Society & Culture Strange people you have worked with

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
worked in a nursing home for a couple of years quite a while back.

did the majority of my shifts with a pleasant, (seemingly) straight-laced middle-aged woman, she had two teenaged kids, would have been mid-40's.

we always got along well, she was very supportive while I learned the job and would also occasionally give me a lift home after work.

from time to time she would also compliment me on my looks, but in a very subtle way, so that I couldn't be sure if she was flirting or just being nice.

this went on for about 18 months, and very slowly over time she became slightly more forward in her flirtations.

one evening all hell broke loose; she paid me a compliment and I returned it, telling her I thought she was quite attractive (she was ok).

one thing led to another, and before I knew it she was on her knees in a darkened, *but occupied* nursing home room (there were two highly dependent oldies in the room, asleep, but even if they weren't they weren't exactly with it, dementia is a bitch ..)

from that moment on she routinely surprised me with her willingness to take risks in order to satisfy whatever desires she had - we would meet briefly before work and she would blow me, she would blow me at work quite regularly too.

finally one night after we had completed most of our duties she just looked at me intently and said 'come on' - she then led me up to the toilet, dragged me in, dropped her pants, sat me down and rode me like cowgirl.

it was pretty daring as any other staff member could have walked in at any time.

in the end I left the job, but not without some regret, as she wasnt the only chick I had some success with there - so, in summary, I suppose she was 'strange' (thus fitting the criteria of this thread) as she seemed so Mumsy and nice, but in reality was a raving knob fiend.

nice lady.

sounds like fun :)

Ed_Gein

Very good. But brick not hit back!
Dec 17, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers, Liverpool, Storm.
i skim read the first couple of lines and i thought for a moment that you were shagging a 60+ year old because i missed the word 'teenager'. had to re-read to make sure. great story though. :thumbsu:

Chops_a_must

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Apr 20, 2008
The Terrortory!
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Uni Rats! Believeburgh
one thing led to another, and before I knew it she was on her knees in a darkened, *but occupied* nursing home room (there were two highly dependent oldies in the room, asleep, but even if they weren't they weren't exactly with it, dementia is a bitch ..)

Mmm... recrimination free public sex.

What we all crave.

Brad Goodman

His name isn't important
Oct 7, 2002
AFL Club
Collingwood
We had no plastic spoons in our on-site bistro so I just ate my yoghurt with a plastic fork instead. If the guy sitting next to me posted on Bigfooty I'm guessing he would post that in here.

bballscout

Cancelled
Apr 22, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Great thread haha. Im in the Armed services but before I joined worked at a water park on the gold coast. As is the case alot of women walking around wearing bikini's.

1 of the lifeguards there would publically wank over these girls in front of them! He didnt deny it and unfortunetly saw it myself a few times. He kept it not obvious eg over the top of his pants but in full view! Crazy stuff and apparently got caught a few times, management didnt even sack him straight away. He finally got sacked I heard when 1 day he was guarding the large pool and completely dropped his pants and did it. Legal proceedings going on also for bringing the company in to disrepute.

Internet Origins

Senior List
Suspended
Mar 10, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I've never worked with strange people, nor do I have any stories. My work has always revolved around intelligence, hard work, and in general being awesome. The only slight story I might have, is that someone who I did not meet, but worked in my industry, was a monkey.

I've never worked with strange people, nor do I have any stories. My work has always revolved around intelligence, hard work, and in general being awesome. The only slight story I might have, is that someone who I did not meet, but worked in my industry, was a monkey.

I would've thought after the whole Andrew Symonds saga people would have learned you can't call them that anymore.

doesnt happen to me anymore either :mad: :(

was a long time ago, close to 10 years ... as I touched upon, she wasnt the only woman at that particular workplace that I kicked a goal with either - although she was the only one willing to partake in the actual workplace itself ..

Works at nursing home.

Vague about 'other women'.

