth, thought the Begg one was probably worse- Riewoldt had to leave the ground.

You call it a slap, head tap, fact is they are cheap shots and when Ballantyne does it you scream blue murder.

But its all good because now you can snipe someone and only cop a fine.
Did you agree with the fine for Bugg? Or did he deserve more too?
The Freo/Geelong game last last year-pretty well every Freo player pushed, shoved, elbowed, dragged him down, held onto him, stood on him. Kept it up the whole match and none of it was about playing football, very little of it in play. So really, does that mean Freo is a team full of cheap shots Peppy?
Do hope the umps give Stevie better protection this time around!;)

He has only started to do these things with regularity in his later years. So doubt they would have been eradicated. He clearly can't help himself-has gotten older, can't do what he once could, has a few tickets on himself, cops a lot from the opposition and can't deal with it. Have no doubt everyone at the club has worked on him to stop -nothing works. He has a real flaw. He lets himself and our team down. Saying that, they are usually cheap shots but mostly pretty innocuous, nobody gets hurt. He doesn't canon into players, or elbow people in the head, or break anyone's jaw etc So probably don't warrant major discussion. For what its worth, thought the Begg one was probably worse- Riewoldt had to leave the ground.
17. Seventeen.

That's not the MRP record of a guy who's only just started to do ill-disciplined s**t as he's gotten older.

The Freo/Geelong game last last year-pretty well every Freo player pushed, shoved, elbowed, dragged him down, held onto him, stood on him. Kept it up the whole match and none of it was about playing football, very little of it in play. So really, does that mean Freo is a team full of cheap shots Peppy?

Was that the match where he booted Lachie Neale in the head, was acquitted by the MRP for "insufficienct force" and spent the rest of the season struggling due to a leg injury sustained from that incident? He is objectively the most ill-disciplined player in the competition and has been for a long time.

Other players regularily get away with murder. Worse than SJ. Johnson doesn't punch players in the head, but I know of one last week that got away with doing just that.

The time the "victims" of Johnson have spent off the ground for those 17 times wouldn't amount to a quarter of football. Not one of them missed even a game. Yet we have dirty sneaky sniping players in the the AFL that have broken bones and got away with it.

Get things into perspective.

17. Seventeen.

That's not the MRP record of a guy who's only just started to do ill-disciplined s**t as he's gotten older.
He has always been a goose-drinking incidents, driving incidents-he is cut from a different cloth, but I can't recall him getting into trouble with these sort of on field incidents so often, in the past. Will try and track his record down. Still been a great footballer for us. A head case-yep- annoying/frustrating -yep. But really who gets hurt? Just our team because he is missing under suspension-the opposition players don't get hurt from his harmless little taps. Your teams all benefit because he isn't playing. So who cares.

I would also suggest he receives plenty of protection from the umpires, stages for frees and is duly rewarded more than most. You guys see him in a positive light and that's fair enough, but at least try and understand where opposition posters like Echols and myself are coming from.

Cough

Other players regularily get away with murder. Worse than SJ. Johnson doesn't punch players in the head, but I know of one last week that got away with doing just that.

The time the "victims" of Johnson have spent off the ground for those 17 times wouldn't amount to a quarter of football. Not one of them missed even a game. Yet we have dirty sneaky sniping players in the the AFL that have broken bones and got away with it.

Get things into perspective.
Ha! Everyone else is doing it, Stevie is just unlucky to have been caught so many times.

That's not perspective, that's ignorance.

I would also suggest he receives plenty of protection from the umpires, stages for frees and is duly rewarded more than most. You guys see him in a positive light and that's fair enough, but at least try and understand where opposition posters like Echols and myself are coming from.

Cough
Yep-fair enough-am sure his carry on is really annoying-it is to me also- but in the end-he misses time for a pretty minor thing. None of the players he 'taps' miss a game, or even miss anytime on the field really. They all play on in the game. So who is it hurting?-us and him, not you. So why does it matter? Yep, he is seriously undisciplined with a litany of 'minor' offences to his name. Who cares? He isn't doing damage-it amounts to very little impact on opponents. He doesn't accidentally bump people so they miss 7 games etc.

Cough
Stevie J would probably have 1 if not 2 Brownlow medals was it not for his stupidity

I thought the Bugg decision was about right as Roo didn't help by backing in to him.

It was a spiteful game I agree and Crowley gave out his fair share of love taps. As riteo said SJ kicked our player in the head and got away with it, that isn't a love tap that is dog like.
Ballantyne dishes it out all game and cops his fair share back, I mean a 6 ft 4 in Scarlett felt the need to drop him in front of the ump he was that riled up.

You will defend him until he retires but I'm glad you admit it is age catching up with him, it happens to all of them. We had J Carr mate, and I admit he was a right little campaigner. The day he roughed up Benny Cuz to the point of tears will always stay with me.

SJ was a brilliant player but will always be remembered for his sniping by opposition fans, severe lack of discipline and being a generaly s**t bloke.

Fact is he belted Mitchell in the back hard enough to drop him and got reported, lucky the new MRP only fined him. I am confident he will snap again this weekend.

I thought the Bugg decision was about right as Roo didn't help by backing in to him.

It was a spiteful game I agree and Crowley gave out his fair share of love taps. As riteo said SJ kicked our player in the head and got away with it, that isn't a love tap that is dog like.
Ballantyne dishes it out all game and cops his fair share back, I mean a 6 ft 4 in Scarlett felt the need to drop him in front of the ump he was that riled up.

You will defend him until he retires but I'm glad you admit it is age catching up with him, it happens to all of them. We had J Carr mate, and I admit he was a right little campaigner. The day he roughed up Benny Cuz to the point of tears will always stay with me.

SJ was a brilliant player but will always be remembered for his sniping by opposition fans, severe lack of discipline and being a generaly s**t bloke.

Fact is he belted Mitchell in the back hard enough to drop him and got reported, lucky the new MRP only fined him. I am confident he will snap again this weekend.
Yep, excellent chance he will snap again this weekend. Hopefully only after he has played a good game.;) Am not defending everything about him, but suspect the outcry against him is a little over the top.The Bugg hit was pretty average. Riewoldt looked ordinary as a consequence, didn't return to the field. Nor do I agree he backed into Bugg-he was as unsuspecting as Mitchell and the force was much greater. Mitchell played on.
I still wonder why you care that he is a 's**t bloke' who is undisciplined, especially when it advantages you. So what really!
Anyway good luck on the weekend, hope its a good game and not as spiteful as usual.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back