Stop the boats. 5k a head. (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had, now we are just collecting the trash of the ocean that no other country will take, all they need now to do is just jump in a boat somewhere in the world and tell the bleeding hearts in the press they are heading to Australia (even if they are still over 3000 km from there) and in they come, please pick up your house keys, welfare cheques and Australian passports on the way through, oh and if you'd like to head back home to fight in a war or bring the relatives over, go for it.

Alongside their free house, car and passport, they're also going to take your job.

Alongside their free house, car and passport, they're also going to take your job.

some people are motivated by fear others success.

Some people don't want immigrants because of the fear of job competition. Thus your comment will resonate with some.

I prefer an immigration policy that is built around success, offering immigrants the best chance of success in their new home. That includes the provision of housing, health, education and the opportunity of employment etc.

A moron could be pardoned for thinking this can happen with out planning, without a process or by a process run by boat people.

Personally I would think for this to be achieved, it needs to be a well co-ordinated process across the departments at state and federal level, run by the government (not boat smugglers or lawyers), needs to be orderly, needs to focused on the 97% of immigrants who do the right thing and needs to be focused on long term success.

But I do appreciate some people are focused on end goal utopias and have no appreciation for hard work.

I prefer an immigration policy that is built around success, offering immigrants the best chance of success in their new home. That includes the provision of housing, health, education and the opportunity of employment etc.

What's your stance on super rich Chinese who buy their way in? If they're not economic refugees then I don't know what are? Why should they get a jump on the queue because they buy a mansion in Toorak and pay below the minimum wage?

Italy is the new poster child of left wing compassion. So far this year they have welcomed 80,791 arrivals from North Africa - of course most of them wont stay in Italy they'll be absorbed into the EU (Italy's neighbours are spewing). Anyhoo along with this "compassion" comes the obligatory deaths at sea, rioting and dispicable behaviour by these "refugees". This week 30 odd suffocation deaths on one vessel, followed by 60 murders (assaulted then thrown overboard) on another.

I have just come home after 2 months in Europe and have seen consequences of this mass illegal emigration. No go areas, street hawkers, scammers, beggars and thieves every where. It's really dragging Europe down.

Italy is the new poster child of left wing compassion. So far this year they have welcomed 80,791 arrivals from North Africa - of course most of them wont stay in Italy they'll be absorbed into the EU (Italy's neighbours are spewing). Anyhoo along with this "compassion" comes the obligatory deaths at sea, rioting and dispicable behaviour by these "refugees". This week 30 odd suffocation deaths on one vessel, followed by 60 murders (assaulted then thrown overboard) on another.
What's your solution to this world-wide and ongoing issue then? Where would you like all the refugees to go?

What's your solution to this world-wide and ongoing issue then? Where would you like all the refugees to go?

UN should be doing its best to sign up more countries to refugee resettlement, instead of just demanding more of those that do help.

I have just come home after 2 months in Europe and have seen consequences of this mass illegal emigration. No go areas, street hawkers, scammers, beggars and thieves every where. It's really dragging Europe down.
I spent a couple of months in Europe recently too-couldn't believe how good it was and can't wait to go back.

Well do us all a favor and don't go there. Let me enjoy that beautiful country without running into bogans!

I was in Bangkok a few days ago and everytime I overheard Australian's I mostly cringed, here in Tokyo the Aussies are a more refined bunch...bogan couldn't figure out the Tokyo subway let alone how to order a bowl of ramen. :)

What's your stance on super rich Chinese who buy their way in? If they're not economic refugees then I don't know what are? Why should they get a jump on the queue because they buy a mansion in Toorak and pay below the minimum wage?

I equally agree

one thing is for sure, I would reform property tax to ensure our toorak friends paid their fair share

Oh and I love the way you move the topic to a LOOK OVER THERE. well done champ.

I spent a couple of months in Europe recently too-couldn't believe how good it was and can't wait to go back.

so you like s**t holes? or are you amazed by the architecture; the remanent of when Europe was great.

so you like s**t holes? or are you amazed by the architecture; the remanent of when Europe was great.
haha Did like quite a bit of the architecture but it was more the streets, the food, the people, the atmosphere, the culture, the energy, the clothes-cool place. My 21 year old and 17 year old loved it too.
I figure if you don't like Italy, good luck to you. But you are missing out big time!
What is a remanent?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haha Did like quite a bit of the architecture but it was more the streets, the food, the people, the atmosphere, the culture, the energy, the clothes-cool place. My 21 year old and 17 year old loved it too.
I figure if you don't like Italy, good luck to you. But you are missing out big time!
What is a remanent?

It is great to visit but not to live. Imagine being one of the young European generation who can't find work, have to sell their sex to earn a living and can't afford to move out of mummy and daddy's home.

Sounds like a wonderful place, if your Australian and can afford to go there and live it up. I wouldn't want to be some young Italian who scatches their heads, wondering why I couldn't afford to move out of home let alone travel the world!

But get used to it, we a f'ing up this nation and have a future of europe and no hope to look forward to.

It is great to visit but not to live. Imagine being one of the young European generation who can't find work, have to sell their sex to earn a living and can't afford to move out of mummy and daddy's home.

Sounds like a wonderful place, if your Australian and can afford to go there and live it up. I wouldn't want to be some young Italian who scatches their heads, wondering why I couldn't afford to move out of home let alone travel the world!

