Stynes statue before Jock McHales?

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm not asking for us to debate if Stynes deserves a statue or not, but I think we should discuss when is Jock McHale going to be recognised for his legendary contribution to the game with a Statue outside the MCG?

Is this another "deal" Eddie has made that he can call on down the track to further the Collingwood cause if not how can Jock McHale not be recognised before Stynes.

Last I checked the MCG was owned by the MCC, not Collingwood or the AFL.

A Melbourne legend being honoured with a statue isn't really that difficult to understand. Not sure how Eddie even factors in to this.

No Dick Lee, No Whitten, No Lockett, No Ablett, No Nicholls...

The list goes on. The statues mean nothing.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah it is the ground is the MCC's Melbourne is not even based there anymore, I think Leigh Matthews among others have statues there. I think Jock deserves greater recognition he coached more Premierships then anyone and it comes to the team of the century doesn't get a look in what the * is with that

Dynamics

Cancelled
Jul 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
The whole Jim Stynes thing... It's hard to say anything less than breathlessly glowing for fear of people jumping down your throat for it.

Personally I can think of others who have either made greater contributions to the game itself or had greater achievements, and are therefore more worthy of a statue.

But it's not my call and if it makes people happy then there are things far more important to worry about than who gets a statue first.

We can honour our own at Collingwood and that'll do me.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
It seems that the MCC might be willing to do a statue that is half Jim and half Jock..... in the spirit of Two-face from the Batman movie. Jock, of course, was the son of an Irishman and had a strong Irish Catholic background.... just like Jim. It seems that both the Irish Prime Minister and the Pope have given their blessing to the idea...

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
It seems that the MCC might be willing to do a statue that is half Jim and half Jock..... in the spirit of Two-face from the Batman movie. Jock, of course, was the son of an Irishman and had a strong Irish Catholic background.... just like Jim. It seems that both the Irish Prime Minister and the Pope have given their blessing to the idea...
I like it but only as long as Eddie can get something personal out of it.....coz, we all know that is how he works