Not-a-cluey StKilda to give up pick 1 to hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

That was my first reaction
Makes sense though, if the saints are looking for players to fast track their rise up the ladder
No, it doesn't make sense at all. 4 bit part players never has and never will get you pick 1.

Not 1 of those guys would land a first round pick, packaging them all up won't get close to pick 1.

Heard from an unreliable source (who is involved at the saints tough)
Apparently the saints are in. Negotiations with the hawks to exchange pick 1 (and an exchange of later picks) for Cheney, Lowden, grimley and schoenmakers

At first I laughed, but having a deeper look, those four would actually help the saints, so will be interesting to see whether it occurs

I think you've been riding the wave of everything going right for hawthorn since the start of the grand final. Just because we wish it doesn't make it true. It only seems that way recently.

As ridiculous as this rumour is, gawd could you imagine the collective footy community meltdown if St Kilda were THAT stupid. :D:D

Apparently the saints are in. Negotiations with the hawks to exchange pick 1 (and an exchange of later picks) for Cheney, Lowden, grimley and schoenmakers

At first I laughed, but having a deeper look, those four would actually help the saints, so will be interesting to see whether it occurs

If you want pick #1 you'll have to send Gunston & Hill their way ... no? Didn't think so.

If someone I knew told me something like that I would punch them in the nose and tell them to never repeat it again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was my first reaction
Makes sense though, if the saints are looking for players to fast track their rise up the ladder

It makes no sense and everyone involved in such a decision would have to sack themselves immediately for stupidity.

That's the sort of trade you could make on AFL Live 2006.

Hawthorn cant just trade a bunch of duds to St Kilda for the number 1 draft pick.... again.

1988 National Draft

St Kilda's Pick 1 traded to Hawthorn for Robert Handley, Paul Harding & Peter Russo.

Yep, my thoughts precisely. Sounds good for Hawthorn on the surface, but the guy we picked up at No.1 turned out to be a lemon. Number 1 draft picks in the 80s weren't as well researched as they are in the year 2014.

GWS will get pick 1, now they will look to get another KPF in the draft.

They have 3 picks in the top 10 and will swap 2 for Saints 1st pick...

Pelchen said today the Saints priority was picks. Said he'd already had two offers that would have given them 3 picks in the top 10 for pick one and rejected both. If true that is not something the Hawks could offer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back