Stop the boats. 5k a head. (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go tell a prime minister who cares.

turnbull_confidence.jpg

Heard Dutton on the radio this morning re the pregnant 23 year old. Of course his version of events differs from the legal team working with the refugees on Nauru-so who knows where the truth lies.
Regardless, every second sentence he repeated the mantra that nobody will get through our immigration system ( by pulling swifties, one presumes) as if that is the real issue here.
It would seem to me that this situation is exactly the one whereby a decent country would give asylum in Australia to the women involved. To keep her on Nauru is just nasty.
I think that the word Dutton used was 'scam'.

http://www.theguardian.com/australi...tralia-denies-saying-she-declined-termination

Letter from woman.

One of the promises broken by this government was that it was going to be open and transparent. LOL.

Last edited:

Go tell a prime minister who cares.

turnbull_confidence.jpg

Oh, the PM who doesn't constantly harp on about being scared of the brown people and the muzzies??

That Guy?

Someone who at least treats the section of the public with a functioning thought process with a bit of respect?

We all know that you miss Tone, Jane, and that Malc is a bit lightweight for your tastes...plus he doesn't pack the budgie smugglers... however at least the never-ending diatribe of fear and loathing of nothing in particular has come to a halt.

P.S. Yeah, yeah I know...economic refo's, speak bloody English ya Mufti bastard, I used to vote Labor, stop the boats, etc, etc, etc.:$:rolleyes:

Interestingly Dutton states that medical services are top class yet the advice to travelers on the UK and USA advice to traveler is :
UK
Medical facilities in Nauru are very basic and medical evacuation by air ambulance to Australia is necessary in most cases. Make sure you have adequate travel health insurance and accessible funds to cover the cost of any medical treatment abroad and repatriation.
USA
‘Nauru has two hospitals, which are adequate for routine health problems, but for anything more serious you will need to fly elsewhere.'
'There are few health care facilities available in the Republic of Nauru. Medical care for routine problems is available, but not up to the standards of industrialised countries. On occasion, basic medications can be difficult to obtain. Emergency response capability is extremely limited. Serious medical conditions requiring hospitalisation and/or medical evacuation to the United States can cost thousands of dollars. Doctors and hospitals often expect immediate cash payment for health service. A recompression chamber is located in Nauru. Before diving, check that facilities are operational.'

You don't appear to have much knowledge of history of this war and this region?

Not the version you're peddling.

Second Gulf War was no more than an inevitable continuation of Gulf War 1 where George H Bush famously called on the Iraqi people to overthrow the fascist regime of Hussein/Baath but then betrayed them. Thousands were consigned to massed graves in southern Iraq. The fascists stayed in power.

Nowt to do with the chutzpah and hubris of American global hegemony?

In following 12 years Saddam's fascists defied 16/17 UNSCR s to disclose their WMDS,
used UN sanctions to cruelly kill their people while making millions for themselves
... and so on and so forth ..

Hans Blix says Hi

After they lost power , the recidivist Baath fascists then joined up with the Islamofascists to fight the US liberation only to discover themselves actually outscored on the key benchmarks of atrocity, cruelty and depravity.
How could they be? They loved cutting tongues out and torture? But they actually found thmselves outscored by the islamofascists on all these key indicators.

Care to add anything about the folly of disbanding the Iraqi army and the support of the Shia led government at the expense of Iraqi Sunnis?

So then Arab/Muslim Isis got been enabled by Obama/Left withdrawal at end to 2011 to take those benchmarks to a level hitherto unimaginable.

'tis a shame they had to withdraw when they shouldnae have been there in the first place

Whoever would have thought that Arab Muslims with their culture could behave this way in the 21st century ? You got any ideas Medhurst?

Yeah, I blame Sykes-Picot.

After your nice little rewriting of history, I'm still none the wiser on your views re: Islamofascism in Iraq under Saddam.

Oh, the PM who doesn't constantly harp on about being scared of the brown people and the muzzies??

That Guy?

Someone who at least treats the section of the public with a functioning thought process with a bit of respect?

We all know that you miss Tone, Jane, and that Malc is a bit lightweight for your tastes...plus he doesn't pack the budgie smugglers... however at least the never-ending diatribe of fear and loathing of nothing in particular has come to a halt.

P.S. Yeah, yeah I know...economic refo's, speak bloody English ya Mufti bastard, I used to vote Labor, stop the boats, etc, etc, etc.:$:rolleyes:
So you going to vote for Turnbull,Bushie?

So you going to vote for Turnbull,Bushie?

