Stop the boats. 5k a head. (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't sully your reputation Motty....quote us the bit you're talking about.:drunk::drunk:

I we sunk them we'd stop them.:drunk::drunk:
Grossman said Australia should not punish asylum seekers because they had arrived in the country by boat, or had paid people smugglers for the journey.

“People smugglers could be smuggling people with valid refugee claims … desperate people running from desperate situations sometimes resort to smugglers,” he said.
:oops:.

Most refugees who arrive by boat are found to be legitimate.
Yes because the systems allow this fact to occur. Hence how a number of other countries have wanted to/tried to/have changed their refugee evaluation policies due to their exploitation.

Grossman said Australia should not punish asylum seekers because they had arrived in the country by boat, or had paid people smugglers for the journey.
“People smugglers could be smuggling people with valid refugee claims … desperate people running from desperate situations sometimes resort to smugglers,” he said.
Therefore:

Like lots the bit where the chair Grossman condones human traffickers. What a wonderfully consistent body the UN is.
:drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:Motty Logic:drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

Therefore:

Like lots the bit where the chair Grossman condones human traffickers. What a wonderfully consistent body the UN is.
:drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:Motty Logic:drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:
Human trafficking is people smuggling. Don't let facts get in the way of your stupidity or that of the UN however :oops:.

Attachments

• 1477683_918574494834273_4574593377880486934_n.png
    1477683_918574494834273_4574593377880486934_n.png
    92.4 KB · Views: 6
So one bigoted nutter who is sending letters is enough to shut the whole system down?
Gee you are good, one bigoted nutter? Who wants to shut the system down?
I have heard of the saying of 'reading between the lines' but you are very good even reading lines that aren't there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, it isn't just boat people now. Legitimate refugees cleared by the UNHCR will not be able to come to Australia from Indonesia. This puts to rest any argument about cue jumping. The man is unhinged, happy to destroy our relationship with our neighbors and see pointless suffering all for political ends.

A dangerous man and I am starting to think, one happy to be provoking conflict.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...or-refugees-in-indonesia-20141118-11p7ww.html

Scott Morrison cuts off access to Australia for refugees in Indonesia

Australia has taken its stand against boat arrivals to a new level, saying it will no longer resettle asylum seekers found to be refugees by the United Nation's refugee agency in Indonesia who registered after July 1.

But Fairfax Media understands the decision could be wider than this, and may be applied to all asylum seekers found to be genuine refugees recommended by UNHCR in transit countries such as Syria, Iran, Malaysia and Iraq.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...or-refugees-in-indonesia-20141118-11p7ww.html

Look at the groups that get persecuted the most in Syria and Iran, and what their political beliefs are.

Then look at the religious/political bent of the African refugees the Coalition promote as being more worthy of our care.

It gets clearer.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2014/11/18/govt-close-door-all-unhcr-refugees
The Abbott government has closed the door on accepting all refugees registered with a United Nations agency for resettlement in Australia.

Immigration Minister Scott Morrison on Tuesday announced Australia will no longer accept asylum seekers who applied for resettlement after July 1 this year through the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees office in Indonesia.

But AAP understands the ban on UNHCR applicants applies across the board to all countries and came into force on July 1.

Mr Morrison's office was unavailable to comment.

The UNHCR's Canberra office also refused interview requests.

It's believed the organisation's criticism of the Cambodian refugee resettlement deal may be a factor in the decision.

Refugee lawyer David Manne said it was an appalling move by "Fortress Australia" that would put peoples' lives in danger.

"Australia is fundamentally shirking its responsibilities to refugees," he told AAP.

"Australia is taking an isolationist approach in an international system."

The decision would damage Australia's reputation globally, particularly its bid for a seat on the UN's human rights council.

"Every time Australia goes it alone in this way and radically deviates from our international obligations, Australia damages its case to take a leadership role," Mr Manne said.

Earlier, Mr Morrison said the decision would deter people from using Indonesia as a gateway for asylum, and crush people smugglers' businesses.

"It is important that these places are not taken up by people seeking to exploit the (humanitarian) program by shopping for resettlement through a transit country," he said.

Instead, it would encourage them to stay in the first port of asylum and lodge an application from there, the minister said.

The Australian Greens said it was a hard-hearted decision that would especially affect refugees fleeing from Iraq and Afghanistan.

