Stop the boats. 5k a head. (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, which is why the whole "well there are others waiting in camps!" argument is frogshit.

Most of the people "waiting" in camps are not waiting for resettlement, they are just waiting to return home.

Oh really? Australia, unlike Iran, has one of the highest per capita full resettlement rates of UN refugees in the world.

And guess what, they all come from the UN camps because they can't go home because they are genuine refugees.

You apparently supported Labor's policy in government of handing all these refugee places to people smuggler clients. Now you are even saying these refugees didn't even exist.

Well that's par for the course.

Oh really? Australia, unlike Iran, has one of the highest per capita full resettlement rates of UN refugees in the world.

And guess what, they all come from the UN camps because they can't go home because they are genuine refugees.

You apparently supported Labor's policy in government of handing all these refugee places to people smuggler clients. Now you are even saying these refugees didn't even exist.

Well that's par for the course.

I didn't support Labor's policy at all. I support placing the most amount of refugees possible in Australia for the lowest cost possible.

I don't even know why you brought the Iranian state into this, I don't think you understand the situation at all, or my comments.

Labour will keep the Navy doing what they're doing now . . . with 100% support of the coalition in opposition. (thanks Tony)

Labour however will close the now redundant offshore processing centers.

Without xenophobia to rally around the Coalition will then be in opposition for a decade. Thanks Tony.

I didn't support Labor's policy at all. I support placing the most amount of refugees possible in Australia for the lowest cost possible.

I don't even know why you brought the Iranian state into this,

The reference to Iran was because this discussion originated with Scon bringing up Iran at #7733.

I took your statement to be that most people waiting in UN camps are not waiting for resettlement. If so, that is ignorant and absurd. But perhaps you were referring to non- UN camps.

Because refugees have been pretty damn awesome for Australia. And also they are people.
Some refugees have been beneficial for Australia but not all which is why we need to be very vigilant as to who we let settle here. This is particularly relevant to those who are not genuine refugees which is the case with many who choose to come by boat.

The reference to Iran was because this discussion originated with Scon bringing up Iran at #7733.

I took your statement to be that most people waiting in UN camps are not waiting for resettlement. If so, that is ignorant and absurd. But perhaps you were referring to non- UN camps.

But I didn't say UN camps, I said camps.

And we are ignoring the article that I posted. Who is prepared to defend a policy that is considered tantamount to torture by the UN? The same UN that was so important in the wake of the MH 17 disaster.

The point is no doubt being ignored because it is just another collection of UN "coulds, mights and maybes" platitudes without conviction and carrying no substance.

Fine. I was reffing to UN camps. You apparantly missed that distinction when reading post #7752

Yeah I just don't think you followed the available information to the logical conclusion.

UN camps like the one in Quetta regularly come under fire from the Taliban/ISI. The people there will never be resettled through the UN, just registered.

When people say "there are millions in Iran, Syria etc" they miss the point that those camps are not for resettlement.

There is no queue, its boat or nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about a bit less hysteria about the whole issue? If people arrive by boat assess in a calm, methodical manner whether they are genuine refugees. If they are allow them to stay. If they aren't they go back to their country of origin.

Are we as a country capable of that?

I have always advocated a sustainable immigration policy controlled by our government rather than people smugglers. This helps Australia, the immigrants and Indonesia.

And we are ignoring the article that I posted. Who is prepared to defend a policy that is considered tantamount to torture by the UN? The same UN that was so important in the wake of the MH 17 disaster.

but that is not what I thought it said.

I read it as some busted ass lawyer expressing an opinion about lost fees. Are you sure it was the opinion of the UN or a busted ass lawyer?

but I do note your qualifying words being added this time

Last edited:
Yeah I just don't think you followed the available information to the logical conclusion.

UN camps like the one in Quetta regularly come under fire from the Taliban/ISI. The people there will never be resettled through the UN, just registered.

When people say "there are millions in Iran, Syria etc" they miss the point that those camps are not for resettlement.

There is no queue, its boat or nothing.

Australia has probably already taken UN processed refugees from the Quetta camp in the past.

The queue is composed of uncashed up refugees who have already passed the UN processing.

The boat people are highly cashed up people smuggler customers who take their chance on scamming the system.
Every single one of them took the place of a non cashed up refugee waiting for a chance at Austraolia in a UN camp.

Australia has probably already taken UN processed refugees from the Quetta camp in the past.

The queue is composed of uncashed up refugees who have already passed the UN processing.

The boat people are highly cashed up people smuggler customers who take their chance on scamming the system.
Every single one of them took the place of a non cashed up refugee waiting for a chance at Austraolia in a UN camp.

Many of the boat arrivals are fleeing Quetta. They're the same people as the ones in the camp. They're escaping FROM the camp.

You should go and speak to some refugees.

Many of the boat arrivals are fleeing Quetta. They're the same people as the ones in the camp. They're escaping FROM the camp.

You should go and speak to some refugees.

Where do they stop off to pick up the $12500 lolly to buy the people smuggler Oz citizenship guarantee and the ticket to ride?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back