Stop the boats. 5k a head. (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, nothing to do with the civil war, all to do with the West.

Delusional

Only true pre 1980s according to p26

See unemployment rates on the next page, significantly higher than Australian born population for refugees arriving post 1980

Its nonsense to think there will be large social mobility amongst all refugee groups. Look at Algerians in France, hasn't happened.

Why not learn from the mistakes of others?
Its a bit naive to think the West's actions did not contribute to the problems in the region.

I wonder what great skills those on the first fleet brought? Problem was they couldn't return them and now here we are their descendents sitting in judgement. What a joke.

There's your context. Weren't you saying that the arrivals on the first fleet had "no"great skills.
And that the problem was they couldn't be returned (which is actually untrue).

And in writing "now here WE are their descendants"are you not using the collective noun "we"to claim descendency from the first fleet.

If you didn't mean any of these statements, what did you mean?

There's your context. Weren't you saying that the arrivals on the first fleet had "no"great skills.
And that the problem was they couldn't be returned (which is actually untrue).

And in writing "now here WE are their descendants"are you not using the collective noun "we"to claim descendency from the first fleet.

If you didn't mean any of these statements, what did you mean?
You could have learned a great lesson if you had been at the same children's party of 10 year olds I went to last night.
Was very interesting listening them discuss the Paris incident and also accepting refugees from camps.

For a couple it was obvious that parents had influenced their opinion and for a couple who have Muslims at school and have watched various news report had formed pretty much their own opinion.

Unlike the way you post, none was argumentative, personal, point scoring and despite the differences, was impressed that they actually listened to each other, then they moved on to more 'normal' things like music, bands, Apple games, schools etc.

I certainly have more hope for the future if they are a reflection of the future than reading your posts of the past and hate.

Sometimes because of your perceived facts (read bias) you are too quick to judge others, including me but this is the last time I will engage as you are too repetitive and I really wonder what you care about.

One correction, you are not as "well-informed" as you repeatedly portray, you are too closed, to be well informed.

Most of the terrorists are home grown. Do you actually read anything on this stuff, or have you just made up your mind?

It makes no difference to me whether the extremists are comprised from refugees, their kids or even their kids kids. I dont care about their motivations, what their grievences are or what insane promises of virgins and paradise their brainwashers feed them. Bottom line is we wouldn't have a terrorism problem if they weren't here.

It makes no difference to me whether the extremists are comprised from refugees, their kids or even their kids kids. I dont care about their motivations, what their grievences are or what insane promises of virgins and paradise their brainwashers feed them. Bottom line is we wouldn't have a terrorism problem if they weren't here.

I think you'll find the terrorism threat to western countries took off after 7/11, those terrorists came from Saudi Arabia and they flew in planes so talking about all internal migrants as being terrorists is bull s**t. This country has been built on imagration for over 200 years, if you don't like it feel free to go back to where your origins come from.

Perhaps an uncomfortable truth but all three terrorist attacks in Australia in the past 12 months have been by refugee's. The foiled plot to attack the Holsworthy army base, another refugee. Add to that whats going on in Europe - Paris is basically a warzone now - and I'd say that a rethink is well and truly warranted.

Perhaps an uncomfortable truth but all three terrorist attacks in Australia in the past 12 months have been by refugee's. The foiled plot to attack the Holsworthy army base, another refugee. Add to that whats going on in Europe - Paris is basically a warzone now - and I'd say that a rethink is well and truly warranted.
What three terrorist attacks?

You could have learned a great lesson if you had been at the same children's party of 10 year olds I went to last night.
Was very interesting listening them discuss the Paris incident and also accepting refugees from camps.

For a couple it was obvious that parents had influenced their opinion and for a couple who have Muslims at school and have watched various news report had formed pretty much their own opinion.

Unlike the way you post, none was argumentative, personal, point scoring and despite the differences, was impressed that they actually listened to each other, then they moved on to more 'normal' things like music, bands, Apple games, schools etc.

