Stuart MacGill suing CA for $2.6m

Remove this Banner Ad

If you don't ask - you don't get - out of court settlement financial details suppressed coming up. Fwiw, I had the pleasure of having a night in his company at the Randwick Rugby Club almost 20 years ago - he is no fool, calls a spade a spade, but I enjoyed the fact that he was prepared to explain his position on anything with a more than reasonable argument.

Certainly one cricketer I would quite like to meet. Seems like a pretty rational kind of person.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why has he taken nearly six and a half years to make this claim, though? You'd think if this was money that he was genuinely owed, and he was making his living from cricket, that he would have been right onto it at the time it was not being paid, or soon after.
Can't help but think Stu's separation from his wife may have left the money tree a little bear. Also likely held off on making the claim to make sure half of any compo paid didn't go straight into the ex's bank account.

Can't help but think Stu's separation from his wife may have left the money tree a little bear.
Polar-Bear-009.jpg

Let's have the players running through the forest in the middle of the night. Then when somebody inevitably gets hurt, we'll deny liability and skip out on the injury compensation.

But Stuart MacGill is the bad guy...

He was also injured on that infamous boot camp, which basically ended his career.

So he was injured in training, taking part in a boot camp under the directive of CA - not playing cricket.

His claims are very well grounded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back