StKilda - the present and the future (and maybe the past)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saints what a joke of a club, were the worst team for decades, got all the high draft picks for a few years, and still couldn't win a flag, now they are back to being on the bottom getting more draft picks, funny.

After being found out for salary cheating, spending years at the bottom of the ladder, Carlton has a list littered with first round draft picks. And have you got to three Grand Finals and close to two flags with all that talent. Carlton has had more early picks than Melbourne and still has nothing to show for it. Laughable to read the comments on Saints. Are you happy with Carlton's on field success.

How far off are the Blues to having to rebuild again, if they have a list that won't take them all the way?

Sure, like that year he flogged his Saints in the pre-season and they won their first 19 games, only to crumble under his lack of offensive nous in the Grand Final (admittedly a singular bounce of the ball away in 2010 - crushed me that the Saints didn't win that one).
I just don't buy it. Sides play to a game plan and whether they were at full strength and fitness or not there was no way Fremantle weren't playing the way they intend to during the regular season. For patches the Bulldogs had it on their terms and that's going to happen far more often than you think. If it was the same scoreline but with Sydney playing instead of the Bulldogs, would you also have said that Fremantle weren't employing their usual defensive tactics?

You mean the pre season we lost all our games including one to Port by over 100 points. Lyon coached under Roos and we all saw his attitude to NAB games. Im not sure why its so hard for you to accept that Freo where playing a differant style in a pre season game. Defensive zone and press wasnt put into full use.

why you would come to our board to comment on a match that didnt involve your team speaks volumes:

you obviously have some insecurity to keep trying to pot the saints ;-)

If you look at other threads on the Saints board: i.e the welcome to St Kilda Luke Dunstan one - you'd see why I have a passing interest in the Saints.

Cute of you to trawl back through my posting history though. Guess your Sunday night was as mundane as mine.

I have no problem with St Kilda or most of their supporters. Just one poster in this thread refuses to enter a discussion about the team he supports and only wants to deflect it off track.

You've pretty much said what was posted out to saints members months ago, this is old news. The club has put in a plan, and it's not a plan for this year or next year but a plan for the next 5 years.
Only opposition supporters seem to think it's all doom and gloom, us saints supporters know what we are in for and it's not going to be fun, but hopefully we finally reach the ultimate at the end of it.
Five year plans are good. Comrade Stalin says hello.

If you look at other threads on the Saints board: i.e the welcome to St Kilda Luke Dunstan one - you'd see why I have a passing interest in the Saints.

Cute of you to trawl back through my posting history though. Guess your Sunday night was as mundane as mine.

I have no problem with St Kilda or most of their supporters. Just one poster in this thread refuses to enter a discussion about the team he supports and only wants to deflect it off track.

The poster that posted the truth you didnt want to hear.

Maybe but its the reason you posted rubbish about Saturdays game.

No, it really isn't. Unlike you, I was at the game so was able to get a good look. I said St Kilda's effort was there, but their skills were not.

I watched your 200cm athletic ruckman/forward get outmarked by the 180cm Impey. I watched countless passes fall short of Riewoldt. I watched dropped marks and floaters kicked under no pressure. I watched Gwilt get monstered by a guy who aside from one game against us (which we won by 10 goals anyway) has done nothing at AFL level.

You might be happy with the pat in the back from Port supporters after they accounted for you minus their spine but don't call what I post rubbish. Unlike half the people posting in this thread (including you most likely) I have seen the Saints play live in 2014 so I have something to base my comments on.

No, it really isn't. Unlike you, I was at the game so was able to get a good look. I said St Kilda's effort was there, but their skills were not.

I watched your 200cm athletic ruckman/forward get outmarked by the 180cm Impey. I watched countless pass

es fall short of Riewoldt. I watched dropped marks and floaters kicked under no pressure. I watched Gwilt get monstered by a guy who aside from one game against us (which we won by 10 goals anyway) has done nothing at AFL level.

You might be happy with the pat in the back from Port supporters after they accounted for you minus their spine but don't call what I post rubbish. Unlike half the people posting in this thread (including you most likely) I have seen the Saints play live in 2014 so I have something to base my comments on.

Taking a couple of incidents out and calling it the norm is really clutching at straws. Whats yozr point? No one thinks StKilda will make the 8 just relax.

Lol your posts are getting worse.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really reliant on old players near the end of there career. Will get ugly soon I think.

And Riewoldt is still one of the best players in the competition

Really reliant on old players near the end of there career. Will get ugly soon I think.

And Riewoldt is still one of the best players in the competition

Every team is reliant on their veterans. However 14 of our players tonight were not veterans and every single one of them put in and contested.

Well done Saints. Regenerating nicely. If Lyon had a broader, long-term focus, the core of this team could still be driving them toward a premiership. A better management of personnel could have seen them retain the guns they lost.
Those that remain are fantastic leaders and I hope they contend again before they retire.

Jeez we were flat though tonight. Running on the spot whilst chased by terror...

how bout them sainters. showing that if you play tough footy you'll always compete. Plenty of old and new to celebrate

Well done Saints. Regenerating nicely. If Lyon had a broader, long-term focus, the core of this team could still be driving them toward a premiership. A better management of personnel could have seen them retain the guns they lost.
Those that remain are fantastic leaders and I hope they contend again before they retire.

Jeez we were flat though tonight. Running on the spot whilst chased by terror...
Good on ya mate, nice post. That game in WA makes it tough the next match, we saw that last week...

124785.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back