I certainly have more hope for the future if they are a reflection of the future than reading your posts of the past and hate.

Sometimes because of your perceived facts (read bias) you are too quick to judge others, including me but this is the last time I will engage as you are too repetitive and I really wonder what you care about.

One correction, you are not as "well-informed" as you repeatedly portray, you are too closed, to be well informed.

Pardon, but what does all that waffle have to do with your post slagging off the first fleet arrivals as "having no great skills", being unable to be "returned" and you being one of their descendants?

Meanwhile the boats are still coming...this time from Vietnam.

I'm yet to see any justification from the Govt for turning away Viet refugees.

Are they all economic refugees like GuruJane would scream about?

Are they all potential Muslim terrorists like Xsess would scream about?

Have their forebears provided nothing to our economy in the past like medusala would scream about? Massive lol on that one.

Is the government unable to differentiate between people for fear of looking ABSOLUTELY ******* STUPID?

Option #1.

You are seriously saying that Vietnamese refugees are economic immigrants?

Tell us about your knowledge of the persecution of certain sections of Vietnamese people, (including millions of skilled farmers as an example), under the current regime.

This should be fascinating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of Viets were Catholics fleeing the heathen Commos weren't they?

In the past, and still to a certain extent.

However the Govt has been ramping up land reclamation, (for zero compensation), for 'projects'. Families who have been through more crap than we could ever imagine are getting forcibly, (killed if need be), moved off their land and then persecuted horrifically if they join together and protest at their Province People's Committee and Communist Party precinct.

I have personally seen people hung from lamp posts as a warning to STFU.

But yeah...it's all about economic immigration FFS.

I questioned my Vietnamese mate (who came here via Malaysian refugee camp in the 80’s) about the latest Vietnamese boat people.

His reply was “The Government is very corrupt (I know that) The Government doesn’t like activists (I’m not surprised) They are very poor (I have been there, most of Asia is poor) and want a better life for their family (I don’t blame them) Do you want another beer? (Cheers)”

EDIT: I would just like to add that if my mate had not fled Vietnam in 1976, I have no doubt he would have been killed.

Isn't that lovely. You actually know a Viet. How wonderful for you, yet not so wonderful for him.

This is the bit where I call bullshit.

Your imagined mate would of have to have been aligned with the South Vietnamese to have been threatened with death.

It is the South Vietnamese who are so vocal in their despair at our current govt's policy because it is their people who have been, and are continued to be, targeted, victimised and murdered at the hands of the Viet Govt.

Not one single southern Vietnamese that I know, which is hundreds, displays the blasé bullshit that you are claiming.

i.e.: in case you really are too stupid to understand, it is their land which is being reclaimed for projects.

Do a bit of research into the first McDonalds franchise to be built in Ho Chi Minh City, (Saigon), and find out who originally owned the prime piece of real estate and who kicked them out for the franchise to be built.

TL;DR....stop making up s**t you racist piece of crap..

Oh bushie, you really are a angry self-righteousness piece of .....
Attack, attack and play the man, the only way you know how.

No bushie, my mate is not imaginary and I have listened to all his stories,How he got here, how he gets harassed by police for money every time he goes back to visit parents (both now deceased) How every Vietnamese thinks those who made it to Australia are blessed and should help every one that didn't.

Kiss my rusty bullet hole bushie.

Oh bushie, you really are a angry self-righteousness piece of .....
Attack, attack and play the man, the only way you know how.

No bushie, my mate is not imaginary and I have listened to all his stories,How he got here, how he gets harassed by police for money every time he goes back to visit parents (both now deceased) How every Vietnamese thinks those who made it to Australia are blessed and should help every one that didn't.

Kiss my rusty bullet hole bushie.

Yes, so it's all beer and skittles over there and every VN refugee hopeful is an economic migrant FFS!

It's all about the money. I lived their for years, and am married to one.

You simplistic dolt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back