Stuff you've always wondered

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been wondering why Lleyton Hewitt is still playing tennis since 2009. Anyone got any answers? I just get more questions as the years go by

I've been wondering why Lleyton Hewitt is still playing tennis since 2009. Anyone got any answers? I just get more questions as the years go by

lol for real?

Hes competitive and earns great money

Looks like the real Aussie way is to disrespect any sportsman who continues to play at the top level though not being the absolute best

Probably the dumbest statement I've seen in a long time. Really, really dumb.

edit: I'm still just sitting here shocked as to why someone would question why a top athlete who plays at the top level and wins games and earns lots of money doing it, would actually do it. Its just staggeringly stupid to even ask that question. He plays, he wins games, he makes 2nd/3rd rounds in Grand Slams and other tournaments against the top players in the world. He has an ability few few people in this world have, probably only 50 people can do it better than him, and you question why he does it.

Mind boggling.

What is the shinboner spirit?

It's just a nice way of describing North Melbourne when they are a MOR team of battlers. You never hear of it when they're consistently winning, either during the '90s or last year.

Really seems like something that just defined the post-Carey, Dean Laidley era, when North were (for the most part) a team of good honest triers who got wins through hard work, effort and playing together to a plan, rather than flash and skill.

During high school in the eighties we did work in English or history or both on the reasons behind the diminishing importance of Anzac day and the quite large amount of negativity/hostility towards it by some. A lot of it was due to the fallout from the Vietnam war and fears at the time of a nuclear war meaning the anti war movement was strong

This attitude shifted and Anzac regained its position as a day of genuine reflection but as you say it's now morphed into something else that approaches an ugly time of celebration - I often used to think I'd like to attend a dawn service at Gallipoli thinking it would be quite special but now that seems closer to a rock concert than a solemn remembrance
Can highly recommend going there not on Anzac Day. You get the experience without the s**t crowds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He earned $186,000 for making the third round this year.

That's why.

He only made the 2nd round this year actually

But either way, still money

But money isnt the point, hes competitive. If anybody had the ability to qualify for a grandslam and make it past the first round, firstly who wouldnt nominate for that and secondly how could you criticize anybody that does?

Hes a world class player in the sport

He only made the 2nd round this year actually

But either way, still money

But money isnt the point, hes competitive. If anybody had the ability to qualify for a grandslam and make it past the first round, firstly who wouldnt nominate for that and secondly how could you criticize anybody that does?

Hes a world class player in the sport
Okay, so he made $109,500 for playing two games. Not bad.

I agree, easy money, he won't win another slam, but why not win as much as you can before you can retire?

Why don't mustaches look as great as they did in the yesteryear?

Because hipsters

mervhughes94getty390-15f3tmc.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back