But get used to it, we a f'ing up this nation and have a future of europe and no hope to look forward to.
Yep sour puss, it has a few problems atm but don't think they are connected to refugees. I imagine the worm will turn again.
Interestingly, despite their problems, which I was aware of before going there, it didn't feel depressed at all in Rome, Florence, Venice etc. The streets felt as lively as they had 30 years earlier when I was last there.

I was in Bangkok a few days ago and everytime I overheard Australian's I mostly cringed, here in Tokyo the Aussies are a more refined bunch...bogan couldn't figure out the Tokyo subway let alone how to order a bowl of ramen. :)

Yep. Have just returned after 5 years in Asia, including Japan for a year, and I used to run a mile most times I heard an Aussie accent.

I miss Ramen :(

Yep sour puss, it has a few problems atm but don't think they are connected to refugees. I imagine the worm will turn again.
Interestingly, despite their problems, which I was aware of before going there, it didn't feel depressed at all in Rome, Florence, Venice etc. The streets felt as lively as they had 30 years earlier when I was last there.

It has been in decline for a century now, so I don't see the relevance of ATM.

......and lively streets doesn't comfort people who can't afford to leave home, can't find meaningful work etc. oh and did I say europe's problems were because of refugees?

And with that PR outs himself as a garden variety bigot. How is the financial collapse of Greece and Spain the result of refugees mate? The British government having to all but nationalise the Bank of Scotland, refugees too? You talking utter s**t.

Did I make that claim?

Please produce the quote

And with that PR outs himself as a garden variety bigot. How is the financial collapse of Greece and Spain the result of refugees mate? The British government having to all but nationalise the Bank of Scotland, refugees too? You talking utter s**t.

seems as if your emotions have gotten the better of you.

try and relax and focus on what I wrote rather than what you would like to think I wrote

Already fuc*( to a degree. The structural reform which needs to take place (and as per normal reforms which take 5-10 years to take effect) really needed to happen the day before yesterday. A certain section I think are just beginning to realise how tough it will be in the future for them but trying to convince others that $4 lattes and shopping, financial services and property are paper thin service industries that will collapse in a micro second without productive/high demand industries/commodities to back them. The US are nearly overtaking us in terms of restructuring after the GFC and that is saying something.

Also politically we are an economic agent of China and a geopolitical ally of the US. That isn't sustainable. Seriously tried telling someone of an older vintage the other day the young need to be sold hope and a solid structure not a future career servicing and arse kissing the Chinese or fighting for the US. Response they will have no choice. Felt like saying whatever.

Sadly if the right wing continues its assent there will be hell to pay when the policies regarding health services and pensions take effect. Others simply get caught in the net.

Right now what I think is needed immediately is a unifying figure who can sell a decent vision and rebuild civil society (Latham sort of touched on this in 04 but his personality dissonance meant he couldn't sell it) and have great economic backing behind him. Rudd was and Abbott/Hockey are too divisive at present.

some people are motivated by fear others success.

Some people don't want immigrants because of the fear of job competition. Thus your comment will resonate with some.

A moron could be pardoned for thinking this can happen with out planning, without a process or by a process run by boat people.

Personally I would think for this to be achieved, it needs to be a well co-ordinated process across the departments at state and federal level, run by the government (not boat smugglers or lawyers), needs to be orderly, needs to focused on the 97% of immigrants who do the right thing and needs to be focused on long term success.

But I do appreciate some people are focused on end goal utopias and have no appreciation for hard work.

There's one word that has summed up peoples irrationality.

What is a remanent?

As a tourist you usually only see the nicer aspects of a country - like you don't see many tourists strolling around the back streets of Corio. :p

My mother still lives in England. Parts of the town where she lives have become no go areas for whites due to racist attacks by Pakistani gangs. 66% of the ethnic minority population are under 24, compared with 34% of the white population. And the unemployment rate in the Pakistani and Bangladeshi communities is 25%.

This is repeated across the UK. We are not seeing multiculturalism, it's more like racial segregation. The Muslims to lead separate lives, in separate areas, speaking their native languages. And it's like this because the Muslim community refuses to integrate.

As a tourist you usually only see the nicer aspects of a country - like you don't see many tourists strolling around the back streets of Corio. :p

My mother still lives in England. Parts of the town where she lives have become no go areas for whites due to racist attacks by Pakistani gangs. 66% of the ethnic minority population are under 24, compared with 34% of the white population. And the unemployment rate in the Pakistani and Bangladeshi communities is 25%.

This is repeated across the UK. We are not seeing multiculturalism, it's more like racial segregation. The Muslims to lead separate lives, in separate areas, speaking their native languages. And it's like this because the Muslim community refuses to integrate.

Dunno where your ma lives Lester, but when I lived in the UK, mainly in those lower SES areas of Manchester and Lancashire the only "no go" areas were populated by no-necked, BNP types with an unhealthy regard for the orange order. I stll carry the scars from such encounters. As ffor the Pakis, never had trouble with them nor feared them. In fact, due to playing cricket developed friendships with many.

It has been in decline for a century now, so I don't see the relevance of ATM.

......and lively streets doesn't comfort people who can't afford to leave home, can't find meaningful work etc. oh and did I say europe's problems were because of refugees?
Well not sure how you define 'in decline' has been a pretty top place for mine for some time, so suspect a slight exaggeration.
Whilst I understand that there is no substitute for having a job, I can't see the need to write Italy off.
The discussion i was involved with, the poster was trashing Europe because of refugees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back