"It's appalling ... and cruelty writ large," Greens leader Christine Milne told reporters in Canberra.

Labor is seeking advice from the UNHCR about the effect of the change and "urgent" briefings from the government and Indonesian authorities.

Opposition immigration spokesman Richard Marles said Australia should be generous with its humanitarian intake but regional co-operation was the key to tackling people smuggling.

Indonesian Immigration Department spokesman Heriyanto told AAP his department had discussed the change in policy, which he referred to as a "moratorium".

Indonesia would continue to co-operate with the UNHCR and International Organisation for Migration, which shelter refugees and asylum seekers, he said.

"No matter what we cannot let them be neglected," Heriyanto said.

"Their hope is to enter a third country.

"If Australia rejects them it's my prediction there will be a decreasing trend of them coming to Indonesia, but that's just my prediction."

The UNHCR confirmed it had been advised of Australia's decision but said discussions on the issue were ongoing.

"We encourage resettlement countries including Australia to ensure that refugees are selected based on their protection needs, regardless of nationality, ethnicity, religion, family composition and other such factors," it said in a statement.

As of April this year, the UNHCR had recorded 10,623 asylum seekers and refugees in Indonesia, awaiting resettlement.

At that time, about 100 people were registering at its Jakarta office weekly.

By September, that number was fluctuating at around 70 to 80 each week.

The UNHCR's Indonesia representative, Manuel Jordao, told reporters in April the Jakarta office's caseload had ballooned.

Everyone who registered with the UNHCR in Jakarta was staying.

A year before, 50 per cent would not return six months after registering, presumably because they'd left by boat.

Between September 2013 and January 31 this year, 360 people were accepted for resettlement from Indonesia, most of them by Australia.

More current figures were not immediately available.
Can we please now end the f**ing charade that the government's refugee policy is about saving lives.

Misleading title in the SBS report another glaring example of their outlandish bias. We aren't stopping all UNHC settlement in Australia, just those from Indonesia, which is a good move and one I bet Indonesia supports. Wont alter our intake one iota, simply stops cashed up country shoppers travelling half way round the world to lob in Indonesia, destination Australia. Beautifully knobbles the live human traders and corrupt politicians in Indonesia, removes their supply.

Not sure why I have been tagged here Jiska?

You may be suprised to know that I 100% support a policy of on-shore processing of those who make it to our shores.

I realise it's not as simple as this will sound, but for mind anyone desperate enough to live in Australia that they are willing to sell everything they have to the last penny to fund a trip across the high seas in a rusty pile of junk that barely floats....more than meets the criteria for potential worthwhile and contributing members of the Australian community IMO.

Let's be real....we have and continue to bring in plenty of incompatible people into this country through legitimate channels - people who are bringing all sorts of engrained cultural prejudices and issues with them, (eg the Lebanese Muslim arrivals of the 80s)....it's ridiculous the way we carry on about the relative drop in a bucket that come 'illegally'.

I'll take the bloke willing to die to get here, over the bloke with a visa who will spawn Bilal Skaf any day.

Not sure why I have been tagged here Jiska?

You may be suprised to know that I 100% support a policy of on-shore processing of those who make it to our shores.

I realise it's not as simple as this will sound, but for mind anyone desperate enough to live in Australia that they are willing to sell everything they have to the last penny to fund a trip across the high seas in a rusty pile of junk that barely floats....more than meets the criteria for potential worthwhile and contributing members of the Australian community IMO.

Let's be real....we have and continue to bring in plenty of incompatible people into this country through legitimate channels - people who are bringing all sorts of engrained cultural prejudices and issues with them, (eg the Lebanese Muslim arrivals of the 80s)....it's ridiculous the way we carry on about the relative drop in a bucket that come 'illegally'.

I'll take the bloke willing to die to get here, over the bloke with a visa who will spawn Bilal Skaf any day.
Hats off to you good sir, that is one of your best posts ever!

Wow imagine a sniper like you demanding responses from others. The nerve.

If it were up to me I would pull out of the UN refugee process entirely.

But at least this is a start. Our refugee policy will not be dictated by the UN. It will be done strictly in the best interests of Australia. I know you don't like it but since all your alternatives suck and don't work we will go with what works instead.

Following on from Phoenix's response. If we are going to bring in people based on what they can contribute why not just sell visa places to the highest bidder? Why have them give money to a people smuggler when they can give it to us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back