Rockford

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 22, 2006
Halls Head
AFL Club
Geelong
Middle Eastern immigrant at a place I used to do contract work for would always refuse to speak to me. Which was awkward as I had been brought in to fix the issues with their website and he was their senior developer. In meetings I'd ask him a question and he would give the answer to his boss and then ask his boss to tell me though I was sitting right there. He also refused to let me look at any code as he thought I was a security risk. Went on for a while like this, eventually I had a junior guy give me his credentials to access the code base and essentially the issues with the website is that this guy had no idea what he was doing and was just cut and pasting stuff off the web. He got fired. A couple of months later a letter arrives from him. Crazy stuff like suggesting I was spying for the post office (I have no idea what that would entail) and that he knew that when I was listening to the radio at work that I was really sending signals back to HQ. Also said I would never catch him and that he had now legally changed his name to be my name so that the post office would fire me for having the same name as their biggest enemy. I think it's funny now but at the time I was paranoid he'd be waiting for me in the car park after work.

muttweed

Cancelled
May 28, 2011
Western VIC
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Josh Caddy
Middle Eastern immigrant at a place I used to do contract work for would always refuse to speak to me. Which was awkward as I had been brought in to fix the issues with their website and he was their senior developer. In meetings I'd ask him a question and he would give the answer to his boss and then ask his boss to tell me though I was sitting right there. He also refused to let me look at any code as he thought I was a security risk. Went on for a while like this, eventually I had a junior guy give me his credentials to access the code base and essentially the issues with the website is that this guy had no idea what he was doing and was just cut and pasting stuff off the web. He got fired. A couple of months later a letter arrives from him. Crazy stuff like suggesting I was spying for the post office (I have no idea what that would entail) and that he knew that when I was listening to the radio at work that I was really sending signals back to HQ. Also said I would never catch him and that he had now legally changed his name to be my name so that the post office would fire me for having the same name as their biggest enemy. I think it's funny now but at the time I was paranoid he'd be waiting for me in the car park after work.
Hahahaha! Little bit ****ed in the head

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 15, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong

:eek: whoah that is a bit disturbing, sounds like he was seriously schizo ..

Hodgepodge

Hall of Famer
Suspended
30k Posts 10k Posts
Apr 28, 2008
Erin Riley's air mattress
AFL Club
Hawthorn
First, great thread.

The first day this new employee came to work I found her sitting on the footpath, not the curb, not on a step, on the actual path. She was taking her shoes off which I thought was odd, and it was a sign of things to come.

She tried to monopolize the use of the phone for some reason. One time someone got to the phone first and her face turned purple and she mouthed swear words and raised her fist like she was going to punch the person in the back of the head.

Then I find her messing around with the office server trying to do my job, (IT), and I was tactfully correcting her and she goes apeshit, yelling every swear word she could think of and charging upstairs where she starts crying.

Eventually I report her for this kind of behaviour, and it stops.

She was weird socially too, she'd just jump into any conversation with complete non sequiturs about how she went to Puppetry of the Penis or a ride she went on at Seaworld.

She'd also talk about random people using their first names, even though nobody knew who they were. When asked she'd explain it was her brother or sister, or cousin, and so forth.

She'd also spend hours doing literally nothing. Most of the time she'd colour in her bus schedule or something while everyone else was working, and when the boss wasn't around she'd just go around chatting. She seemed to want to do other people's jobs rather than her own.

Sep 15, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong
First, great thread.

The first day this new employee came to work I found her sitting on the footpath, not the curb, not on a step, on the actual path. She was taking her shoes off which I thought was odd, and it was a sign of things to come.

She tried to monopolize the use of the phone for some reason. One time someone got to the phone first and her face turned purple and she mouthed swear words and raised her fist like she was going to punch the person in the back of the head.

Then I find her messing around with the office server trying to do my job, (IT), and I was tactfully correcting her and she goes apeshit, yelling every swear word she could think of and charging upstairs where she starts crying.