I'm seriously unsure about that. It'll depend upon whether he rewinds/undoes some of the policies of Abbott's that I found unpalatable and, frankly, bewildering.

For the present I am just enjoying the ability to breathe whenever Turnbull is in the press, because I was fair dinkum fed up to the back teeth, and deeply offended, with the s**t that Tone was trying shove done my throat.

I cannot remember a more rage inducing moron politician and, (I am being totally honest here), I would have to leave the room when he was on the telly.

At least with Turnbull, even if I disagree, I feel that I am being spoken to by someone with a bit of decency and intelligence.

I'm seriously unsure about that. It'll depend upon whether he rewinds/undoes some of the policies of Abbott's that I found unpalatable and, frankly, bewildering.

At least with Turnbull, even if I disagree, I feel that I am being spoken to by someone with a bit of decency and intelligence.

I think most of us feel like that. It must stick in the craw of some of the 'red neck righties' on here that that nice Mr Turnbull is running their fascist party now:rolleyes:

I guess they'll just have to pretend they still have someone whose from the right of Atilla the Hun running the country, even though Turnbull is just as much a labour righty as a Liberal Wet.:p

Those of us from the middle of politics dont feel particularly uncomfortable at the mo. Except when we see Mutton head Dutton, who surely is an embarrassment to his own mum.

Those of us from the middle of politics dont feel particularly uncomfortable at the mo. Except when we see Mutton head Dutton, who surely is an embarrassment to his own mum.

He is just a train wreck waiting to happen.

To me at least he was a token for the far right so that they didn't feel totally left out**, but in essence he is a sacrificial lamb that doesn't know it's on the altar yet.

Just a matter of time before his boofheaded ex-Qld-copper routine kicks back in.

** yeah, yeah Morrison...but as much as I loathe him, he was really the only guy to take on the treasury.

Treasury is the poisoned for this government. Having, bleated about economic mismanagement, and debt in opposition they find themselves borrowing in exactly the same manner as the previous government. That's a bit hard to explain away, and not only that the stuff they are buying is crap.

Lol you are not really a person who shows decency are you?View attachment 185821View attachment 185822 And golly gosh-you actually seem proud of it.
Now run along -these guys want to play with you.

Have a thing for Donald do you? Why else keep posting images of the Clive Palmer piggy eyed clone?
Well maybe the pay grade level we might assume. Maggie's always had a thing for Clive too btw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a thing for Donald do you? Why else keep posting images of the Clive Palmer piggy eyed clone?
Well maybe the pay grade level we might assume. Maggie's always had a thing for Clive too btw.

Maggie really has twisted your girdle Jane.

Barely a post goes by where you don't salute her dominance over you by having a sook.

Don't worry, Malcolm loves you too.

I agree. My Maggie comment was uncalled for, unfair and inaccurate.
Donald Trump doesn't not have a great big lardy gut hanging over his trouser belt, unlike Clive, so clearly the Clive frisson does not compare to Donny's at all - even though the piggy eyes and thin lips are the same. My bad.

But Romeoh - how does he explain his constant posting of Donald images if not enamour?

I agree. My Maggie comment was uncalled for, unfair and inaccurate.
Donald Trump doesn't not have a great big lardy gut hanging over his trouser belt, unlike Clive, so clearly the Clive frisson does not compare to Donny's at all - even though the piggy eyes and thin lips are the same. My bad.

But Romeoh - how does he explain his constant posting of Donald images if not enamour?

Seriously Jane, comedy doesn't suit you at all.

Stick to calling all the brown people 'economic country shoppers' and continue with the 'all muzzies are bad and should speak English' routines.

You've got to play to your strengths Janey girl.:thumbsu:

Passing fancy perhaps but I just thought, how can I pass up the opportunity to picture you cavorting with the charmbuckets of the far right immigration -Donnie and Geertie and GJ. Blissful.
ps Tone always welcome to gatecrash of course.
pps Clive has more going for him than Donald surely!

Last edited:
Seriously Jane, comedy doesn't suit you at all.

Stick to calling all the brown people 'economic country shoppers' and continue with the 'all muzzies are bad and should speak English' routines.

You've got to play to your strengths Janey girl.:thumbsu:

No no they are accurate descriptions like "onwater activities", "queue jumping" [not a metaphor at all], "illegals"

I went to a fund raiser where Dreyfus spoke - he did a long rebuttal of the idea that human rights is a leftist project. The Menzies Government were not only one of the first countries to ratify the Refugee Convention but were intimately involved in its drafting. He also said that the project on Turnbull is to wedge his personal views [which he has frequently publically expressed] against the views he has promised to uphold in order to get the numbers for PM. Bit more fertile than "the bastard's rich!"

