Stop the boats. 5k a head. (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll risk the wrath of the free speech goons and speak plain then.

Refugees from muslim conflict zones are a massive security risk as they are the prime perpetrators of religious terrorism in western countries. Australians should be demanding much greater vigilance by authorities when granting permanent residency to muslims "escaping" muslim conflicts. Two innocent Australians died this week because a fanatic slipped through the cracks, a so called "lone wolf" who many declared had "crazy and unrepresentative religious views" but inexplicably attracted 14,000 likes on his facebook page.
Yep but given the length of time he has been here ( nearly 20 years), and the list of criminal or noticeable behaviors he has engaged in since his arrival, one might conclude that the failure here lies with the internal authorities rather than the immigration process. And even then, maybe the courts granted bail in reasonable circumstances and sometimes bad/unstable people do horrible things and nobody else is accountable or to blame.

Oh no point, just like to inform all the Morrison haters.
Not sure that is the point, few here have denied that the boats have stopped, so I am afraid you have wasted your time.

The so called Morrison and policy haters have greater concerns than the boats stopping. One being the current treatment of people in detention.
Now if you can give me figures on how many AS have health, emotional issues and their subsequent treatment, it would be much more interesting to most of us.
It would be a real positive if it could be answered without referring to deaths at sea, blood on your hands, or for some that have an unhealthy fixation on people smugglers, how many do your want here blah, blah, blah. That would make interesting reading.

It seems that every time one questions detention centres and the implications of the new policies, people cannot respond but begin to derail, talk of the past, Rudd/Gillard history. Is it perhaps because they cannot justify?

Please back up your assertion that refugees are security risks with actual facts.

Fair point should have said muslim "immigrants". Whats the diff?

You are surely not arguing that islamic immigrants are not the primary perpetrators of terrorist atrocities in western countries?

Except its not a claim its fact. 50,000 arrivals under Labor is fact.

Most arrive here from the middle east without ID yet remain here, which is frankly scary in lieu of the atrocities occuring throughout the muslim world, this weeks events in Sydney.
I was referring to your lie about Labor letting Monis in and your irrelevant, transparent diversion of raising the number of refugees Labor allegedly let in.

Are you really that stupid or just that being obstructive?;)

Tony Abbott almost became Catholic priest...

That's pretty relevant too....or maybe not?

your lie about Labor letting Monis in

This is your imagination, Monis arrived under John Howard and I never said otherwise. I deliberately cited cross party government failure to project Australians citizens through poorly derived immigration/refugee policies. Mind you Labor failures are on steroids, as evidenced by the 50,000 recent John Doe's walking our streets.

This is your imagination, Monis arrived under John Howard and I never said otherwise. I deliberately cited cross party government failure to project Australians citizens through poorly derived immigration/refugee policies. Mind you Labor failures are on steroids, as evidenced by the 50,000 recent John Doe's walking our streets.
He has been here for almost 20 years-doesn't that suggest to you that it isn't the immigration process that is an issue here?
Could you please give me the verification that tells us there are 50,000 John Doe's too, while we are at it.

Yep but given the length of time he has been here ( nearly 20 years), and the list of criminal or noticeable behaviors he has engaged in since his arrival, one might conclude that the failure here lies with the internal authorities rather than the immigration process. And even then, maybe the courts granted bail in reasonable circumstances and sometimes bad/unstable people do horrible things and nobody else is accountable or to blame.

Good reasoned post. I agree with most of it as there multiple cross departmental failings here.

However please remember that ultimately this Monis character was granted permanent Australian citizenship, a process that takes years, even while demonstrating traits that should have seen him rejected. Every report I've read (and I have no reason to disbelieve them), says he's never held a job, he's claimed dubious disability support, recieved $120k legal aid after fighting a measily 300hr community service order after sending grossly offensive material to the families of grieving servicemen... all the while spreading his hate-filled diatrabes all over the place (receiving 14,000 likes on his facebook page). This on top of his accessory to murder, multiple sexual assault charges. What chills my blood is when I hear advocates pointing to the high rate of applicants granted asylum here, if a creature like this get permanancy what's that say about the assessment process?

Last edited:
Good reasoned post. I agree with most of it as there multiple cross departmental failings here.

However please remember that ultimately this Monis character was granted permanent Australian citizenship, a process that takes years, even while demonstrating traits that should have seen him rejected. Every report I've read (and I have no reason to disbelieve them), says he's never held a job, he's claimed dubious disability support, recieved $120k legal aid after fighting a measily 300hr community service order after sending grossly offensive material to the families of grieving servicemen... all the while spreading his hate-filled diatrabes all over the place (receiving 14,000 likes on his facebook page). This on top of his accessory to murder, multiple sexual assault charges.
Yep but really from what I can gather he hadn't done anything really serious or offensive or criminal until the last five years. Before that, just another slightly odd person with a couple of minor incidents. Can't consider deportation for that.
ps you can't send someone back for being a dole bludger, even if it is annoying. Doubt it is the norm in any case. My anecdotal experience is that most people who come here work hard, if not harder to give their children a better chance than they have had.

He's never worked. Never held a job. On that basis alone permanancy should have been denied.

Firstly the source I read was the Herald sun -so who knows how accurate the info is. And secondly that article said he 'hadn't held down a job'- which is a bit different. Did you read anything else with more convincing info?
And, as unappealing as it is, is it a knock back for permanency? Laziness? I'm not sure-seems a bit rigid. Once you accept someone, unless they really step out of line, they are just members of our society and who can tell them what a decent citizen behaves like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair point should have said muslim "immigrants". Whats the diff?

You are surely not arguing that islamic immigrants are not the primary perpetrators of terrorist atrocities in western countries?
I was about to say if you don't know the difference between asylum seekers and Muslim immigrants you should do a bit of research before you continue but I see you've been told already.
I may have underestimated our Ricky Maggie5 ;seems he may know one end of a spanner from the other,or perhaps he's receiving guidance from the big Mechanic in the sky??:confused:

I wonder if people in the Middle East have a forum where they can discuss what they must perceive as acts of Western terrorism?
I doubt it very much, we are not allowed to have one here, so i suspect they also may not have access to express their views.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back