Eventually I report her for this kind of behaviour, and it stops.

She was weird socially too, she'd just jump into any conversation with complete non sequiturs about how she went to Puppetry of the Penis or a ride she went on at Seaworld.

She'd also talk about random people using their first names, even though nobody knew who they were. When asked she'd explain it was her brother or sister, or cousin, and so forth.
She'd also spend hours doing literally nothing. Most of the time she'd colour in her bus schedule or something while everyone else was working, and when the boss wasn't around she'd just go around chatting. She seemed to want to do other people's jobs rather than her own.

sounds like a nutter.

The bolded part actually reminds me of someone I used to work with, quite an attractive girl, I fancied her a bit before I got to know her, but she would quite often do that, talking about friends of hers as though you should know who the hell she was on about.

Found out later she had severe epilepsy and had in fact had a small part of her brain removed. :eek:

Mar 5, 2005
Between the Big Sticks
AFL Club
West Coast
I had a few a characters at my IT job a few years back.

One developer was a guy in his 50s, he lived on a farm out in the country, so he'd have a long commute to/from work... anyway anytime he was describing code, he would refer to the objects/nouns in his code as farm animals, "so this puppy is talking to this dog class, which is barking the parameters to its cat method and returning a chicken string"... his love for dogs was made obvious when he would spell his last name to someone over the phone "that's D for dog, R for Rover, L for Labradoodle...", spelling out his name using dog breeds for each letter. One day I went up to him as I had a question about some code he wrote..."no no, not right now, i'm watching something very important"... i looked at his monitor and he's watching "Land Before Time" on youtube... I cracked up laughing right there. Then he'd have to stay in the office to get his specific V-Line train home, and so he'd call up his wife "yeah yeah... i'm taking the 6:50 train home.... want me to pick up some fish n' chips on the way hooooooooooooome?" (really exaggerated) "ok... see you... byyyyyyyyyee" (in a squeaky voice), he'd hang up and then would say "woof woof" to himself.

Then there was the Asian who would always mutter something non-sensical to himself, then utter a little chuckle and then say "stupid". Other times, especially when it was all quiet in the office, he'd suddenly stretch out his arms in the air and go "ayaaaaaaaaaa stupid".

The Pom that sat next to him couldn't stand him, but he was a bit of a character himself, with a short fuse. One day he got pissed off with farm developer as he had told me him off after they had a disagreement... I had my headphones on and I hear something fell really hard to the floor behind me... I figured that something just fell off someone's desk, but then I heard the same noise, again, and again, and again". I take my headphones off and turn around... he took his keyboard and slammed it against the desk several times with the keys flying everywhere, then stormed out of the office... the whole place was taken a back a bit, looking at the farm developer for an explanation, who would only say something like "woof woof" or something similar... about half an hour later, the Pom would return, find all the keys from his keyboard on the floor, put them back in their rightful spots on his keyboard, then continued to work as if nothing happened... both he and farm developer sent apology emails to the whole office the next day. Probably a year or so later, the Pom went to the kitchen at work and suddenly all you could hear was dishes getting smashed. I went to check out what happened a few minutes later... apparently he took all the dishes that was in the dish washer and threw them all over the floor, apparently he didn't like the way they were arranged in the dish washer and expressed his disapproval by smashing them. The boss sent him for 6 weeks of anger management, but was never fired since he was still very highly skilled and knowledgeable.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
I had a few a characters at my IT job a few years back.