No no they are accurate descriptions like "onwater activities", "queue jumping" [not a metaphor at all], "illegals"

I went to a fund raiser where Dreyfus spoke - he did a long rebuttal of the idea that human rights is a leftist project. The Menzies Government were not only one of the first countries to ratify the Refugee Convention but were intimately involved in its drafting. He also said that the project on Turnbull is to wedge his personal views [which he has frequently publically expressed] against the views he has promised to uphold in order to get the numbers for PM. Bit more fertile than "the bastard's rich!"

To my way of thinking I am surprised that Abbott himself didn't play the very same wedge just prior to the leadership spill vote. Too stupid? Poor advice?

I'm sure that the right would love to do it now, but fear tearing the party apart.

Why Labor went down the 'rich bastard' road is utterly beyond me. So many more weeping sores to pick open other than that.

To my way of thinking I am surprised that Abbott himself didn't play the very same wedge just prior to the leadership spill vote. Too stupid? Poor advice?

I'm sure that the right would love to do it now, but fear tearing the party apart.

Why Labor went down the 'rich bastard' road is utterly beyond me. So many more weeping sores to pick open other than that.

Because their political strategy people are dumb seven year olds. In Parliament it was like the blunderbuss blew up in their faces -DaffyDuck style

upload_2015-10-20_15-42-50.jpeg

Because their political strategy people are dumb seven year olds. In Parliament it was like the blunderbuss blew up in their faces -DaffyDuck style

View attachment 186274

It went far above the embarrassing stage to the point of despair & unwatchable.

Many years in the wilderness for the ALP unless Sir Malcolm has uncovered bogies that are somehow released into the fray.

Doesn't matter anyway I suppose as Shorten is now beyond repair.

It went far above the embarrassing stage to the point of despair & unwatchable.

Many years in the wilderness for the ALP unless Sir Malcolm has uncovered bogies that are somehow released into the fray.

Doesn't matter anyway I suppose as Shorten is now beyond repair.

Years of forelock tugging ahead of you comrade? :cry:

Aw, really you and Contra should give up swallowing every spin fairfax media puts put. Labor succeeded in its primary aim which was to divert media attention from that weeks Royal Commission revelations. The secondary aim of putting an early privilege "frame" around darling Malcolm to be used down the track if circumstances allow was also achieved. Just routine politics.

Years of forelock tugging ahead of you comrade? :cry:

Aw, really you and Contra should give up swallowing every spin fairfax media puts put. Labor succeeded in its primary aim which was to divert media attention from that weeks Royal Commission revelations. The secondary aim of putting an early privilege "frame" around darling Malcolm to be used down the track if circumstances allow was also achieved. Just routine politics.

She jests at scars who never felt a wound - Your omniscient knowlege of the Labor front bench strategy is impressive - do you get that by ESP in the leafy Eastern Suburbs? I heard it from Mark Dreyfus actual mouth

how did you find that fearless feminist Kathy Jackson on Four Corners - a brave and fearless fighter against the patriachy in the Labor Movement - you should go up there and support her - after all you agree with her conspiracy theory that she was done in by the bruvvers - all the tune-ups for her Jag where part of her employment package

Last edited:
Niki Savva:

While some frontbenchers felt uneasy about going in so hard so early, others thought it was essential to lay the groundwork because otherwise that nice Mr Turnbull would get away from them. Also that it was best to begin before dud man looked like he was having trouble walking.

“We have to take the shine off him,” one frontbencher admitted.

The fact they have not returned to it this week does not mean they have dropped off it. They will get back to it when they think it will play to their advantage on policies on tax, pensions or family payments.
They are also road-testing a mix of tactics and questions to see which one works best against Turnbull. What makes him vulnerable: the fact he has abandoned his policies of the past or that he has adopted the new?

We need to put down these markers and build a story about him and the type of life that he leads, so that when the nasty decisions come, people will see that he can make them more easily than someone in a different world. We have to keep doing it,” one Labor man says

Most significantly:

Labor has been back in the field on the money issue, checking on how it went down. The first thing Labor knows is that people heard it, and they heard the code words Cayman Islands.
Labor also knows there are people who hated it, but there are others who, without assuming Turnbull has done anything wrong, think these are questions that have to be asked.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/opi...w-the-money-belt/story-fnahw9xv-1227577528314

Parliamentary politics 101.[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back