Running/Fitness Stomp the G

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.stadiumstomp.com.au/mcg

A couple of mates and I are going to have a crack at this challenge. Over 7400 steps. :eek:
I was wondering if anyone has done something like this and can give me some hints.
At the moment, I run 10-12 km three times a week. Now I have added stairs into the runs. 100-250 steps.
My fitness base is ok, but I need to add a few specific elements to my training.
Any suggestions will be gratefully accepted.

I did the half course last year, at an honestly not very fit level (i'd just started getting into gyming a couple months earlier, but do have a background in dancing & netball but quit 8 years ago due injury). If you can run that many k's I'd suggest you'd be fine. It's not as hard as it sounds because most of the steps are quite shallow, and you're not allowed to run down the stairs so it's a stop/start exercise.

Like laaazer said, squats will help heaps. I'd include some step ups & lunges too. And because of the shallow height & long distance between steps, practice your horizontal leap. Skipping steps on practice runs will help with that.

I'm doing this next weekend.... stupidly....

Have been training hard the last week with leg day once a week plus stair/incline runs/stairmaster 4 times a week... dreading it

How many days before the weekend do I need to ease up? Obviously don't want to have any fatigue or soreness in my legs for it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back