One developer was a guy in his 50s, he lived on a farm out in the country, so he'd have a long commute to/from work... anyway anytime he was describing code, he would refer to the objects/nouns in his code as farm animals, "so this puppy is talking to this dog class, which is barking the parameters to its cat method and returning a chicken string"... his love for dogs was made obvious when he would spell his last name to someone over the phone "that's D for dog, R for Rover, L for Labradoodle...", spelling out his name using dog breeds for each letter. One day I went up to him as I had a question about some code he wrote..."no no, not right now, i'm watching something very important"... i looked at his monitor and he's watching "Land Before Time" on youtube... I cracked up laughing right there. Then he'd have to stay in the office to get his specific V-Line train home, and so he'd call up his wife "yeah yeah... i'm taking the 6:50 train home.... want me to pick up some fish n' chips on the way hooooooooooooome?" (really exaggerated) "ok... see you... byyyyyyyyyee" (in a squeaky voice), he'd hang up and then would say "woof woof" to himself.
This one is great. I'm still giggling about the Land Before Time..

Mar 5, 2005
Between the Big Sticks
AFL Club
West Coast
This one is great. I'm still giggling about the Land Before Time..

one guy at work was getting married and a few people were invited, except him, so when the wedding was brought up in discussion, farm developer uttered "I wasn't invited to the wedding. Too ugly."

i remember this other guy on the verge of retirement... whenever someone printed more than one piece of paper and he was around near the printer, he would always ask the person who was coming up to the printer to get his/her print out, "War and Peace?", every time

I used to do mail sorting at night ...... there were just a few of us doing it and one was a short fat guy called PJ and another was Doug.
Every now and again PJ would come out with some humorous? remark to break the silence and Doug said 'If I want you to talk, I'll rattle a pig bone' ........ so next time he said something he said 'Hang on.....' gets a tin and rattles it with a pen and says 'OK, now you can talk'.

volcboy

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I used to do mail sorting at night ...... there were just a few of us doing it and one was a short fat guy called PJ and another was Doug.
Every now and again PJ would come out with some humorous? remark to break the silence and Doug said 'If I want you to talk, I'll rattle a pig bone' ........ so next time he said something he said 'Hang on.....' gets a tin and rattles it with a pen and says 'OK, now you can talk'.

You might enjoy reading this

865733_com_postoffice.jpg

DTRAIN87

Cancelled
Suspended
Mar 18, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
We had this blonde shift manager at the warehouse I worked at over summer who used to chuck hissy fits when male employees did anything seemingly above their duty. Once I went to the computer and looked something up as we were given 100 less of the item than required and so she snuck up behind me and tapped me on the shoulder asking me what I was doing before proceeding to lecture me on my job. This was before the second boss of the business came and listened and laughed at her when I rolled her and said that she or the other supervisor weren't there and I was simply following her orders earlier to not sit around and do nothing because it is wasting our productivity. She then proceeded to abuse me in front of her boss as well to which she ended up going off and having a cry because he told her that I had done the right thing in terms of work practices as he knew she was in the office. Secondly she tried to blame me for the fact I got a free hour with the other two shift supervisors who were my mates as she made me copy 600 invoices that were unneeded and when the same boss of her's came back and found this out she started blaming me for it despite the fact that I had two witnesses including the other boss' younger brother that she had in fact told me to do them. She then had another hissy fit and went home citing harassment and stress. Finally the last straw was when the forklift driver wanted to talk about his pay. He had been paid for 10 hours when in fact he worked for over 100 hours in the fortnight. She turned round and threw books at him and launched in to a tirade about him being an idiot and not listening to her by complaining about it at a wrong time before he proceeded to tell the manager that he would sue the firm for workplace safety breaches and report them to worksafe if she wasn't dealt with immediately. She was reassigned to another area and never allowed back in the warehouse again. She was a great example of why simply working hard doesn't make you a good manager. There is more to go with that as well.

You might enjoy reading this

Ta mate looks good.

That was one of my first jobs and as a 17 year old a fun experience. After work [about 4am] Doug would give me a lift home in his hot FJ Holden. As there was no traffic etc he gunned it onto the Sunshine overpass going the wrong way up the exit ramp :eek: then a hairy run down the middle of the road along my street which was 2 miles long :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back